[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't he stop the explosion the millisecond it detonated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 3
File: yawn of just ass.jpg (121 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
yawn of just ass.jpg
121 KB, 1280x720
Why didn't he stop the explosion the millisecond it detonated? It could have made for an awesome slow-motion, bullet time-style scene showing Supes using his freeze breath and actually saving lives for once, thus proving his loyalty to humanity.

Missed opportunity right there.
>>
He is not flash
>>
>>67934982
because Hack Snyder. Also if he had Batman wouldnt hate him anymore
>>
File: MichaelBay.jpg (31 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
MichaelBay.jpg
31 KB, 460x276
>>67934982
>>
>>67934982
Because this isn't your power fantasy, go back to playing videogames.
>>
>>67935015
>superman
>not a power fantasy

Ok Hack Snyder.
>>
>>67934982
Who cares. Stop talking about this stupid fucking movie.
>>
>>67935015
Yeah he isn't Superman either huh? why bother.
>>
>>67934982
>Man of Murder
>saving people
>>
>>67935067
fuck you. I'll talk whatever I want
>>
Superman is a fanfiction character. He can and can't do what the writer says. Richard Donner did pretty well at showing that in his movies
>>
>>67935015
>Because this isn't your power fantasy, go back to playing videogames.
most pathetic post on TV
>>
1. Superman hasn't been shown to have freeze breath in this universe.

2. Superman's not that fast.

3. The entire theme of this movie was "Superman can't win". No matter how good Superman's intentions are and no matter how powerful he is, he just can't seem to come out on top in any scenario in this movie. By having the explosion happen and then having some citizens claim that Superman's an accomplice because he must have seen the bomb and let it detonate anyway, it establishes that not only does Superman lose when he saves people, but he also loses when he doesn't save people.
>>
>>67934982
because Batman still has to fight him. this is a Batman movie, Superman is merely a tool to serve Batman's character.
>>
>>67935340
>1. Superman hasn't been shown to have freeze breath in this universe.
doesn't mean he doesn't have it. His weakness to kryptonite wasn't shown in the first movie, so clearly he's not affected by it, right?
>2. Superman's not that fast.
sure he is. He can hear and stop lois from falling off a building when he's not even close, let alone fly around the globe to save her
>3. The entire theme of this movie was "Superman can't win".
nah.
>>
>>67935015
This is true, actually.

Snyder's Superman is not a power fantasy, and that's the problem.
>>
>>67935340
>2. Superman's not that fast.

Yes he is. He can travel across the world to rescue Lois from terrorists in seconds, you telling me he can't throw a wheelchair a few yards away?
>>
>>67935594
>doesn't mean he doesn't have it.
True, but if it hasn't been established, then asking why he doesn't use it is a terrible argument.

>sure he is.
You're underestimating how short a "millisecond" is, especially since he would be disarming a bomb.

>nah.
Explain.

>>67935648
>you telling me he can't throw a wheelchair a few yards away?
And make sure the paraplegic doesn't get hurt all in the window of time he has between the bomb detonating and the heat from the explosion reaching the paraplegic? Yes. I'm saying he's not capable of that.
>>
>>67935340
>The entire theme of this movie was "Superman can't win"

If we look at every scenario in this movie, then comparing that with what Superman can do, he can easily win all the challenge thrown at him.

But since this movie principle is "the plot driving the character" this is the result we all get. The plot goes flawlessly, a mechanical clockwork. And audience shouldnt be happy with that.
>>
>>67935837
>If we look at every scenario in this movie, then comparing that with what Superman can do
You know what that's called? That's called "autism". You're basically the guy who watches a Star Wars movie and is driven insane by the fact that the Jedi don't do things that you would personally do with telekinetic powers, like crushing a person's brain inside of their skull or extracting all of the blood from their body.

>But since this movie principle is "the plot driving the character" this is the result we all get. The plot goes flawlessly, a mechanical clockwork. And audience shouldnt be happy with that.
Do you even know what you're saying? You're saying that the autism stuff I just described is more important that developing characters and establishing themes.
>>
Why didn't he just get hair plugs?
>>
>>67934982
The correct answer is, wait for it...HE DIDN'T GIVE A SHIT. How hard is it to understand that.
>>
How does super speed work anyway ? Does every instant feel like an eternity ? Does super speed only "works" under specific circumstances ? What triggers those ? What if he's distracted ?
>>
>>67934982
He literally said he wasn't paying attention and blamed himself for not having saved anyone. Did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>67936281
If he's distracted he won't do anything. Just like it happened in OP's case.
>>
>>67935744
>since he would be disarming a bomb.
he didn't have to disarm it, just contain it.
>>
Watching Guardians of the Galaxy

Who are these characters? too many introduced! can't follow

His mother is dying...HERE SON HAVE DADROCK LMAO

a raccoon knows who jackson pollock is

TOO MANY CHARACTERS WHATS GOING ON

What exactly is the bad guys plan? I couldn't follow

Who is this giant purple guy floating in space??

One point they are in space jail? Then a space flea market in a giant head?? IT JUMPS AROUND TOO MUCH

DANCE OFF!??!! WTF

music is terrible

sometimes someone is talking and the scene cuts to another person?? NICE EDITING WHATS GOING ON!!!!

Was his dead mom a dream? A DREAM?!?! OR A GHOST WHAT THE HELL

who is that talking duck??? I DONT GET IT

They were kind of scum bags but then became heroes?!WHY NICE MOTIVATION

Repeats the same "aliens don't get human jokes" joke

DUDE A DANCING TREE LMAO

Nice quips

why would the cassette still work if he listened to it all those times over the years?? IT SHOULD BE WORN OUT!!!!!

Why is stan lee in space?? WAY TO DROP THE BALL AND NOT EXPLAIN THAT
>>
>>67935988
pretty weak argument m8.
>>
This thread is full of dumb people so i'll post this in caps.

HE NEEDS TO KNOW WHERE TO LOOK FOR AND FOCUS IN ORDER TO SEE AND HEAR SHIT. THAT'S HOW HE LEARNED TO TUNE HIS SUPER-SENSES IN MAN OF STEEL.
SUPERMAN IGNORED WALLACE, THE GUY IN THE WHEELCHAIR, BECAUSE HE WAS ASHAMED AND FEELING GUILTY. HE INTENTIONALLY IGNORED THE MAN NOT WANTING TO EVEN LOOK THE GUY IN THE FACE. THAT'S WHY HE DIDN'T CATCH THE BOMB SIGNAL SOONER.
>>
>>67936528
HOLY SHIT, DUDE. DOES THAT MEAN THAT SUPS HAS SOMETHING OF A CHARACTER IN THIS MOVIE?! DUDE!
>>
>>67936281
>How does super speed work anyway ?
he goes fast
>Does every instant feel like an eternity ?
probably not
>Does super speed only "works" under specific circumstances ?
only when he wants to go fast
>What triggers those ? What if he's distracted ?
he decides to go fast.
>>
>>67936528

WHY THE FUCK DID NOBODY IN THE SECURITY CHECK WETHER THE WHEELCHAIR OF THE GUY WAS JAILED FOR PUBLIC VANDALISM AND TERRORISM AND WAS FINANCED BY LEX LUTHOR WHO OPENLY WANTS TO LEGALIZE A WEAPON AGAINST SUPERMAN WAS A BOMB
I HAVE TO FUCKING NAKED AT AN AIRPORT AND SOME LITERAL CRIMINAL CAN JUST SNEAK A BOMB INTO CONGRESS
>>
>>67936790

>LEX LUTHOR WHO OPENLY WANTS TO LEGALIZE A WEAPON AGAINST SUPERMAN

Wallace was an important witness in the trial that's make Superman look bad and only the Senator knew that Lex Luthor wanted a weapon against Superman, but at that point it didn't mattered because Luthor was going to be there in the hearing on the front row. He was in the corridor and his close assistant is sitting there and everything.
>>
>>67934982
Because this Superman isn't effective. If he was then the planet would like him, the audience would like him, and it would be a Superman movie instead of a series of movies about a man who can't pull anything off being trying to ignore people's scrutiny.
>>
>>67936864

None of this explains why nobody checked wether his wheelchair was a bomb.
Also why would Lex only tell that bitch Senator to legalize Kryptonite? For that to even be up to debate it needs to be public, some single bitchy ass senator doesn't even have the power to decide that
>>
>>67934982
>freeze breath

We will see this power someday?

It's a very faggot power.
>>
>>67934982
He literally spells it out for you, he was caught off guard, it was a suprise. And despite the allusions, he isn't God.
>>
>>67936968
Honestly it doesn't surprise me, understanding that he was an important activist who they already knew. TSA is shit.
>>
because he wasn't looking for it, he wasn't aware it was there, he was completely focused on protective his reputation, again this is a somewhat amateurish superman, he is not refined yet like batman, who is anally anticipatory
>>
>>67934982
He isnt that fast. He is just 900 times faster than sound. But for the first 5 seconds he is just 1 or 2 times faster than sound.
>>
>>67936528
How hard was he focusing when Lois was in Africa? Its really far you know. At least compared to the width of the congress room. He even had to break the sound barrier.
>>
>>67937294

The point is that he purposely ignored the guy.
>>
>>67937195
>again this is a somewhat amateurish superman, he is not refined yet like batman, who is anally anticipatory
I like the interpretation that Superman fails (and acts like a dick) so much because he hasn't figured out exactly how to be the hero the audience sees him as, both in terms of how he uses his powers and how he acts when he‘s saving people.
The problem is that his character hasn't developed over the course of two movies. He's just shown to be angsty and that's it.
>>
So the Flash travels through time and says he's too soon, so wouldn't future Batman just tell the Flash that he's going to appear to him in the past too soon and why wouldn't he correct for that mistake?
>>
>>67937348
I thought when he was traveling around in MoS, anonymously saving people ( occasionally wrecking trucks ), he was supposed to learn more about the world, what works what doesn't etc, then he met Jor-El and all that, but still, 2 years since Zod and he looks like he just became Superman yesterday, still not sure about his own character value other than saving people :/
>>
>>67937348
actually i think his response is quite accurate, he saves thousands of people over and over and people still don't trust him, he's depressed almost emotionally exhausted, he is as much man in psychology as everyone on earth. However, i really like Cavill and he seems likes a decent fellow and i really enjoyed man of steel, he just seems too stiff and somewhat lacks charisma, that may be his or snyder's fault, sometimes character development can be seen just through the character's face, Cavill's superman at times feels a bit stony and it feels like a stock performance, i would even say eisenberg was more nuanced in his performance, imo of course
>>
>>67937503

He probably does. In the Flash movie he'll travel back in time and appear too soon. Then he goes back again and puts him to sleep to cover up his fuck up and that's why Batman wakes up again although it wasn't a dream. Then he goes back to the proper time. And all Snydercucks will be all "Omg Snyder is so amazing he planned it all along!"
You can screencap this post
>>
>>67937656
lol there is just too much swag in there
>>
>>67935067
+1

Movie is shit. Just because you've got a boner for the franchises it rapes in it's capitalist gang bang doesn't mean you have to obsess and search for meaning in it. It's garbage.
>>
>>67935340

Yes he is. He's only a few milliseconds slower than the flash.
>>
>>67938193
man that dude is perfect
>>
>>67934982
I don't get it how does a fucking jar of piss explode?
>>
>>67938147
>+1

Haha here's my upvote too!
>>
>>67938780
Clearly, it's a magic jar of piss.
>>
>>67939075
>>67938780
is this bait? The bomb was in the wheelchair
>>
>>67934982
if God is so good, why do bad things happen?
>>
>>67936968
Why the fuck would someone even begin to think about searching for a bomb inside a crippled mans wheelchair you fucking paranoid idiot
>>
>>67934982
This Superman doesn't seem all that "super" in general.

Batman's tactics for fighting him were quite clever, but they still relied on the idea that Superman doesn't THINK fast. I thought Superman was supposed to be able to react to something immediately.
>>
>>67936435
probably would be pretty hard since it's in the chair, he'd have to fly through a window occupant and all

also despite his speed i doubt he'd be able to get there in time
>>
Did you even watch the movie you fucking idiot? He literally says he didn't notice it.
>>
>>67935009
>he's pointing at us...
>>
>>67936461
Nice retort, truly a master argument.
>>
>>67937082
>it was a suprise.

To someone who should be able to hear it and deal with it fast?
>>
>tfw the only person on this fucking board that hasn't seen this movie
s-someone will put a stream up that isnt a camrip soon r-right?
>>
>>67936435
why contain it?
>>
>>67934982
Why didn't he just throw the wheelchair guy into the sun?
>>
>>67934982

Hasnt used Freeze Breath as of yet... unless I missed it in the films
>>
>>67940631
>WHY THE FUCK DID NOBODY IN THE SECURITY CHECK WETHER THE WHEELCHAIR OF THE GUY WAS JAILED FOR PUBLIC VANDALISM AND TERRORISM
>>
>>67941253
*it was a hologram*
>>
>>67934982
Since Supes can move almost as fast as the Flash, that means he can almost move at light speed. I agree. They could've done some Quicksilver type scene with his powers in this scene. Again, they fucked up.
>>
>>67936435
Sometimes you just can't get rid of a bomb, and the fire rises.

Not Supes' fault.
>>
>>67941670
>Since Supes can move almost as fast as the Flash, that means he can almost move at light speed.

'no'
>>
Superman is physically fast enough that he could have done it, but he does not have the kind of heightened perception required to detect and react to the explosion in time.
>>
>>67941467
I love this type of autism
>>
>>67942035
I love this type of non-answer
>>
>>67941925
Yes
>>
>>67934982
That would've been the most tensionless, Mary Sue, camptacular way to do that scene. If he said "I just prefer it when the AC is on" after everyone is shocked it would've been Marvel grade.
>>
File: 1364142894457.gif (2 MB, 230x150) Image search: [Google]
1364142894457.gif
2 MB, 230x150
>>67941253

>hear it

Is this supposed some big bundle of dynamite with a huge clock that ticks really loud?
>>
>>67934982
That's two things he and Batman have in common now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIPZROBiNik&nohtml5=False
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.