[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which did you prefer, Babylon 5 or Deep Space Nine?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 4543543534.jpg (97 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
4543543534.jpg
97 KB, 620x320
Which did you prefer, Babylon 5 or Deep Space Nine?
>>
File: 1440547594790.png (344 KB, 626x721) Image search: [Google]
1440547594790.png
344 KB, 626x721
>>67934508
Babylon 5, no contest
>>
>>67935064
This. Infinitely more quotable too.
>>
i liked both, but i lost a little interest in Bab 5 when so many actors got written out or replaced
>>
Farscape
>>
>>67936470
>so many actors got written out or replaced
All I can think of was the first captain and kosh. Oh, and the psychic chick. But they brought the lady back from the pilot to replace her. So you could say either got replaced, or both.

Which ones bothered you? Honestly, I just missed Kosh the most out of all of those. His replacement was a dick.
>>
>>67936508
I'd put it under B5 but above DS9. Really fun show. God damn did the Henson Company do an amazing job with all the props and sets too.
>>
Hard to decide. DS9 had the bigger budget, and better effects and acting. But B5's characters were more interesting and the show's arc was more involving and satisfying than DS9's. Though I did appreciate the 'slow burn' DS9 had going for it.
B5 had much less 'bad' episodes, but no part of DS9 was as bad as the Telepath arc in B5's last season.
It would be a bit of a slog to go through the entirety of DS9 again (at least this soon, I finished about a year and a half ago), especially with all of the bad (read: Ferengi) episodes it had, and B5 always seems to be fresh, so I'll go with B5.
>>
Both are great shows but I like how Babylon 5 is more grounded to reality with things like money and capitalism, corrupt mega corps, attention to detail with ships having artificial gravity by using centripetal force and actually using all the dimensions of space.

DS9 had much better effects though and a much more detailed lore.
>>
>>67936726
>no part of DS9 was as bad as the Telepath arc in B5's last season.

All the devil lights bullshit at the end of the show was worse I think. Especially all the focus on the fat old Bajoran zealot.

And I liked the Ferengi episodes, except for the one where they visited Quark's mom, and some of the Nagus ones.
>>
>>67936822
>much more detailed lore.
Not really. They had regular star trek lore to pull on which is pretty detailed, but stuff they added themselves was mostly wasted on the Bajorans. The stuff they added for the Cardi's and Ferengi was mostly good though.
>>
>>67936627
>Which ones bothered you?
back then it bothered me that Sinclare went out, but i got used to Sheridan sooner or later and liked the contrast, i really hated when the actress who played Talia went out because they build up a few good storylines with her and Kosh or Ivanova
>>
>>67937315
I never felt bad about bad things happening to psy corps people.

You know they originally never meant to replace Sinclaire? But the actor had some kind of mental breakdown during the first season.
>>
>>67937409
IIRC he started getting early onset dementia.
>>
I can watch Deep Space Nine alone or with friends/family.

I can watch Babylon 5 alone.

DS9 wins because I can't show B5 to anyone else.
>>
>>67937584
>I can't show B5 to anyone else.

What?
>>
>>67937721
not him, but it can be pretty cringy/embarrassing desu. The make-up/acting/effects/etc. I think I get what he means
>>
>>67934508
Deep space nine. Could never watch Babylon 5.because of that uncle fester dude that had a haircut like a turkey.
>>
File: Rom-ferengi-9330707-692-530.jpg (103 KB, 692x530) Image search: [Google]
Rom-ferengi-9330707-692-530.jpg
103 KB, 692x530
>>67936829
Moogi?
>>
>>67938175
I dunno. No worse than watching original trek or galactica and people do that all the time. Hell, I saw B5 for the first time because a buddy loaned me his old DVD set. Really only the CG is bad. Now if he said something like Lexx, I could understand. Even Farscape is a bit more in the bizarre realm.
>>
>>67938226
>that uncle fester dude that had a haircut like a turkey.

Uncle fester with a sidehawk is the the best character!
>>
>>67938269
Like most shows the first season could get pretty groan worthy but it picked up really quick in 2.
>>
>>67937721
You and I and other subhuman 4channers can look past the wooden acting and dated production values to find B5's heart of gold.

Normies can't.

If I want to sit down with a normie and enjoy some quality scifi together, it's gotta be a Trek like DS9.
>>
File: turkeyman.jpg (43 KB, 696x181) Image search: [Google]
turkeyman.jpg
43 KB, 696x181
>>67938306
couldn't hack his russian accent either
>>
>>67938385
I'd say B5 is more hammy than wooden. I like that extra drama though. It's like watching a play.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.