[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warner Bros. Mulls Releasing Fewer Films as 'Batman v. Superman'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
>After an abysmal run of expensive underperformers including Jupiter Ascending, Pan and In the Heart of the Sea, the studio launched its effort at a Marvel-style film universe with the DC Comics movie that had been touted as proof the regime installed in 2013 and headed by chairman and CEO Kevin Tsujihara was getting on track. But a dizzying 69 percent plunge that followed its March-record $166.1 million domestic opening ($422.5 million worldwide) means Batman is not a clear win.

>Some competitors say the film may turn a profit but hardly will be the money gusher studios hope for when they pour massive resources into making a giant tentpole with a big star — with a budget in this case said to be in excess of $300 million, and Ben Affleck. "The biggest problem," says the head of a rival studio, "is that it is not turning [DC] into Marvel. The audience has communicated, as have the critics." One agent notes BvS likely won't get to $1 billion despite launching the universe with "two of the most iconic characters in history." Pointing out that Jurassic World pulled in $1.67 billion globally, he continues, "you can't tell me Batman v. Superman is so much less valuable."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warner-bros-mulls-releasing-films-881265
>>
JUST
>>
Batman and Superman are worth less than a shitty dino flick

Amazing
>>
>>67932277
Oh good, the DCCU is dying.
Reboot when?
>>
File: jb.png (214 KB, 816x390) Image search: [Google]
jb.png
214 KB, 816x390
>Jungle Book is about to BTFO BvS next week

kek. DC is kill.
>>
>>67932665
>7.3/10

meh. pass.
>>
>You face when you realized there are only 6 major film studios in United States
>>
>>67932277
I swear to god. Only a fucktard like Snyder can screw up something like batman and superman.
It's practically impossible not to make money with those two. But his dumb ass found a way.
>>
>>67932277
WB flew too close to the sun with Zack Snyder.

it's ok to try and make capeshit that can be taken seriously, but Zack Snyder is not your fucking guy. you need someone who has credibility as a filmmaker if you want to do actual capekino.
>>
Can they just cancel the DCEU?

I want an adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns starring Mel Gibson
>>
I know it won't happen but I want Marvel to tank next. Capeshit is fucking cancer.
>>
>>67932987
>you need someone who has credibility as a filmmaker if you want to do actual capekino
But Snyder did made a kino, it was WB who ruined movie with their shoehorned META humans.
>>
>>67932835
>>67932987
I really can't understand why would they give it to Snyder? He's never made a good movie.
>>
but muh snyder isn't getting fired meme
>>
>>67933444
His wife
>>
>>67932277
>Jupiter Ascending, Pan and In the Heart of the Sea
All of these films are total fucking shit. BvS is massively successful in comparison and that's without adding on the merchandise profits and extended bluray sales they will get.

If they are going to make fewer films then it's obvious they should make fewer pieces of shit like Jupiter Ascending and Pan.

The faggot sisters have cost them a fortune, not Snyder.
>>
>>67933561
That's a Bingo!
>>
>>67932987
They really should have just offered all the money they had to Christopher Nolan to beg him to come back and do the DCEU. It would have honestly been much more salvageable if he were in the director's seat
>>
>>67933339
"Capeshit" in films has existed since the 40s. It's never, ever going away. Ever.
>>
>>67933561
>>67933581
What about his wife?
>>
>>67933576

This. The executives need to be replaced. They have no idea what the audience wants. Even then, the writers don't know how to make a story or there is enough meddling that it is causing problems. The justice league shoehorning in bvs was grating.
>>
>>67933339
Marvel and Fox recognized after Deadpool that comedy is key in capeshit. For me, i saw it with Kick Ass.
>>
>>67933631
She's a head exec at WB
>>
>>67932277
>that hairline

dawn of JUSTice
>>
>>67933631
she is the main reason zack snyder even has a job, she has produced basically every movie he has made other than like 2 of them.

it's basically entirely her fault.
>>
Two iconic white men vs some dumb shit about dinosaurs and kids

The execs are wrong. Jurassic Turd is more valuable in today's market. Simplistic runaround with jokes. It's a pile of rat shit but populist dreck will always make more money.
>>
>>67932277
So whats going to bomb next ? The new Wolverine and Friends Movie ?
>>
>>67933064
Fuck yeah I would pay to see that.
>>
>>67932277
>Write good movies
>Launch them
>Profit

Those basic steps are being ignored by every movie company. I hope they go bankrupt, they deserve it.
>>
>>67933840
JW was way better than BvS come on?

At least with World, the people got what they came for all the way through the movie
>>
>>67933576
Except BvS hasnt even grossed 800million yet, way off the estimated 1billion+
>>
>>67933064
You've given me something I never knew I wanted.
>>
Reminder, Deadpool is currently still ahead of BvS

It'll probably beat it by it's 4th week maybe but it took a month for Batman and Superman to beat Deadpool.
>>
>>67933933
You're a fucking retard mate. Just piss off back to your cave.
>>
>>67933889
Which - Age of Apocalypse? I'm not certain Wolverine is even in it, is he?
>>
>>67933695
a few characters can be edgy, grim and dark though like Batman (Superman should never be like that)
>>
>>67934056
He's not
>>
>>67934056
He isn't.
Dude is almost 50, and considering he has to film Wolverine 3 in a few months, asking him to stay that fit for so long would be like torturing him.
>>
>>67933889
The Wolverine movies sell well even if they are mediocre tho

The new X-Men movies still have some steam, but then again X2 was great while X3 was garbage
>>
I hope Marvel will die as well.
>>
>>67933994
They need 800 million to make the film an investment worthwhile. They're fucked. GG DC cucks
>>
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
IT'S NOT FAIR
>>
>>67934056
I think apocolypse will do well. No record breaking, but well.
>>
>>67932277
>>67932277
>you can't tell me Batman v. Superman is so much less valuable
What's the point of having iconic characters, if you are going to change or force their personalities and/or context.

It's like selling shit-tasted candy vs normal ballons to kids.
>This can't be explained! We always thought candy was more valuable for kids! We were wrong all along haha! Times surely changes.
>>
THE MOVIE IS SHIT?

THAT DONT MATTER, I DEMAND YOU GO SEE IT BECAUSE OF THE CHARACTERS NAMES.
>>
Fuck this world.

I have wanted to see this film since the teaser in "I'm Legend" and now that I've seen it is not that great at all and I can't deal with this.

What is the best way to kill myself?
>>
WHY DOES MARVEL ALWAYS GET TO WIN?
>>
>>67934474
BECAUSE TONY STARK BUILT THE STUDIO IN A CAVE!
>>
>>67934068
>make movies about good old superman
>nobody is interested
>change the formula
>everyone gets upset and request the old boring movies they didn't watch in the first place

Leave Zack's take on Superman alone. He at least made him more interesting than Singer did. Why would he be the boyscout since the beginning? It will eventually develop into it, no worries.
>>
File: J U S T.png (120 KB, 399x288) Image search: [Google]
J U S T.png
120 KB, 399x288
>>
>>67934483
WITH A BOX OF QUIPS!
>>
>>67934091
> asking him to stay that fit for so long would be like torturing him.

lol shut up cuck you don't know shit
if he wanted he could stay that fit until his death, but he probably doesn't wanna keep doing capeshit
>>
File: micdolar.jpg (26 KB, 442x191) Image search: [Google]
micdolar.jpg
26 KB, 442x191
>>67934474
Disney never lose.
>>
>>67934568
He literally said Wolverine 3 will be his last appearance as him because he can't stand more training.
>cuck
>using meme words for no reason
>>
>>67934419
By watching the moovie over and over. I felt like I was dying in the cinema when I was watching it. Thank fuck the tickets were free.
>>
>>67934419
whatever you do...

please take Snyder with you
>>
>>67934607
The snackbar is open.
>>
>>67932773
OY vey
>>
>>67934596
>he can't stand more training.
he doesn't want to
that's very different
>>
>>67934660
Do you think you have the same energy when you are 30 than when you are 50?
>>
>>67934678
There's guys in their 80's and 90's who still run marathons. It's up to you, really.
>>
>Wont even make 1 billion

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
>>
>>67932703
>5.0
MORE MEH
>>
File: FF2uBFZ.jpg (97 KB, 969x1045) Image search: [Google]
FF2uBFZ.jpg
97 KB, 969x1045
>>67933583
Is he the knight WB needs?
>>
>>67932277
>"What if we make good movies with smaller budgets?"
>"lol call Zack Snyder and sign a contract for 18 movies, $500 million budget each"
>>
>>67933583
Nolan is obviously the better choice over Snyder for BvS, but he's not what you need to build a sustainable, expanding and energetic cinematic universe. Of course, Snyder is even worse.
>>
>>67934800
Nolan's movies put me to sleep. The dude is so over-rated it hurts.
>>
dc will never get anywhere if they keep hiring people who are embarrassed by the company's pre-1986 output. execs only know 4 dc comics though: dark knight, watchmen, kingdom come and the death of superman. can't wait for xena-lite "amazon warrior" wonder woman to flop.
>>
>>67933064
No. No more fucking DKR shit. The animated film is good enough. I wouldn't mind him as an old Batman mentoring Terry.
>>
>>67934965
Yeah he's not as smart as Snyder. Dunno why people like him.
>>
>>67934249

they needed 400 to break even, they are way beyond that
>>
>>67935298
A film's production budget isn't the only consideration.

Marketing can be just as much as production costs and has to be factored in too.

$800m in order to just break even is correct.

>there were people actually thinking it would break $2b
>>
>>67934604
I just saw BvS last night and also had a free ticket. Man this movie sucked. I seriously thought about just walking out halfway through the movie, I was that fucking bored.
>>
but reviews don't matter :^)
>>
so much for that cyborg movie
>>
>>67933840
>Two iconic white men
>vs
>two white adults and two white kids
>featuring cgi
nice try but you won't meme on me.

Both were trashcan tier anyway.
>>
>>67935133
This. WB fucking hates Superman and every DC superhero not named Batman. Hell, they even hate everything Vertigo-related. They're sitting on goldmines and they fuck it up EVERY SINGLE TIME. Just look at the two Green Lantern movies
>The animated one spends 5 minutes on Earth and then it's fun space adventures
>The Reynolds one spends 5 minutes in space and is boring and feels ashamed of its source material

Marvel takes shit and turns it into gold while WB turns gold into shit. I hope they fire every single executive there. I hope they lose so much money that they have to start selling franchises or WB properties like DV, Vertigo or even the Looney Toons because they surely ain't doing anything good with them.
>>
>>67932277
WB is beyond stupid. You don't need to make it all quippy and le maymay like Marvel's begun devolving into (which sucks because I love classic Marvel and DC comics so much), and this movie's failure is not because of that. Look at the Dark Knight Trilogy, which (fuck /tv/) was done extremely well with its darker tone by giving you real characters and actually made philosophical points without beating you with them.

BVS can be darker than Marvel movies, there isn't an issue with that. However, tone and "look who we have" does not make a film. The movie needs to be competent. You can't just be dark just to do it, you need to give us stakes that match. Be gradual. I don't care if JL doesn't come out until Avengers 7, as long as it is properly done. Humor is the 'in' thing with capeshit because Marvel gave it a good base with Avengers 1. WB seems to forget they set the standard for gritty capeshit for years with Batman Begins and Dark Knight. They are so mind numbingly focused on money that they aren't understanding that making the film's good, or at least satisfying to the audience, will increase revenue.
>>
I would love to see more studio email leaks where they point at Warner and laugh because they couldn't make Batman and Superman together onscreen for the first time to be a massive success.
>>
WB also hires the dumbest directors in business for their superheroes.

>Superman: fucking retard Snyder
>Flash: the spastic that wrote Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter and Dark Shadows
>Shazam: Shawn Levy, the literally who from Night in a Museum or whatever it's called
>Wonder Woman: another literal who, but this time without cock because tumblr
>>
File: Kai-Ro.jpg (23 KB, 421x316) Image search: [Google]
Kai-Ro.jpg
23 KB, 421x316
>>67935220
>uh, bruce. green lanturn is charging at me
>Terry, is he the little dark skinned jewish kid?
>bruce? hes like the only green lanturn we got in this sector...
>YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO TERRY! KILL THE NIGGER JEW! KILL HIM DEAD AND SHOW HIM TO THAT NIGGER HAWK! LET HIM KNOW WE MEAN BUSNIESS! AND WHEN YOUR DONE WITH NIGGAHAWK, DRAG HIS BODY TO AQUAMANS SPAWN AND MAKE HER FISHY CUNT CRRRRRAAAAWL TO YOUR BATCOCK ALL WHILE BEGGING FOR FORGIVENESS! DO IT TERRY! NOW!"
>... not schway, bruce.
>>
>>67936142
Do you have the one that leaked ? I'd like too see that
>>
>>67936197
Because Marvel/Disney get the talent.

Compare
>Jon Favreau
>The Russos
>Joss Whedon
>JJ Abrams
>Rian Johnson
>Ryan Coogler

To who you mentioned.
>>
>Wonder Woman fails because it's shit
>WB blames it on women not being able to carry a film because men don't want to see it!

>Captain Marvel does great

CANT WAIT
>>
>>67936265
They also actively fuck it up with real talent. Jeff Nichols could have directed Aquaman and Phil Lord and Chris Miller could have directed Flash.

There must be something wrong at Warner Bros when their executives scare away the talent.
>>
>>67933064
Mel should direct a DC film

Jonah Hex vs the Jews
>>
>>67936317
>WB blames it on women not being able to carry a film because men don't want to see it!

Get with the times, they'll blame patriarchy and fucking white males. Nevermind the literally who director, the terrible actress that can't even speak English and that the few scenes we've seen so far looked terrible.
>>
>>67936368

>YFW Disney agrees to let Mel do Iron Man 4 after Infinity Wars
>>
>>67936408

I said they would blame the men that don't want to see it
>>
File: ayy.jpg (51 KB, 418x400) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
51 KB, 418x400
>>67936317
Men don't want to see HER
>>
Is it too late to save him? Will he always be remembered as the guy who starred in those shitty Superman movies? Or he won't be remembered at all?
>>
>>67936442
She's spooky.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 600x843) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 600x843
>>67934800
They already have one
>>
Blame the writers and Snyder
>>
>Snyder fucked up WB
WELL CONGRATULATIONS YOU FLOPPED. NOW WHATS THE NEXT STEP IN YOUR MASTER PLAN
>>
ditch the cape shit and make a prequel spinoff about the only popular character to come out of the franchise
>>
>>67936550
CRASHING DC WITH NO SURVIVORS.
>>
>>67935298
Not true. They have marketing cost to factor in and only get half the revenue they get from box office. Around 800-925m is the area they need to break even. Stop moving the goal post
>>
>>67936317
Apparently they just moved the WW release date to not open against Transformers

Just two weeks earlier though
>>
>DC fags scapegoating Snyder.

Watchmen was a huge success despite most people not knowing anything about the characters. Same with 300.

Maybe, just maybe, a Batman vs Superman movie was a stupid fucking idea to begin with and would have failed no matter who directed it.
>>
File: 23526.jpg (214 KB, 869x849) Image search: [Google]
23526.jpg
214 KB, 869x849
>>67936550

crashing this studio
>>
All of you Pleb sheep shitting on BvS I want to know what was the last big movie that the general meme public hated but you actually liked.

Prove to me that you are not a meme riding sheep.
>>
File: 45346346.jpg (263 KB, 1058x913) Image search: [Google]
45346346.jpg
263 KB, 1058x913
>>67936607
>>
We have passed peak capeshit, thank fuck
>>
I love seeing these Jew faggots trying to monetize culture like a fucking commodity crash and burn.
>>
>>67936700

>movie was complete fucking shit
>must be capeshits fault
>>
Even the executives are shitting themselves. DCucks are fucked
>>
>>67933064
Mel yes but no more Frank Miller shit pls
>>
>>67936623
WITH THE LIGHTS OUT
>>
>>67936712
>understanding basic english
>>
>>67934522
HOW
O
W
>>
>>67936614
> Watchmen was a huge success

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=watchmen.htm

It never even made it's money back at the cinema globally.
>>
I'm surprised no one has made a change.org petition to WB to fire Snyder as director
>>
honestly how does this not make a billion

it's batman versus superman
>>
>>67936634
Keep dreaming about Snyder's auteur status. He's a confirmed retard since the press conference for 300 at the Berlinale. Every serious question asked by the press was answered by shit like "Because it's awesome","because every scene had to be awesome", "the action scenes had to be awesome",etc. The journalists couldn't believe that this retard was the director.
>>
>it won't reach 1 billion

hahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
why are they making a WW film so early? Like you want to make one it's fine but holy shit that's risky.

it'll bomb and fuck up your whole muh cinematic universe plans before you even get a solo batman film out there
>>
>>67936780
That's the point. They fucked up something as big as Superman vs Batman. You have to be a special kind of idiot to fuck up a movie with those two characters.
>>
>>67936634
> I want to know what was the last big movie that the general meme public hated but you actually liked.
Saving Silverman. Which is better than BvS.
>>
>>67936780
>poor marketing that gave everything away in the trailer
>Horrible casting choices
>Zack Snyder
>critical thrashing
>poor word of mouth
>>
>>67936614

Watchmen is reason we couldn't get an animated killing joke until recently.

http://capedcrusades.com/2016/02/24/did-watchmen-kill-a-killing-joke-movie/
>>
>>67934397
This has never been more relevant.

https://youtu.be/EPBIDPIo92Q
>>
DKEKS BTFO

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>67936780
Cause critics and audience word of mouth has been mixed to negative. People always doubt the power of persuasion. People won't listen to critics but if their trusted friends says it's shit then they don't wanna waste their money to go see it then.
>>
>>67936870

I don't understand why DC have so much faith in Snyder.
>>
File: n5zv00YDZJ1s2wio8o1_500.gif (777 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
n5zv00YDZJ1s2wio8o1_500.gif
777 KB, 500x600
>>67932631
>Oh good, the DCCU is dying.
>>67932665
>DC is kill.
>>67933064
>Can they just cancel the DCEU?

Jesus, you motherfuckers can't read. Article says due to a string of bombs - Pan, Heart of the Sea, Jupiter Ascending, etc. - and BvS underperforming, WB is going to put out less Oscar bait and focus more on blockbusters like Disney. Studios have been transitioning to a blockbuster centric model for years, so this isn't a surprise.

If BvS did better, they could have used it to fund the smaller films. But since it's not, there's going to be LESS Oscar bait and filmmaker project pieces like Creed. There's going to MORE Potter, Lego and DC to try and rake in more cash, because they're the only things that make money in theatres.
>>
>>67936614

this guy
>>
>>67936795

You didn't answer the question you sheep faggot.
>>
>>67936929
So they're gonna invest possibly more bombs? That is fucking stupid
>>
>>67936940
Post the numbers for 300.
>>
>>67936760
Holy shit, I thought it at least made double its budget.
Guess normies really didn't understand it.
>>
>>67936929
A smarter choice would to make smaller films so that way you get bigger profits. Not make blockbuster 190m type films in hope that you get a return.
>>
>>67936885
Seriously this is the reason it had such a big drop. Almost all of my friends didn't like the movie and are telling everyone just to wait for the home release.
>>
>>67936634
>what was the last big movie that the general meme public hated but you actually liked

Lone Ranger
>>
>>67936956
I don't even watch movies.
>>
File: Danish Girl.png (77 KB, 247x403) Image search: [Google]
Danish Girl.png
77 KB, 247x403
>>67936959
>>67936992
Artpiece films don't make money in the theaters. It's been like that for awhile. The only thing that makes money in the theaters are blockbusters.
>>
>>67936989

in one of the press junkets for bvs snyder said that if it was released in 2014-now it'd have been a commercial success
>>
>>67936885
This

People trust their friends. No wants to waste money in fear it is gonna be shit. Why do you think Deadpool did so well? Cause of word of mouth
>>
>>67936985
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=300.htm

300 did well.
>>
>>67936634

pacific rim

giant robots vs giant monsters is kino
>>
>>67936985

>post his biggest hit!!

>not all the other shit movies that have fucking failed!

>haha... see guys he has a hit.. you cant blame him....
>>
>>67937037
I'm not saying they need to make Oscar bait but just smaller budget films like what Deadpool did. 56m with a 700m return. Obviously it's capeshit but it shows you can lower your budget and still craft a good product while making a good profit
>>
>>67935298
It's so wonderful that movie theaters are non-profit organizations that film things for free, making their entire profit off the concession stands.
>>
File: box office flop.png (103 KB, 736x268) Image search: [Google]
box office flop.png
103 KB, 736x268
>>67937053

yea because capeshit wasn't popular in 2009

especially dark capeshit
>>
>>67936861

There's no meme of hate there. Small obscure movies don't count because there's no meme tide to go against.

Literally nobody has heard of that shit.
>>
>>67936634
I liked Crimson Peak. Actually I liked very much.
>>
>>67937077
300 and Man of Steel are the only films he has made that returned a profit. If MoS had tanked there's no way he was have been allowed to make BvS.
>>
File: Blair Witch Project.png (90 KB, 246x426) Image search: [Google]
Blair Witch Project.png
90 KB, 246x426
>>67937096
>56m with a 700m return
Deadpool is an anomaly. Lightning in a bottle. Like Blair Witch Project, which cost $60k but made $250mil. WB will drop the budgets on the DC films to something manageable like $180mil - $150mil. But they're still going to be coming out with a lot of them.
>>
>>67936780
It's not batman versus superman though.
It's batman versus superman kino.

If it was batman versus superman flick it would have made 1.5 billion at least. Marvel movies and Jurassic World prove this.

The plebs hate what they do not understand.
>>
>>67937144
I'm fairly sure Dawn of the Dead also made a profit.

Which makes:
BvS: Probable loss
MoS: Profit.
Sucker Punch: Loss.
Legends of the Guardians: Loss.
Watchmen: Loss.
300: Profit.
Dawn of the Dead: Profit.

Dude's 50/50 at best.
>>
>>67932277
is it wrong i really wanted this scene to play out? i was so fucking pump to see superman in court defending himself and shit.
>>
>>67937144

MoS didn't tank, but it was a lukewarm BO return. They expected over a billion but it made like 600m, but like with BvS poor word of mouth and reviews chopped its legs off.
>>
>>67937037
Any movie with 200 million dollar budget does not fucking count as some arthouse drama. Any movie with that much money put into it is expecting an even bigger return.
BvS is a blockbuster. A failed one, but it is not some indie drama shit because it didn't do well.
Is Jupiter Ascending arthouse too? That didn't do well either.

Oscar bait dramas are made for like 5 mil. That's why they can afford to no make it all back. A 200 million dollar movie is not even comparable.
>>
File: LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD.jpg (70 KB, 928x523) Image search: [Google]
LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD.jpg
70 KB, 928x523
>>
>>67937254
>Any movie with 200 million dollar budget does not fucking count as some arthouse drama. Any movie with that much money put into it is expecting an even bigger return.
>BvS is a blockbuster. A failed one, but it is not some indie drama shit because it didn't do well.
>Is Jupiter Ascending arthouse too? That didn't do well either.
You have zero reading comprehension.
>>
http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/6/11376866/zack-snyder-henry-cavill-superman

Snyder, who's on board to direct the upcoming Justice League film, told IGN in a recent interview that he still had plans to helm another standalone Superman movie. The first one, which starred Henry Cavill, was released in 2014 and was met with lukewarm reception from critics.

Still, Snyder said that as long as he gets a "good script" then there was a great value to doing another Superman movie, with Cavill back in the suit to reprise his role.

"I think that would be fun to do," Snyder told IGN. "Part of the reason we haven't announced the standalone Superman movie was to support some of the events of Batman v Superman."

Cavill, on the other hand, told the website that while he was definitely interested in the project, he believed it would only happen if Batman v Superman was a success.

"If this goes well, then we can start to negotiate with Warner Bros. to develop a standalone Superman, but they've got their plan set out for other stuff and Justice Leagues and various other movies," Cavill said.
>>
>>67937014

Literally the only reply so far that had a big negative meme to it.

I haven't seen TLR but I'm sure it was quiptastic.
>>
>>67937280
Can't Superman go back in time and prevent this from happening?
>>
>>67937239
Dawn of the Dead was also his best movie. Snyder needs strong scripts (James Gunn) or stories (Frank Miller or Alan Moore) in order to make decent or even good movies. The man on his own is just one step away of wearing cinematic diapers. Case in point: Sucker Punch.
>>
>>67937318

If Man of Steel had made a lot, then you can guarantee there would be a MoS2 already.

It wasn't a flop, but a definite disappointment that didn't make much money.
>>
>>67937182
True but they should consider it. Dropping their budget from 250m to 150-180m is fine, but it's just that you're making a bunch of bombs so the last thing you wanna do is keep dropping more money in hopes you male a big profit, then again I don't understand film business that well so I could be wrong
>>
>>67937339

TLR was just fucking boring and about an hour too long, like BvS. Some of the action scenes with the lone ranger theme playing were nice.
>>
>>67936607
ok, let's go with your theory, do you think WB will risk another 400M in another DC movie?
fuck off fanboi
>>
>>67937386
This. WB would have immediately paid for MoS2 but since it only did half of what they expected they went all-out and included Batman in this sequel of sorts.
>>
>>67937442
In another one? No but this was Batman vs Superman so it makes sense if they wanted to go big
>>
>>67937442
They already invested $250M (Marketing NOT included, so add around $100M to that) in Green Lantern a few years ago. The idiots at WB know they have good properties they just fuck them up.
>>
>>67937122

People don't consider the Batman movies capeshit.
>>
>Batman and Superman are best friends, actually they're fucking Super Friends, literally.
>announce a film called "Batman vs Superman"
>that's fucking dumb
>announce it'll also have Aquaman and Wonder Woman
>that's fucking dumb
>and Ben Affleck will play Batman
>that's really fucking dumb
>fans are in an agreement that pretty much all decisions made so far are terrible
>trailer launches
>"That's Bruce Wayne." *record scratch*
>"BOYS! MMMM."
>"Son of Krypton versus Bat of Gotham!"
>"Is she with you?"
>Grandma's Peach Tea
>"Your mother's name is Martha too? Did we just become best friends?"
>by the way, this is supposed to be a dark and serious film where Batman shoots people in the head

It's like they went out of their way to make every bad decision they possibly could have made.
>>
>>67937538
>/tv/ says Batman isn't capeshit
>he literally has a cape
>/tv/ says Cap is capeshit
>nobody in it has a cape
>>
>>67937538

Iron Man came out the same year and was the number 2 movie to Batman.

Snyder is a fukin retard
>>
File: 1438953.gif (47 KB, 580x606) Image search: [Google]
1438953.gif
47 KB, 580x606
>>67936614
Watchmen was a flop too

Budget: 130M
Worldwide gross: 185M

Do I need to remind you that studios only get back about 40 to 50% of the box office?
>>
>>67936780

Lack of quips.
>>
>>67937629
>Do I need to remind you that studios only get back about 40 to 50% of the box office?
And I don't think they include the hundreds of millions spent marketing the film as part of the budget, either.
>>
>>67932665
BASED BEAR NECESSITIES
>>
>>67937600

First you've to understand that the critics love Christopher Nolan. He could do an incoherent movie and critics would still call it a masterpiece.

The Batman movies only had Batman as an outlandish figure. The rest was pure cop shit. There were no super-powers and things like that.
>>
>>67936487
shitty actor, zero charisma
>>
>>67937122

watchmen needed a world where deadpool made 750m
>>
>>67937188
>snyder is too elevated for the normal mind
i am tired of this meme, thef anbois tried to pull the same shit with Fuckerpunch
>>
So why did DC/WB fail to emulate Marvel's success despite having access to better superheroes?
>>
>>67932277
>In b4 Warner Brothers tells Nolan to direct Justice League movies or Dunkerque will get prunned

OH SNAP
>>
>>67937182

tbqf they need to drop the budgets to the $125m range if they can, they need these movies to be as profitable as they can be like ant man and guardians profit wise
>>
>>67937696
Because they tried to hard to be "edgy"
>>
>>67937629
>Do I need to remind you that studios only get back about 40 to 50% of the box office?

Maybe internationally, they get almost all of it domestically, which is why TFA grossing almost a billion in the United States alone was such a big deal
>>
>>67937680

Deadpool was actually good though and made its money off the back of an excellent marketing campaign and word of mouth. Snyder is full of shit.
>>
>>67932277
>Some competitors say
>>
THANKS TO YOU MAN CHILDREN WHO STILL WATCH CAPESHIT LIKE ITS A SERMON ON LIFE AND STUDY THE WORK OF COMICBOOK DAILY AND FIGHT WITH OTHER LARGE INFANTS SO FREAKIN EMBARRASSING
>>
I bet lego batman will do as well or better, proportionate to cost of production/takings.
>>
>>67937629
do we need to remind you that you are completely ignoring profits from merchandising, streaming etc because it doesn't fit this boring narrative?
>>
>>67937696

They wanted to keep the tone Nolan set in his Batman movies but hired a director with limited talent to helm the movies.

What DC should do is put a truckload of money at the doorstep of George Miller and get him to do a Man of Steel 2 or Batman movie.
>>
>>67932277
JESUS CHRIST!
JUST GIVE DC BACK TO MARVEL ALREADY!
>>
>>67937629

studios get 3/4ths of the receipt for the first week in the US, the rule of thumb is that it drops by 1/4th for each week after release
>>
>>67932987
Snyder is the right director. He's nailed the aesthetic and action scenes, as well as the interaction between characters.

BvS and MoS just had shitty writers, and in the case of BvS, it screams "corporate meddling".
>>
File: 250px-Queenie_Chicken.png (124 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
250px-Queenie_Chicken.png
124 KB, 250x188
>>67934520
Man of Steel was depressing, Cavill is terrible as Superman, Snyder's Superman inspires terror

Superman should be a comedy with some action and romance, Donner got it right, Singer tried to put too much drama and a horrible cast and Snyder fuck it up in every way
>>
>>67937745
of course it will because a) Lego b) toddlers can watch it to see the funny man and the colours and c) because it's a comedy parody of Batman and nothing like actual Batman.

Lego Exorcist would make more money if it was literally just that name and some crappy jokes.
>>
>>67937791
>mfw I heard some nigger say this and meant it 100% because he thinks that Marvel sold off DC to Warner
>>
>>67937786

george miller was tipped to be on man of murder 2 but he is hitting his 80s soon and just got off spending 4 years on his mad max kino and wants to make another one, at most he'd just be a producer if they don't force him to direct a solo in exchange for antoher mad max
>>
>>67937863
>mfw we almost got a Justice LEague movie directed by GM 6 years ago
>>
>>67937745

the lego movie made nearly $500m and the best thing about it was lego batman, it really will end up making more of a gross profit at the box office than bvs
>>
>>67932277
This movie was too smart for DCucks Redditors. I wonder how much Marvel paid the critics off for the bad reviews?
>>
>>67937848
>Superman should be a comedy with some action and romance
fuck off trollboy you lame faggot
>>
>>67937733
source? yea you have none, domestically studios get 60% at most
>>
>>67937696

Because marvels heroes are more child friendly which is ideal for a genre of people running around in flashy costumes. People on a whole probably don't care if a hero has feelings about x or is depressed because of y
>>
>>67933583
I dunno man, you looked at how he handled pretty much every scene in TDKR? He has no idea of pacing, or foreshadowing, favouring exposition.
>>
>>67937665
>do you a ctually think that Snyder is a better director than Nolan?
snyder as Del Toro are gifted directors when you need to create images or design a scene, but they are awful when they need to tell a story.
Snyder should be hired just for the action scenes, and leave the storytelling to someone more competent.
>>
>>67937885
>the best thing about it was lego batman
really? that is what people thought? I didn't really like having a franchise character like him being so forced.
>>
>>67937847

no snyder is a terrible choice. he can make some nice looking shots which look good in trailers and in 1 or 2 minute YT videos, but none of it works as a whole. this is a consistent theme with him. it kind of worked with 300 because of the voice over narration but thats it.

the director and producers have far more power than the writers, the writers hand the script in which is written to spec and thats the end of that.
>>
File: 1455644279790.jpg (201 KB, 880x786) Image search: [Google]
1455644279790.jpg
201 KB, 880x786
>>67937881

>writers strike jewry deprived us of true capekino

feels bad man
>>
>>67937244
Watch Daredevil court scenes instead
>>
It's not making money because the movie was complete shit and even the dumb plebs can tell. It's that simple.
>>
>>67937785
Watchmen merchandising like happy meals and toys about fucking Watchmen? come on people

streaming and movie rights are not enough to save bombs like Watchmen because it didnt even make it even in theaters
>>
Anyone have any JUST edits of Afleck and Cavill?
>>
>>67937945
What scenes are you referring to? And which director would you prefer over him?
>>
>>67937959
The movie was actually pretty good, you can fuck off marvel shill.
>>
>>67937714
suicide squad will give more profit in relation with the investment, so expect smaller movies with more heart from now on.
i am pretty sure that Affleck will do a competent batman as a director next.
fuck snyder
>>
>>67937848
This. Donner got it absolutely right. Singer was closed but made some big mistakes in casting (Bosworth and Spacey) and forgot to include action. We will never get a improved sequel by Singer that would have been the definite Superman movie.
>>
File: 1458704512615.png (255 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
1458704512615.png
255 KB, 770x711
>>67937995
>>
>>67937377
>James Gunn

Marvel shill pls go.
>>
>>67933744
>>67933700
Oh are you fucking serious? No fucking Wonder he got put in charge of MoS, BvS, and JL.

Fucking women ruin everything.
>>
>>67937987

>cavill just signed on as a brand ambassador for some chink company with scarjo
>ben al-gothami is on one of his turkish border holidays
>>
>>67937733
>they get almost all of it domestically

are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>67937254
This. In the Heart of the Sea was expensive with both a big name actor and director attached and came up short.
>>
>>67937881
>>67937947

You guys do know that in the George Miller movie Maxwell Lord was going to be played by this dude and be the big villain of the movie, right? He was going to destroy the JL because the gov experimented on him and his baby friends, and he would talk to the pictures of the dead babies like a madmen.
>>
File: 1458270774428.jpg (86 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
1458270774428.jpg
86 KB, 679x864
>>67938024
>>
>>67937339
Not really, it was just terrible and I'm a big fan of Gore Verbinski's three PotC movies.
>>
>>67937696
It's simple, really. Marvel's superheroes actually resemble their comic counterparts.
>>
>>67938118

>Marvel's superheroes actually resemble their comic counterparts.

No, they don't.
>>
>>67938011
also Suicide Squad has competent director who knows how to make his characters interact, Snyder is a fucking hack who should be directing music videos
>>
>>67938011

The rumoured budget for suicide squads production alone is $225m but I don't know if they'll be as gungho with the advertising as they were with BvS, that shit was literally everywhere for 2 weeks before the movie came out
>>
File: dc_0.png (97 KB, 735x608) Image search: [Google]
dc_0.png
97 KB, 735x608
>>67938081
>
>>
>>67937665
That simply doesn't hold up though. Critical reception to Interstellar was lukewarm.
>>
this is why disney needs to die
no one can compete fairly when they keep throwing their endless resources into murdering reviews for great movies like bvs
>>
>>67938057
t. DCuck damage control
>>
>>67938020
just out of curiosity anon who do you think could direct a Superman movie in the Donner/boy scout formula in 2016?

Singer already had his chance so it would have to be someone else
>>
>>67937848
The best two Superman films ever made were the first two Raimi Spidermans
>>
>>67938239
Do you really and truly believe that's the case, anon?
>>
>>67937947
>that superman qt

damn I love short hair.
>>
BVS won't even be able to hold on to first place for more than two weeks. The Boss is going to beat it next week because normies love fat comediennes.
And then Jungle Book will come out and it'll lose even more theaters!
>>
>>67938318
Not him but I'd like to see what Spike Jonze could do with Superman.
>>
File: REAL wonder man.jpg (42 KB, 450x596) Image search: [Google]
REAL wonder man.jpg
42 KB, 450x596
>>67937947
>>wonder man covered up

Fuck that SJW shit

THIS is the true Wonder Man
>>
File: Spyglassintothefuture.jpg (100 KB, 889x557) Image search: [Google]
Spyglassintothefuture.jpg
100 KB, 889x557
Daily reminder
>>
>Top films showing at Vue Cinemas

>Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
>"Upcoming 29th April!"
>Captain America: Civil War

wake
me
up

when does the capeshit end
>>
>>67934522

Ouch.
>>
>>67938134
not the other anon, but please explain.
>>
>>67938150
>O
>U
>T
>M E M E D
>>
>>67938450
not until 2020 at least
>>
>>67938450

Just don't watch it?
>>
>>67938448
The vast majority of the DC vs Marvel stuff is coming from /v/ console war shitflingers that don't actually care about either.
>>
I kinda wish the Flash and Arrow were tied in to the universe. I could do without seeing the rest of the Justice Leagues origins thrown in to what wool be a crowded film as is
>>
>>67938134
you're right, they're better than the comic shit
>>
>>67932277
Would you?
>>
>>67937786

Why do I keep seeing George Miller? What makes him uniquely qualified to make a Superman film?

The way everyone is acting about what Zack has done it sounds like Warner would be better getting an absolute nobody who will give them a 'safe' Superman movie anyway.
>>
I predict WB's on route to making all the wrong decisions. Even the movies that could have been alright, now they're gonna meddle in them until they're shit.

This is the problem with these gorillion dollar two dozen movie deals. Turns out the foundation was quicksand, and now they're trying to damage control like crazy.
>>
>>67938318
what's Sam Rami doing these days?
>>
>>67938318
Del toro with a really good script, and in a controlled enviroment.
he usually drags the movies but he would give a real capekino experience.
both hellboy's movies delivered in the fantasy department, the script was shit tho.
>>
>>67938578
Is that Jennifer Connelly?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.