[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>but but but Batman doesnt kill! This is a Batman thats been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1
File: batfleck.jpg (447 KB, 2814x1872) Image search: [Google]
batfleck.jpg
447 KB, 2814x1872
>but but but Batman doesnt kill!
This is a Batman thats been figthing a losing battle for over 20 years only to see the world crumble around him.
He even says in the movie how "he [superman] brought war has come to us" and "criminals are like weeds, pick one and another will take its place"
Robin has died in the pursuit of Justice and all Batman is left with is the scars.
This is a Batman who goes to War, not to stop some burglars and gangbangers with a charismatic leader.
A Batman who breathes the fear out one last time and leaves the shadow to save the world.
>>
Well, I hope they clarify that in the sequel, then.
>>
>>67931957
>Batman's moral code is broken by the villains
Hahaha! What a loser!
>>
>>67931957

This is also a Batman that will have to kill Joker after we see them meet for the first time, or some plot device will always have to keep him from killing him.

Batman is only locked into this endless circle with Joker because Joker without training or being a master of anything manages to escape Batman with his life.

Joker is only in jail because the police did a better job than Batman himself and got to him first.

This universe is retarded and I will be older than 40 if I ever get to see a depiction of Batman that's comic book accurate.

Fuck you all mongoloid DC cucks for thanking Snyder for the shit he gives you.
>>
All you need to post when someone says it is a shit movie near you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy4XxPE1HTo
>>
>>67931957
Sure, I loved that Batman too. Nice seeing something different. But you have to agree with public opinion, that's not what Batman does in the comics.
>>
>>67932102
>1 hour defense of the movie
Well I err umm. Fine. I'm watching it because I'm a masochist pig.
>>
>>67932126
It's worth it. The Twin Perfect team is very funny.
>>
>>67932102
A shit movie near me?
>>
>>67932082
Implying the Joker isnt already dead.
>>
>>67932141
Two minutes in and I already dislike them.
>>
>>67932102
>Skip to half way
>Business Men won't go after Supes, it's bad for business, ergo eisenberg makes sense
Apologists in full denial
>>
>>67932227
They were talking about the gubmint.
>>
>>67932082
if they decide to do the Jason todd twist (which I think would be stupid, to be honest) that might be the reason why he wouldnt kill this joker
>>
>>67932256
Who were manipulated by """""""luthor""""""
>>
>>67931957
29%
>>
>>67932102
>>67932141
Ten minutes in, I've had enough. This is awful. You rused me for the last time, you scallywag!
>>
>>67932102
the problem with this and Man of Steel is people get Snyder and co's mindset with their creative decisions. but Snyder doesnt develop any of his ideas, he's very superficial and pretentious with all of hisvisuals. but anyone who likes these movies feel like, because they filled in the gaps for Snyder's missteps by coming up with shit that is either not clarified in the movie or poorly executed or conveyed, these movies are somehow unreasonably picked on or underrated gems. To me, its baffling to find anyone defend these films 100%, but i can get why people liked them. I especially enjoyed Batman in BvS, dont even care that he kills.
>>
>>67932364
I bet you it will get a "cult" following tho
>>
>>67931957
>trying this hard to rationalize a shit Ayn Rand screenplay
>>
>>67932451
>b-b-but it's deep and has, like, symbolism. that means its good.
>>
>>67932467
The Justice League movie will fill all the gaps. Just like Attack of the Clones filled all the gaps of Phantom M...
Never mind.
>>
>>67931957
That's why the revelation feels so rushed to make a battle scene. There was not a visual motif or contextual that could explain the scene in which he changes his mind.
>>
>>67932533
>The Justice League movie will 5 hours long
>>
>>67932674
its not in the movie but i think the moment was when he said "Alfred, i think its time to arm the Batmobile"
>>
>>67932707
Oh, no, I don't mean about killing. The film expresses in more or less one hour and a half how deeply traumatised and closed he is in his moralist and paranoid views.

I mean the "Martha" scene. Didn't work, in my opinion, and felt like a terrible way to make an ending that exploits every cliché in the book (that the rest of the film has been carefully missing).
>>
>>67932677
Snyder original cut will span two centuries.
>>
>>67932784
fair point
maybe there's more in the extended cut
>>
>>67931957
>This is a Batman thats been figthing a losing battle for over 20 years only to see the world crumble around him.

But Batman doesn't kill.

>He even says in the movie how "he [superman] brought war has come to us" and "criminals are like weeds, pick one and another will take its place"

But Batman doesn't kill.

>Robin has died in the pursuit of Justice and all Batman is left with is the scars.

That's nice. Batman doesn't kill.

>This is a Batman who goes to War, not to stop some burglars and gangbangers with a charismatic leader.

Yeah, okay, but Batman doesn't kill.

>A Batman who breathes the fear out one last time and leaves the shadow to save the world.

Look, Batman doesn't kill. He doesn't kill for a very simple reason.

If Batman were willing to kill, why the Hell would the Joker still be alive? Mr. Zsasz? Scarecrow? Killer Croc? Harvey Dent?

No, seriously, it's that. It's not a thing that can ever be adequately explained in-universe without just accepting that Batman is a crazy person who is psychologically unable to kill. Personally that's what I've always believed.

However, the real reason is that a Batman who is willing to kill, particularly one willing to kill random thugs, would NEVER let guys like the Joker keep on living. So it begs the question - how can a man who can bench a small car, is a master detective and engineer, knows literally every single martial art to mastery, etc., etc., keep letting the Joker draw breath?

That's why Batman doesn't kill.
>>
>>67933330
he was never pushed this far before
>>
>>67933370
Bull fucking shit. It's not like Batman doesn't have enemies that can kill cities at a time. Poison Ivy. Mr. Freeze. Ra's al-Ghul. Scarecrow.
>>
>>67933413
that was when he was young tho
>>
>>67933330

He needs villains to keep being the Batman and good villains that continue to test him are in short order. Shit tier thugs that are a dime a dozen are like cockroaches, you can step on them all you want and they just keep coming. You know he has an emotional, psychological attachment to his rogue gallery. The run of the mill thugs though? Yeah, nah.
>>
>>67933330
He could never kill the Joker because that would cost him the reference point that keeps him sane and on the right side
"Kill you? My dear Batman, what would I ever do Without you!"
>>
>>67933429
Yeah, that still doesn't explain how the Joker is alive in a world where Batman's willing to kill.

>>67933468
Uh-huh...

Yeah, it's folks like you that made BvS have one of the most meteoric Friday-to-Friday drops in history. You just don't GET superheroes. Now look what's happened.

For the record, I'm no Marveldrone. Superman is my favorite superhero, always has been, always will be. Batman is in the top five, too.

And that's why I hate BvS. It basically spends the entire time just fundamentally not getting Batman, and not only not getting Superman, but actively PUNISHING him for being Superman.

For fuck's sake, Batman needs the Joker? Seriously? Batman started when crime in Gotham consisted of crime families and nothing else. If Batman needed his supervillains he wouldn't waste his time running down every mugger he could every night.

Batman's *need* is to make sure that Gotham doesn't orphan anyone the way he was orphaned. The supervillains are a response to him, not the other way around.

This is Batman 101 right here, for fuck's sake.

Warnertards. Christ.
>>
The thing is, as long as he doesn't kill, Batman is just a slightly nutty guy in a costume doing "freelance consulting" ad-honorem for the Gotham Police, with the occational citizen's arrest here and there. If Batman starts killing his enemies, he inmediately becomes a billionaire psychopath who thinks himself above due process because "MUH PARENTS ARE DEEEAD". A Batman who kills is just a mega-wealthy Punisher, and that cannot be portrayed in a positive light unless you're so /pol/ that you consider a rich guy driving around in a tank leveling city blocks, blowing up crooks and putting himself above the law thanks to his unlimited resources is something to be cheered on.
>>
>>67933154
I don't think they could change the entire film's ending structure in the extended cut: The "big bad-group-one dies- reminiscence- he's not really dead" is rather old and not fitting the rest of the film's intrigue about media's misinformation, which is what made it interesting. You really can't solve years of trauma and self absorbed behaviour with an iconic name.
>>
>>67934739
no but you can improve it
the question is, could these people do it
>>
>>67935182
You can improve it, but certainly not in the way it was handled in the film, as a shock reaction to the correlation between mothers all of goddamn sudden. Bruce Wayne was really deep in shit, as shown as the film, if a director could have made an escapable situation out of it, maybe he could have not made picturesque nightmare sequences in an Irak War ambience, I don't fucking know.
>>
>>67935477
Yeah, you're right
I just have a hard time seeing stuff like this unsalvageable
>>
>>67935704
It is not unsalvageable, but it would require another shock. I mean, it could've been easily done with a scene of Superman punching Batman to death while he tells him that his mother is going to die if he doesn't cooperate. It could've been a powerful scene, too, but it would have missed the film's self-obsessed body of symbols.
>>
>>67935775
funny how often that happens in movies
its like they are so close to the project they lose sight of stuff like that
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.