[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any way to watch the original 1977 version of a new hope?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 105-1-560x557[1].jpg (93 KB, 560x557) Image search: [Google]
105-1-560x557[1].jpg
93 KB, 560x557
Is there any way to watch the original 1977 version of a new hope?
>>
>>67931012
Silver Screen Edition
http://moviemezzanine.com/the-fans-who-saved-star-wars/
>>
>>67931012
Torrent
>>
best version is 1997 special edition VHS
>>
>>67931012
Waiting for Disney to bring out the blu ray already
>>
>>67931038
I must have this. Bless these men
>>
You can borrow my VHS.
>>
>>67931163
The 1995 vhs trilogy pre dates special edition changes and is the last time theatrical star wars was available, unless you consider the GOUT DVDs but those are hard to find
>>
lrn2google
>>
>>67931038
Where to download?
>>
>>67931301
Special edition changes are fine.
Space battles are improved greatly.

Yeah, muh Han shot.
It's fine.
>>
>>67931180
>Waiting for Disney to bring out the blu ray already
Diesney doesn't have the rights to distribute A New Hope
>>
Go on Kick Ass Torrents and find it.
>>
Despecialized Edition
>>
>>67931952
>Despecialized Edition
No.
Avoid this.
>>
>>67931780
>Special edition changes are fine.
But I don't want to watch any changes... I want to watch the movie.
>>
>>67932039
Why? What have they done now?
>>
>>67932039

Ignore this utter retard
>>
>>67931180
Fox will always own the rights to A New Hope, everything else is Disney.

That was the deal.
>>
>>67932039
Shut the fuck up

You have two great choices OP

Silver Screem - an uncomposited scan of 35mm reels that are significantly degraded. It'll be grainy, blurry, and the colors will be very wrong. But it'll be "pure" from digital tampering.

Or despecialized edition, which is a composite of all the highest quality sources possible (Mostly bluray, based on 75mm scans at lucasfilm). It's very clear and color graded to match the technicolor reels the best to the author's ability. Problems are it has the crushed blacks of the bluray and some of the compositing is from older sources that look worse than new 35mm scans. But every time a new source like silver screen comes out, the author incorporates it into despecialized. 3.0 will be almost perfect.
>>
>>67931012
with your eyes
>>
File: wat.png (10 KB, 487x442) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
10 KB, 487x442
>>67931038
>>67933227
I downloaded a torrent but the .mkv file size is well...
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.