[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one is objectively better? Which one do you prefer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: hqdefault.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
Which one is objectively better?

Which one do you prefer?
>>
>>67929400
Can you please discuss this back on reddit? Thanks
>>
American Dad

Even the Family Guy would say American Dad is better
>>
>objectively better
i dont care

>which one
i find family guy to be more comfy
>>
American Dad. It's not even close
>>
>>67930106
American dad is less ''hurr random violence'' and stupid bullshit. and the stupid violence/ extreme things they pull are usually due to CIA, which makes it funnier. family guy just does it for the sake of doing it.
>>
>>67929422
after you, retard
>>
Neither. Seth Macfarlane is washed up hack, and a raging alcoholic. He sucks, and all his shows suck. I've got better things to do with my time than watch his loser cartoons.
>>
>>67929400
obviously family guy unless your 12
>>
American Dad has turned shit. And what's worse the animation style has always remained the same so you can't immediately know it's a shit episode and turn it off when channel surfing
>>
>>67930733
Literally the other way around.
>>
>>67930753
you have to be 18+ to use this website
>>
>>67929400
American Dad is clearly better.
>>
>>67930762
Family Guy is le so randumb humour for 12 year olds.
>>
they both suck.
>>
>>67929400
american dad is the most boring cartoon ever. period.
>>
File: Principal_Lewis.jpg (44 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Principal_Lewis.jpg
44 KB, 720x540
American Dad
>>
>>67930746
This season is much better than the last one. Last weeks episode was one of the best.
>>
>>67930866
He's got red eyes from smoking weed.
>>
>>67929400
American Dad has been solid since it came out. I can't watch these new Family Guy episodes without cringing several times throughout.

No contest. American Dad a best
>>
>>67930090
>preferring Family Guy

Is this bait?
>>
>>67929400
American Dad by far. Haylee is the weakest of them, but the rest are great ... Roger is GOAT though.
>>
Family Guy went to shit a long time ago and needs to die already like the Simpsons. American dad has aged like wine and is still going strong.
>>
>>67929400
>>67929400
>objectively better
Season 1-4 of family guy is the definitive post-Groening adult cartoon, 10/10. American dad's first season was a nice hook but it wasn't until season 3-6 that it peaks. Meanwhile 4-8 of family guy is considered the modern classics, 8-12 seems to be inconsistant but good, and everything after seems to be floundering. Since AD has been on TBS and with the departure of their head writer, it's quality has also dipped significantly.

I have to say Early Family Guy > Prime American Dad in terms of just consistent, solid quality. With that said, I do enjoy re watching AD more since I've seen the former a thousand times already.

All and all I'd say FG had a higher peak, but AD is now my favorite.
>>
File: 1455577745977.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1455577745977.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>67929400
Roger > Every character from family guy
>>
>>67932926
roger is shit writing incarnate
I still like him though
>>
can't stand those long stupid drawn out fight scenes in family guy.
>>
American dad was better at the start. Now they are both shit
>>
American Dad is better and it's not even close. Seth McFarlane has very little creative control in American Dad and it shows because of how different it is from Family Guy. Every character in the house has a role and while Family Guy relies more on cut aways and conventional punchline gags, American Dad relies on the interaction of the Family members and somewhat relatable plots. I mean jesus how often does Chris or Meg even talk to their own mother in that show outside of a sentence or two? Any episode that features a Meg or Chris storyline is trash while Steve episodes are good. In Family Guy Chris and Meg have literally no friends and it's because they are so minor to the show there's no need. Steve has a group and Hayley has Jeff.
>>
>>67929400
Old Family Guy > American Dad > Current Family Guy

I still prefer American Dad over Family Guy but the first few seasons of Family Guy were goat
>>
>>67929400

american dad you dingus.

doesnt have shit mcfarlene writing and it has glorious franny fanny.

>post your best francine
>>
>>67933115
>its a "Seth McFarlane couldn't think of 5 minutes of shit to fill the rest of the episode so he puts on Conway Twitty"-episode
Seriously who thinks that is funny?
>>
>>67932972
>Implying
Please explain why you think it's shit and I'll tell you why you're wrong
>>67933145
Obvious opinion from someone whose never actually watched American Dad, the first season was objectively the worst and it's only been uphill
>>
>>67933280
too random, not a believable character
>>
clearly american dad

roger raping inanimate objects is one of my favorite running gags
>>
American Dad > Family Guy before cancellation > Family Guy Revival > Cleveland Show
>>
>>67933523
>not a believable character
literally an alien
>>
am i imagining it or was family guy actually ok for the first two seasons? i seem to remember finding stewie being an evil genius kinda funny, especially compared to the gay shit now
>>
Brian and Stewie episodes of Family Guy > American Dad > Rest of Family Guy
>>
Bob's Burgers
>>
>>67933602
Family guy was funny as fuck for the first few seasons when I first watched it. Then once your used to the the humour gets stale.
>>
>>67933187
Season 1 Family Guy was absolute garbage
>>
>>67933602
Evil Genius Baby jokes were cliche and cringy
>>
>>67929400
American Dad has the better wife.
>>
>>67930733
*you're

Fucking dipshit 12-year-old
>>
>>67930815
This.
>>
>American dad
Better thoughtful jokes
Superior songs
Likeable characters
Overarching plots with decent story.

>family Guy past season 4
Remember that time when x filler
Tired plotlines
Once Likeable characters have been turned into literal shit

The answer is clear
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.