[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts my bois?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: shuttercock.jpg (301 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
shuttercock.jpg
301 KB, 960x1440
thoughts my bois?
>>
>>67927368
Great movie though the twist becomes quite apparent towards the end. Doesn't bear up to a second watching.
>>
>>67927386

Its not a twist. You got fooled.
>>
File: readImage.jpg (19 KB, 409x393) Image search: [Google]
readImage.jpg
19 KB, 409x393
>>67927386

>thinking that it was a twist
>>
>>67927426
>>67927638

>Implying either of you knew he was an inmate from minute 1

Yeah. Sure. And I'm the Dalai Lama
>>
File: 1448510821530.jpg (22 KB, 360x390) Image search: [Google]
1448510821530.jpg
22 KB, 360x390
Hands down my mom's favorite movie. What does that say about her?
>>
>>67927672

You just doubled your stupidity.

He wasnt an inmate at all. He got tricked.
>>
>>67927733
Not sure if you're retarded or an troll. Not taking the bait either way.
>>
>>67927733
>>67927426
I only saw this movie once in the theater but I remember thinking the ambiguous ending was retarded because the killer's name was an anagram for Leo's character's. Which means he must have been crazy because the other explanation is that was just a huge fucking coincidence.

Pretty shit movie. Also Silent Hill 2 did it better.
>>
>>67927368
I really enjoyed it honestly, I know it's two completely different movies but I prefer this over inception by miles. Might watch it again tonight now that I think about it.
>>
>>67927368
I had to explain the ending to my friends several times. Everytime somebody brings up this movie they enter a new discussion on whether he was actually an inmate or a detective smdh.
I need smarter friends.
>>
>>67927867
It's not ambiguous at all you dumb fuck.
>>
>>67927368
1st half = good
2nd half = trash
>>
>>67927883
>>67927867
The endings not ambiguous at all. He realised what he did so he chose to forget rather than live with what he'd done. He was never a detective it was just a flight of fancy.
>>
>>67927368
One of my favorites. Great movie. Worth watching twice.
>>
>>67927923
>>67927934
You're right, it's not ambiguous, it's only attempted ambiguity.
>>
My favorite Scorsese flick.
>>
>>67927733
Then why did he envision blood spurting out of the guy he "shot" with the toy gun?
>>
if he's their most dangerous inmate why would they let him on the boat

really fucking weird movie

also a war veteran would have known what a fake gun feels like
>>
Great for spotting plebs
>>
Really enjoyed it. Been trying to find another film similar to it but havent had much luck
>>
>>67928344
His partner was with him the whole time. I'm sure if anything went wrong the ship captain could radio or otherwise signal to someone that something was wrong.

I was very suspicious at first because of the high security and general uneasiness of the guards on their arrival.
>>
Plebs will say that he got tricked.
>>
>>67928344
Not to mention how important this research was yet they allowed him to climb that wet, vertical cliff.

I mean, this was the doctor's last chance to prove his theory or whatever. Why couldn't they have come up with a way to do it that was less dangerous than almost certain death?

What a disastrous script.
>>
>>67928490
Hang on.

IIRC Leo came back from trying to get to the Lighthouse (his partner was reluctant to leave him go on his own warning him of the danger) Leo saw a cigarette butt(?) and walked over to the cliff and thought he saw his partner's body at the bottom. He climbs down, finds out it wasn't a body and climbs back up finding a small cave with the woman inside it.

Again IIRC he wakes up and there is nobody there, climbs back up and is picked up by the army general (who was looking for him) who basically fills his ear with poison.

Leo climbing down the cliff I don't think was part of the plan, the woman in the cave was likely not even real. So climbing the cliff wasn't part of the Doc's plan same with blowing up the car.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.