[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'M TRYING TO BE NICE TO YOU MAGGOT NOW MOVE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: maggot.jpg (100 KB, 1263x527) Image search: [Google]
maggot.jpg
100 KB, 1263x527
I'M TRYING TO BE NICE TO YOU MAGGOT NOW MOVE
>>
>>67924652

What kind of army conscripts a older man, and expects him to fight the next day?

Seriously even in the last days of Nazi Germany children and old men were put through a week of training

They didn't even show him how to shoot or move in that suit, it was just a waste of equipment.
>>
>>67924815
???
>>
>>67924815

the human race was going to go fucking extinct dude
>>
>>67924840

They didn't know that, the enemy was in retreat on the eastern front and as far as they knew they were about to start the final push to victory.
>>
>>67924815
He was a deserter. He was sent to die.
>>
>>67924876

Deserters get shot, they were willing to waste a suit and fuel flying him across the channel.

Was it the same for the anime? Or was it just the movie that had him conscripted and sent off in less then a day?
>>
>>67924867
he was supposed to die, remember? it was like their sneaky way of killing him
>>
Why did the general condemn him to die in frontline combat?

Was he just a vindictive asshole?
>>
>>67924652
alright be honest /tv/, if you were him, how many times would you bang major emily cumbucket?
>>
>>67924984
I imagine they were running out of meat for the grinder.
>>
>catched
>>
>>67924904
he was not a literal deserter since he wasnt in the army itself, mandataroy service on the other hand they can do , with the same results
>>
>>67924998
He tried, remember?
>>
>>67925193
I simply thought it was implied in the barn scene. Also when she realizes he knows too much about her

>we are wasting time we can get back after I kill you!
>>
Was it ever explained why no one recognised him? He was the face of the war effort and then everyone just forgets his name.
>>
>>67926306
He woke up in an alternate timeline after dying in the effort to kill the mother-alien. In that timeline, all the people were aware of was a "surge of energy in Paris" and the sudden collapse of the alien forces. The boss alien's life force is consistent across parallel universes, but nothing else is.
>>
>>67924998
the real question is how would one actually go about abusing his reset abilities to get into rita's pants? she seemed pretty unapproachable, is there a set of moves which could plausibly lead into consensual sex between the two of them?
>>
File: Edge of Tomorrow Maggot.webm (2 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
Edge of Tomorrow Maggot.webm
2 MB, 1920x800
>>
>>67926374
But no one knew who he was before he died the first time either. He was just introduced as a deserter despite having what must have been one of the most recognisable faces in the world at that point?
>>
>>67924815
He wasn't a civilian, he had gone through army training etc. it's just in his current capacity he was working in PR.
>>
>>67926306
>>67926551
I know what you mean, he was the face of the war on the news apparently and no one recognized him. Pretty big plothole but I fucking love the movie.
>>
This would have been more interesting to me if there was an angle of his deteriorating mental state as the strain of enduring these high-stress life & death situations began to erode his mental integrity & manifest in PTSD neurosis.
>>
>>67926586
I think that's why I'm looking for an explanation. I enjoy the film too much to just accept that plot hole and move on.
>>
All you need is kill is better in every way
>>
>>67926636
Let's go with:

He wasn't actually the "face of the army," more like just a spokesperson that was on TV sometimes.
>>
>>67926636
I mean, you could plausibly say we only saw him doing one news report, he may not have been that regular of a figure on TV. Just one analyst among many, and nobody in the service had enough time watching TV to have noticed him.
>>
>>67926592
sup reddit
>>
>>67926698
>>67926706

Yeah, that's probably as close to a good as I'm going to get, thanks guys. Was there an answer in the manga, or was he just an ordinary solider in that?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.