[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree this is Zack Snyder's Magnum opus?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 1459899230320.jpg (447 KB, 3072x1268) Image search: [Google]
1459899230320.jpg
447 KB, 3072x1268
Can we all agree this is Zack Snyder's Magnum opus?
>>
Memes aside, it's a great movie.
>>
No, it's literally the worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life. 3 hours of pure torture. Fuck everyone who convinced me to watch this crap.
>>
Alan Moore's magnum opus, idiot.
>>
It's great if you have selective memory
>>
>>67922394
yeah, actually
this and 300 are his only good movies anyway
>>
Can it really be a magnum opus if it's just a panel for panel remake of a comic?

Shouldn't a magnum opus be some kind of original material? Unless the height of his career is just copying and pasting.
>>
>>67922443
Go to bed Joss
>>
>>67922443
Dude, stop its not funny anymore
>>
>>67922394
The only thing magnum about this was how huge a shit it was.
>>
No, snyder has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>67922412
He should only Direct JL Dark and Vertigo stuff
>>
A really shitty one.
>>
i have the same problem with watchmen as i had with lotr. they're movies that were inevitable to be made. i really don't care how good they are or how well they do because i don't need to see a live action reenactment of something i already know. it's boring to me.
>>
File: 300-gerard-butler.jpg (110 KB, 2048x1080) Image search: [Google]
300-gerard-butler.jpg
110 KB, 2048x1080
>>67922394
300 was more consistent and fitting for Snyder's heavy visuals. Too bad IMAX was not around when it came out.
>>
>>67922479
they are both complete shit, though.
>>
Watchmen is the only film that made me leave the movie theater midway.
>>
>>67922582
Lord of the Rings did change quite a bit of content from the books however to streamline the story I'd say.

>>67922604
I only ever saw 300 in theaters and haven't watched it since. Liked it a lot at the time, but I didn't think it would hold up the same way in a rewatch compared to the theater experience of seeing it with friends who are into the movie just as much as you are.
>>
As far as critics are concerned that dawn of dead remake is his magnus opus

As far as I'm concerned Batman v Superman is his best effort followed closely by Watchmen
>>
>>67922582
anyone that depressed should die already
>>
>>67922480
You haven't read the comic have you? There are many significant changes between the two and so to claim it is "just a panel for panel remake of a comic" suggests you either haven't read the books or seen the movie. They are almost completely about different things.

I've seen this post come up a lot recently, and i'm not sure if it is the same guy spouting the same nonsense in every watchmen thread, or it's people parroting the same nonsense who clearly haven't seen the film/read the book either.
>>
>>67922701
not wanting to see hollywood's next best attempt at making a live action fountainhead or batman trade paperback is not a symptom of depression. i'd argue the opposite.
>>
>>67922699
Dawn of the Dead was a stinky pile of doo-doo

Shaun of the dead is scarier
>>
File: snydersopus.jpg (45 KB, 360x540) Image search: [Google]
snydersopus.jpg
45 KB, 360x540
>>67922394

>Zack Snyder
>Magnum Opus
>>
>>67922942

nigga i will fite you
>>
>>67923024
can we please weaponize sucker punch? that movie was such a turd but i have a feeling if we all get together and say it was the best movie ever we can really upset some autists on /tv/.
suckerposting when?
>>
>>67922394
Zack Snyder's films are the definition of vulgar auteurism
>>
>>67923086
the ol' BvS strategy, where we shitpost the board with "Suckerpunch is good" memes, like we did with BvS and MoS?
>>
>>67923086
>>67923192

my penis gave Sucker Punch a standing ovation
>>
>>67923192
ehhh i actually like bvs. i'd only be lauding suckerpunch for the memes.
>>
>>67922812
Of course it isn't a perfect adaptation. Half the film's imagery is taken wholesale from the comic, m8.
I wish that he'd done a straight adaptation since the shit he changed makes the story worse.
>>
>>67923253
Sucker Punch is profoundly entertaining on LSD.
>>
>>67923267
his ending made it better idiot
>>
>>67922394

The director's cut is probably the best capekino there is. BvS will be his legacy though.

What a time to be alive to see Snyder's movies in the cinema.

>tfw saw all his movie in the cinema and they keep getting better (lets pretend Sucker punch never happened, despite it being eye candy deluxe)
>>
>>67924037
>Director's Cut

Literally just adding deleted scenes
>>
>>67922618
Because at least 300 is a not very good comic.
>>
>>67924046

>which adds to the narrative and explains some details, which seemed rush in the theatrical
version

Are you new?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.