[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is he such an asshole to his son
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Vikings-King-Ecbert.jpg (43 KB, 334x500) Image search: [Google]
Vikings-King-Ecbert.jpg
43 KB, 334x500
First he cucks him and then Aethelwulf is literally sent away for years with his wife's son. How does this play into his 'political' ambitions?
>>
>>67921769
He had a son when he was really young, the birth killed his waifu and the son turned out to be a fuckup.

I'd send a waifu-killer like that away too.
>>
>>67921913
How is Aethelwulf a fuckup? He seems to be loyal, competent and a good leader of men.
>>
>>67921913
>the son turned out to be a fuckup.
He's been pretty alright. His scene where he saves the princess was very nice.
>>
File: rejoice christ chan.png (428 KB, 680x949) Image search: [Google]
rejoice christ chan.png
428 KB, 680x949
only to make the "evil" Christians look like pieces of shit, and by contrast trick people into thinking the degenerate human sacrificing, war mongering, feminist, dope smoking vikings are the good guys.
>>
I think the writers don't really care about him as a character with understandable goals at this point, they're just using him to set up the Alfred the great storyline. Egberts plans are just... all over the place and I just can't follow what he's doing.
>>
>>67921944
>>67921959
He's got no political insight and is content with ruling a tiny portion of a tiny island.

He's got on actual ambition to do anything more than what he's been told is what a king does.

He'd be an OK general, but he's the one who's the rightful heir to the throne. That's why he's a fuckup of a future king.
>>
>>67921769
Him fucking his son's wife was just him being a horndog.

Him sending his son away is actually a smart thing to do. He wants to take over the queen's lands for himself, but since his son is now fucking said queen, there is a chance he might revolt against him. By sending him on a religious journey that would last months, this gives him the most opportune time to defeat his enemies before his son comes back. During the war, all the soldiers become more loyal to the king as they share the field of battle.

And because there is no longer any reason to revolt against him, he still manages to keep one of his best commanders alive rather than going into some shitty civil war.
>>
>>67921976
your republican is showing
>>
>>67922106
Succesfully maintaining your power and the status quo of yor region is not being "a fuckup of a future king". Besides, Athelwulf was king before Aethelred (his actual son, Alfred's older brother) and then Alfred, so if the plan is to genuinely get rid of him it wont work.
>>
>>67922145
that trek to Rome will take years, not just months. Walking there at the pace the monk said would take something like 2-3 years.
>>
>>67922238
The monk said it was 1100 miles and they'd walk 12 miles per day, that makes it 90 days so, three months to travel to Rome and three months to travel back - I'd also assume that they would stay there for a couple of months after such a long journey so the trip will take the better part of a year but not many years.
>>
>>67922238
what the fuck? 2-3 years to reach rome on foot from south england?
>>
Will the peasants revolt against the king, what with him saving an adulterer and then letting a female (the adulterer) write holy pages? And there would be rumors about his making his son a cuckold.
>>
File: clock work orange pepe.jpg (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
clock work orange pepe.jpg
49 KB, 500x500
>>67922152
>implying having different political opions then you is bad
>>
>>67922474
>being strongly conservative or liberal instead of centrist masterrace

you're fucking retarded and that is a bad thing.

I bet you vote for president and nothing else
>>
>>67921976
take your cringey mascot back to pol where it belongs
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.