[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you transform this into a movie? do you split up the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
How do you transform this into a movie?

do you split up the movies? or do you try and fit all 5 dungeons in one quick montage?
>>
you don't it would be too gay
>>
I would make Link a tranny and Navi a black guy, then push that as hard as I possibly could in the marketing, going on Twitter and shit, and then hope against hope that I conned enough dipshits into spending their parent's money to recoup the budget.

The trailer would have a dubstep remix of the original Zelda theme and a bunch of shit skins in quick shots as each Temple guardian and some really shitty CGI monsters.
>>
>>67920621
Make it a Majora's Mask style, reality bending time travel flick. GOAT as fuck
>>
>link cosplay
>wears pants instead of tights

go all in or go home faggot
>>
Why do people keep trying to make video game movies?
They never gross much and 9 out of 10 times they turn out to be garbage, the only one I could've seen working was that Peter Jackson Halo project from years ago.
>>
>>67920800
>Link Cosplay
>Wears tights instead of nothing

Go all in or go home faggot.
>>
>>67920621
I can see it now. Link is wearing tight jeans and Ganondorf cargo shorts. Halfway through the movie the action stops and there is a 30 minute long gay sex scene without explanation. Afterwards the movie continues as if nothing happened.
>>
go back to /v/, or put a fucking bullet in your head. Get the fuck off this board with your anti-art trash.
>>
>>67920621
kys my man
>>
It's going to be pathetic if it ever gets made in the west before Japan, but I'm going to assume that way and age Link up to 17.
>kokiri village, just remake shire scenes
>give link a little sister, she gets kidnapped by evil bugs into (dead) Great Deku Tree.
>climbs up through the inside, fighting spiders with a bow.
>at top of tree, spider is giving the girl to a moblin thing on a bird.
>tree top/limb battle with Spider boss, he uses his bow to break its web and it falls to death.
>master sword is stuck in the top of the tree, dramatic iconic shot.
>Link pulls it, Rey bullshit visions with sages and sister saying please help me.
>Quest, montage gaining some tools and boss fights.
>Evil castle save the sister, last boss is evil creepy moblin looking guy.
>sister becomes princess in the name of Zelda, precredits sting of Ganondorf awaking .
>>
>>67920621
>>67920621
>How do you transform this into a movie?

You just don't.

Granted, a cool Zelda script could be made. But after countless revisions, dozens of different dicks in the project (execs, film staff, editors), even a good vision can become torn apart and diluted.

That isn't to say I wouldn't see it if it was lukewarm. Just plenty of anime/video game movies have been made over the years and none are better than awful or mediocre (if you could argue the latter in any case).
>>
Simple. Comfy TV series. A movie would suck
>>
>>67920621
Fuck off back to >>>/v/
>>
If you want to talk about video games go on /v/.
>but /v/ is shit
Because of people like you.
>>
>>67920621

This is my favorite game ever but if they turned into a movie I would turn 360 degrees and RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>67920621
There is a famous comic. Just modernize and adapt it.
>>
>>67920920
>my favorite game ever

pleb don't even go back to /v/ literally go back to facebook.

Majora's Mask is better
>>
>>67920882
holy fuck an actual fucking response

>>67920621
this is clearly a fucking social icon. you can't deny the influence of it or the franchise. clearly vidyashite can and will start being done. maybe even less caricaturishly than warcraft

i still doubt there would be any simple reduction of a single game. more of a conflagration of different elements of interesting plot from various zelda games with some added intrigue
>>
File: OOTWIP.jpg (28 KB, 790x445) Image search: [Google]
OOTWIP.jpg
28 KB, 790x445
don't tell me you fags wouldnt want to see the creepy spooky forest temple visualized on the big screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmsZyC0UXUU
>>
File: 1266709366975.jpg (206 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1266709366975.jpg
206 KB, 1280x800
>>67920621
>How do you transform this into a movie?
You don't.
Nintendo isn't interested and they've been sitting on a fucking mountain of solid gold for years anyway. It really is not like Nintendo needs to diversify into the cinema industry. The day they need to make real serious money they simply have to port a single Mario game into mobile.
They tried the movie thing in the past with catastrophic results too. They did animation as well with better results. Both didn't really matter in the end.
Don't get me wrong here, it could be cool to see a Zelda well adapted in movie. I 'd be curious to see that. But in reality the chances for this to happen are completely microscopic right about now.
>>
>>67920882
>age Link up to 17
then why the fuck would he be living in kokiri village dumbass? The OP said transform OoT into a movie not make a generic zelda movie
>>
Part 1
>Link is born with forest stone, Deku Tree tells him "you are different from the others, not a kokiri, we found you as a baby etc" then dies
>leaves the village, heads to Hyrule Castle where he stumbles across Zelda in the market, Aladdin-style
>"you're the boy from my visions, help me save the kingdom"
>heads to Lake hylia, saves Princess ruto, gets water stone
>heads to death mountain, retrieves fire stone
>gets sword, adult link, ganon is win
>to be continued
>>
>>67924068
Part 2: A Link to the Past
>Link meets Sheik, who tells him they need the stages to return to the past
>no medallions, no temples, just journey to find the sages
>already has darunia, ruto, and saria because of the last movie
>link and sheik head to lonlon ranch for rare, who gives them Epona
>kakariko graveyard for impa
>gerudo valley for nabooru, learn of ganon's past
>Zelda reveal, is capture
>link heads to ganon's tower, big fight, Zelda is save, plays song of time, world is peace
>fin
>>
This would be better off as a TV or YouTube series with 60~90 minute episodes to fit in as much detail. Plus, we can get Majora's Mast storyline in there.

>re-write plot in order for Link to have lines
>Asshole kid, his fuccboi and Sariah become Link's sidekicks up until Master Sword is yanked
>End Season 1 at this point
>Season 2 and 3 are the dungeons, Link fucking Malon loud and hard, Link fucking a reformed gerudo who becomes his sidekick, Sheik stalking Link and being jealous but still teaching him shit and the ganon fight
>Season 4 and 5 is all of Majora's Mask re-written plot
>>
there were internet rumors awhile ago that netflix wanted to do it serialized as a game of thrones style show.

honestly, its the only video game thing ive ever really liked. but i dont think it could ever work. i think if anyone were to do it, it would have to be the japs and it would have to be some kinda animated movie. so i dont think it would be very good. however, i do think the miyazaki film "princess monoke" is the best zelda movie theyre ever gonna make. i think it would have to be an international production and would benefit from having a very diverse and strange cast (which i cant even begin to think of) because the zelda and any fantasy shit is all about the various fictional races and cultres. i just dont think anybody could ever pull it off. i think we got the lord of the ring movies, and we were lucky to get those and we'll probably never have any other fantasy movies touch those ever again.
>>
A standard Hollywood trilogy is probably the best you can do. Young Link's adventures are a single movie, the middle movie is all Teen Link, then the third movie is all the back and forth time travel bullshit concluding with the final fight with Ganondorf. For a romance angle to bring in the ladies they can give some of the waifus expanded roles. Most of them are already sages but in the grand scheme you hardly ever see any of them.
>>
>>67925235
It would end up as bad as that Dungeons & Dragons movie. So like you and >>67925019 mentioned, making it into a show would benefit from having different character's point of views not seen in the game. For example, the Jabu Jabu dungeon:

>Ruto gets an episode where at the end of it an ominous shot of Lord Jabu closing his jaws is seen
>Follow up episode might start with explaining how Ganondorf was involved and then Link coming in and saving Ruto
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.