[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come movies were so much better 10 years ago compared to now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
How come movies were so much better 10 years ago compared to now?
>>
No internet, nobody knew everything about the movie before it was released, fewer niggers, women had less rights.
>>
>>67919992
They weren't.
You aged ten years and got more savvy.
>>
>>67919992
They weren't. Compare any one year 5-15 years ago compared to any year in the last 5 years.

Year for year, count all the great films. Unless you randomly hit a particularly fantastic year in cinema like 2008 or 2012, it's going to be pretty even.
>>
>>67920040
This.

Its why almost every TV show got intesely shit past the half way mark is because the fandom pandering took off.

It ruined Doctor who reboot
Xfiles post S6
so many other shows but yes it was definitely the internet.

Back in the mid-late 90s nobody had internet only a select few had dialup and if you where rich you had dsl/cable and had to live in the cbd pretty much.

Early days of the internet was great 1995-2005 and then everything went to shit jewtube and social media exploded
>>67920183
The last 5-10 years has had so many turds compared to decent movies and tv i lost count.
>>
>>67920183
What was so interesting in said years? Please don't say muh MCU
>>
>>67920214
Stop counting the shit. You forget the old shit. It's the same argument about how "all music these days is shit". Just look at the number one song for each week of any year. You probably won't remember most. It's easy to remember the great shit over a long period of time, you forget all the pure garbage.
>>
>>67920214
Disagree...we are living now in the golden age of tv
>>
>>67920284
Nah sorry everything since the mid-late 2000s has been complete shit.

Music and Video games even moreso than TV/streaming which is still in its golden age but movies quality has definetly declined
>>
>>67920214
>Early days of the internet was great 1995-2005
More like 2007 or whatever year the first iPhone went out.
>>
>>67920266
My favourite film of the current decade Moonrise Kingdom
>>
>>67920284
That's true to a certain extent but there's a ton of movies that just couldn't be made now because of retarded PC culture and social media making sure everyone is constantly aware of how offended a few people are about something.
>>
>>67920284
Don't talk to me or my wife's son ever again.
>>
>>67920366
There's always foreign films for that to be fair. A lot of smaller countries are finally getting their claws into making great films.
>>
>>67920040
>There was no internet in 2006

Gotta be 18+ to post here, son
>>
>>67920040
>No internet
But I was literally linked to 4chan in 2006 and that was on Facebook when all the cancer poured in before they made normalfag boards.
>>
>>67920803
which boards are for normies?
>>
>>67920845
Anything that's not related to anime or gookshit
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.