[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this film?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: Ava.jpg (41 KB, 615x410) Image search: [Google]
Ava.jpg
41 KB, 615x410
Thoughts on this film?
>>
Bros before hoes
>>
Its not that deep.

Also that dancing part was the best.
>>
Le dancing may may, le deus ex machina ending, but le twist for robot.
>>
>>67919014
Honestly, it's rare these sorts of posts on 4chan make me laugh. However, be it the timing or circumstances I currently find myself in, I found this incredibly amusing. I probably laughed for 4 to 6 seconds, out loud that is. Again, I'd like to make it clear that this is highly unusual for me. I simply want you to know how funny I found this before I continue on to another thread. Maybe I'll see your posts in the future and I'll laugh again, or maybe I'll engage in an intense argument with you. Such is the way of anonymous image boards, but at this moment, your post brought me great joy to the point of laughing out loud. Guess I'm just trying to say thanks. I'll see you in other threads, even if I don't know it's you.
>>
Thought it was smarter than it actually was.
>>
>>67918984
>yet another "robots are evil and will kill you" movie
It was stylish but not as original as it wanted you to think it was.
>>
I thought the whole atmosphere was amazing tbqh
>>
>betrays her white knight and leaves fellow victims behind
In the end was she just a machine? Or a concious feminist?
>>
>>67919956
good question anon
>>
>>67919113
stop being pretentious
>>
My room mate is pissed that the robots are hot chicks.
>>
>>67919076
lmao
>>
well built suspense with a simple yet interesting plot that was well explained. character development/motivations are well shown. cinematography and music were nice.

>she gone die without dat powa
>>
>>67920086
I think the music was one of the best bits, the music where Caleb was hacking was creepy and fit well
>>
the title itself hints at the AI character as contrived. it plays well on its themes of god, humanity and existentialism. almost a meta-critique of its own nihilism
>>
>>67920133
yea i thought it was one of the best parts really. luckily the cinematography was able to provide the necessary support. gave the film and all the characters so much more feeling

i've always felt music is one of the most important parts of how a film develops its personality and ambiance and this felt so well crafted
>>
>>67918984
Tay ;_;
>>
File: 1385189257505.gif (188 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1385189257505.gif
188 KB, 500x333
>character wears white shirt
>gets stabbed
Why did movies make this a meme?
>>
>>67920230
Definitely, also Alicia Vikander is my crush right now. I'm watching it again and she is the perfect fucking specimen
>>
>>67920339
no joke. so glad she is breaking in to hollywood at the mo

especially as she is a well bred hot ass euro babe without the jlaw sjw bull so we can see her tits
>>
>>67920055
Your roommate is gril?
>>
>>67919031
It has enough in it to at least make you reflect on it for a minute instead of forget what you just saw the second it ends
>>
was tje robot programmed to have feet in this movie
>>
>>67919113
>can this AI pass for human
>Just kidding AI was actually supposed to tryto escape
>AI escapes

I don't think it was trying to be smart, that's pretty simple
>>
>>67919031
it isn't supposed to be that deep

>>67920528
I wouldn''t sey it is exceptionally watchable. twice was prob enough for me a year+ apart until a while down the road.

its entertaining and interesting. reflextion would suggest a intricacy that I wouldn't say it is trying to obtain
>>
>>67920293

How many white shirts do you own?

If the answer is less than 30%, then you are an anomaly.
>>
>>67920584
i don't think so
>>
>>67920133
>>67920230
Seriously. It's actually one of the scenes I remember the best just because of the music.

Also the music when whats his face gets stabbed is pretty memorable.

I don't think people appreciate a good soundtrack to a movie as much as other aspects. But so many good scenes in films are killed if you remove the music.
Same shit with a lot of vidya
>>
>>67918984
*flick
>>
>>67920722
>he made a robot that a girl one and he didnt even program hit to have feet
whats the point even. lik e nasa build a rocket that can travel as fast a volkswagen. stupid ass
>>
>>67920748
I also found the knife slowly sleeping in to him both times almost fucking sensual

it was weird. not sure how to describe it. you're clearly supposed to dislike oscarsans character yet the way it juxtaposes his surprise and almost arrogance of it happening. a possibility beyond his comprehension. it was amazing
>>
>>67919076

Liar! Stop makin fun of me!
>>
The biggest mistake was Nathan not keeping the blonde active. I mean seriously is he gay? She was gorgeous
>>
>>67920849
>>67920293
I'm trying to figure out why they felt the need to CGI all of that.
Watch the scene again if you don't catch it but it's clearly all computer generated, the blood, the knife itself.

It was kind of jarring how obvious it was as well. Especially since that's not a particularly hard thing to actually do practically.
>>
>>67920293
reminds me when i saw a cholo get stabbed with a broken bottle outside a nice pizza joint late at night in quaint little old boise idaho.

wetback had a tall white t and the gushing blood from his shoulder quickly spread down over it before he and his brolos hopped in a black suv and high tailed it
>>
>>67918984
Is that some elaborate ass suit or something
>>
>>67920942
I don't remember the film showing that the Blonde had any flaws, they showed the first Asian one to be a psycho and the African American one to be a vegetable. But I think the reason why he disabled most of them is probably because he is fucked in the head
>>
>>67921349
CGI most likely
>>
>>67919113

I feel like people who are intimidated by semi-intelligent characters or discussions say shit like this
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.