[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who fell asleep? It was so boring and the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: Interstellar-Main-One-Sheet-QUAD.jpg (688 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Interstellar-Main-One-Sheet-QUAD.jpg
688 KB, 2000x1500
Am I the only one who fell asleep?
It was so boring and the plot was mind numbingly retarded.
>>
>>67910987
Tried watching it today. Should have just called it "Exposition".
>>
>>67910987
If you jump in without any knowledge of space time and the 4th dimension, you're not gonna enjoy it, it will all seem make-up fantasy bullshit to you.

The way they portrayed a 4th dimensional space in 3D at the end was brillant and unheard of.
>>
>>67910987
Yes, you plebe
>>
>>67910987
your too dumb to understand it
>>
>>67912523
>>67912568
>>67912554
Literally pleb-tier physics. The NASA scientists explained black holes to each other??
>>
>>67910987
>>
>>67913432
>not appreciating a good Event Horizon reference
>>
>>67913432
black scientist explains why is the wormhole espherical,cooper obviously knows what a wormhole is.

but he probably thought that a wormhole would be something like a portal from the video game series "portal"(flat).
>>
Yeah, not enough explosions.
>>
man i will always say this.

interstellar is a great movie bacause of the time it was made.
today what does make money is capeshit and still they tried to make a hard sci fi movie.

it gave me hope tho ,that we would have a sci fi wave or something but...
>>
It's one of those Just-turn-your-brain-off-bro kind of movies.

Everything about the water world has ridiculously retarded. As well as the whole matt damon trying to kill everyone subplot. It did have some neat ideas but I can't help but think everything could have been better done by someone else.
>>
>>67914407
>Everything about the water world has ridiculously retarded
how so?

i thought it was nice.the time dilatation problem made everyone a little stupid due to pression.

brand even says that in reality is diferent from the theory.
>>
>>67910987
>>67911035
>>67913432
>>67914407
maybe Capeshit is more your speed.
>>
>>67914564
This is just capeshit in space

>I wuz ur ghost

Yeah eat shit Nolan
>>
>>67912523
If you try to watch it with a KSP level knowledge of orbital physics it doesn't make any fucking sense. There are transfers that should take literally months that take seconds and it's confusing as fuck.
>>
>>67914696
It's a 2 hour flick... no shit son.
>>
>>67914781
There's no reason you should go from planetary orbit to falling into a black hole inside of a single scene.
>>
>>67910987
No one who saw this epic in I-max would ever say this.
>>
>>67914696
>>67914877

you would bare see all the deep sleep preparation all over again?

that trips obviously would take a lot of time it was just editing.
>>
>>67914877
It's a feature film, not a technical documentary. Reproducing orbital manoeuvres with real life accuracy is not the point of the film, it's family drama.
>>
>>67910987

>I'm 12: The Post
>>
>>67915006
>>67915022
By the time I digested the fact that a docking maneuver produced enough energy to deorbit the spacecraft from a planetary orbit they were already falling into the black hole. I get why it was done like that, but it still ruined the climax of the entire film for me. I should have been on the edge of my seat and I was instead incredibly confused.
>>
Talking shit about the science of this movie is just a meme. Kip Thorne is a big deal physicist, and he had a deal with Nolan from the start that said Nolan couldn't put anything in the movie that is flat out wrong. Sure, artistic freedom can be had with things to make them more entertaining, but nothing is flat out wrong. They had a heated debate lasting 2 weeks where Nolan wanted to include time travel, and since it's simply not possible, Kip wouldn't let him and didn't budge. I don't get why armchair physicists who get their knowledge from video games feel that they are more knowledgable than a leading astrophysicist.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.