[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys actually think its cool that you hate on Twilight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 14
File: john-green.jpg (209 KB, 1216x1878) Image search: [Google]
john-green.jpg
209 KB, 1216x1878
Do you guys actually think its cool that you hate on Twilight even though you have never watched it?
>>
I read the books, John, and they were ASS
Now what?
>>
File: NIGGIT.png (493 KB, 2048x168) Image search: [Google]
NIGGIT.png
493 KB, 2048x168
>>67910855
Tbh, if this comment weren't a defence of fucking Twilight it'd be a pretty phenomenal SJW shutdown
>>
>>67910855
Feeling any sort of emotion regarding Twilight hasn't been cool for years.
>>
>>67910893
Hating on non-ironic love stories? Really anon, it is the current year.
>>
>>67910855
fake account

Twilight is schlickbait with entire movies where nothing happens
>>
Is there a bigger cuck than John Green in existence?
>>
Getting on your soapbox over fucking Twilight?

Social media was a mistake.
>>
>>67910855
it stopped being cool to hate on things in 2010. by then being a "ugh i hate popular thing because im a smart angry nerd" because mainstream
>>
>>67910855

are you fom 2010? who cares? not even Cedric cares about those movies anymroe
>>
>>67911612
It is his actual account.
>>
>>67911994
http://fishingboatproceeds.tumblr.com/post/77224629639/ive-seen-your-comments-on-twitter-and-facebook
>>
File: twilight-baseball-scene.jpg (51 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
twilight-baseball-scene.jpg
51 KB, 590x350
>>67910855
I was half-watching the first one while I fucked around with some browser games on my laptop. I remember looking up twice.

The first time was when he was going into the sunlight to reveal the monster he truly was. The franchise was pretty new at this point, so I didn't know what to expect and was hoping for some Nosferatu nightmare. When he began to sparkle, I scoffed and went back to my game.

The next time I looked up was during Vampire baseball. It was at that time I quit even half-watching and turned it off.
>>
File: Ashley-greene-alice-eclipse.jpg (20 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Ashley-greene-alice-eclipse.jpg
20 KB, 500x333
>>67910855
But I did watch the movies, but only for pic related.
Also the Twilight vampires are broken as fuck, I don't understand why the feel the neccesity to hide when they could easily obliterate humanity.
>>
>>67912284
Yo listen up here's a story...
>>
File: 1451065202452.jpg (90 KB, 511x448) Image search: [Google]
1451065202452.jpg
90 KB, 511x448
John Green is the kind of guy who cried after he masturbates
>>
>>67911714
>missing the whole point this hard
>>
>>67911768
While correct, I still enjoy dry sarcasm over post-ironic retro-sincerity
>>
>>67910855
I've never seen some one bend over backwards this hard. It's almost as if he has no spine to begin with.
>>
Tbh the first one wasn't that bad the rest were just 90 minute commercials for Burger King, Volvo and Virgin Airlines.
>>
>>67912809
>Also, I would like to see equal attention given to the sexism in popular work by men, from Nicholas Sparks to for instance J. D. Salinger. Catcher in the Rye—although I like it very much—is profoundly and disturbingly misogynistic and yet seems to get a critical pass both online and off. This happens a lot, I think, with books by men, and I don’t want male writers (including me!) to get that pass.
>>
>>67912809
He is the archetypal numale
>>
>>67910855
Insufferable. Fuck you John.
>>
>>67910855
>tens of millions of people cant be wrong can they?

If there ever was confirmation that hes a hack fraud, its now, pulling the most blatant argument to popularity. That wouldnt even fucking cut it in the high school debate clubs of twilight fans.
>>
>>67912832
Burger recently gave away 10 piece chicken nugget boxes for 1$, best two weeks of my life
>>
>>67910855
>implying my exes didn't drag me to damn near every one

I really enjoyed the second one in a mst3k way, and I genuinely liked Bella's father- he deserved a better daughter
>>
File: tumblr_nj6gebzaNm1s985xho1_400.png (57 KB, 398x409) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nj6gebzaNm1s985xho1_400.png
57 KB, 398x409
>>67912940
>"Bro, tens of millions of Nazis voted for Hitler. They can't all be wrong, can they?"

>"Bro, tens of millions of Communists supported Stalin/Mao/Pol Pot/Kim Jung Un, Kim Il Sung, Kim Jung Ill, they can't all be wrong can they?"

>"Bro, tens of millions of people participated and supported the North Atlantic slave trade, they can't all be wrong can they?"

>"Bro, tens of millions of people supported the confederacy, they can't all be wrong can they?"

I want to puncb John Green in his fucking throat
>>
>>67910855
you don't have to taste and smell shit to check if its shit.
shit is shit.
period
>>
>>67910855
Same reason why it's "cool" to hate on racists even though I've never met one.
>>
>in ways that male authors of love stories never are.

Go fuck yourself. Nicholas Sparks also gets roasted for his formulaic and cheesy shit. I totally agree that you shouldn't be completely shitting on a series that you haven't even seen for yourself and deriding other people's genuine enthusiasm, but this long twitter diatribe just being a way to validate his personal opinions concerning misogyny, along with some self-aggrandizement for good measure, is fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>67910855
I watched the first one with Rifftrax on with the intention of mocking it, but it didn't actually seem that bad a thing for a moody tween girl. It had no real degenerate subtexts I could detect, and I got a general vibe of moral conservatism from it.
The plot was actually kind of fun in that way that "standalone" movies tend to be over sequels and reboots - the pacing and atmosphere was tight and tense.

I couldn't even get through the next few even with Rifftrax on. That whole "lol Native Americans versus Vampires, aren't they so cool??? :DDDD" tweenybopper bullshit, and the whole romance plot revolving around friendzoning an honest guy, with the "political" plot being between anti-human demonic factions teaming up to fight other anti-human demonic forces.

Honestly, Blade should have come into Twilight and killed them all.
>>
>>67913073
>"Bro, hundreds of millions of Muslims support honor killings, stoning women, pedophilia, rape, genocide, slavery and Sharia law in general, they can't all be wrong can they?

One job.
>>
File: johngreen.jpg (51 KB, 657x496) Image search: [Google]
johngreen.jpg
51 KB, 657x496
Why do you guys hate John Green so much?
>>
Wait, are they trying to sexism defence on Twilight? Now? After 5+ years?

The last half hour of the last movie was one of the greatest things I ever saw. The whole fight was so fucking stupid that I had a giant shit eating grin while watching it
>>
>>67914200
But yet you would complain about sjws using this exact same reason wouldnt you not?
>>
>>67910855
Got head watching new moon. I fucking loved these movies because it was so easy to get a girl to fool around watching them.
>>
>>67914569
This.
lol jk never happened
>>
>>67914943
>lol jk never happened
I had previously read the books before watching the movie which are the biggest clusterfuck of terrible and the sole reason I read them was because I couldn't comprehend how something so bad had gotten optioned, so I read the first one thinking the books were better then realised it was terrible, read the next one thinking that one might be better, realised it was terrible, etc etc and when it suddenly went full ham I thought "holy shit maybe they're actually doing something with this shitheap" and I was so disappointed when they played the "it's just a dream" card
>>
The first movie isn't that bad
>>
File: 1339686728816.jpg (4 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1339686728816.jpg
4 KB, 184x184
I have never really hated those movie, i actually used to really like the first two, especially the first one. Great comfy movie.

This is coming from someone who hates normen and the fan base for that movie.
>>
is john green the definitive nu-male?
>>
>>67910855
Goddamn, John Green really is the biggest cuck in the galaxy. I watched Twilight years ago and it's hilariously awful trash. Only dumb teenage girls unironically like it.
>>
>>67915287
Yes, at least for writers.
>>
>>67912664
>John Green likes having 48 dicks in his Cheerios every morning before he eats them
>>
>>67914943
>I had previously re
Stopped there.
I understand watching the movies to crush some puss but reading the shit you're a faggot.
>>
>>67910855
What a nonsensical and flaccid point.
>>
>>67916223
meant for (You)>>67915049
>>
>>67912664
>he doesn't cry after cumming

my gf told me this was normal though..
>>
NEVER

STOP

PANDERING
>>
>>67913073
>"Bro, tens of millions of people supported the confederacy, they can't all be wrong can they?"

They weren't
>>
>>67910958
>tens of millions of people

i question these numbers
>>
>>67910855
how can one human bean be so fucking hateable
>>
>>67910855
Yeah, I've never watched the prequels and I hate on them.
>>
I watched the first one on a really crappy date, and it was so fucking hilarious.
I want to watch the rest, but I want to do it with bunch of friends and alcohol.
>>
who the fuck is john green
>>
>>67916632
I watched the first one with riff trax. Movie was so bad they couldn't even keep up with it.
>>
>>67916637
Writer of Fart in our Stars.
>>
>>67916682
in that case he's a shit writer
>>
>>67914492
cause he gets shilled by taylor swift
>>
>>67910855
I read part of the book and it was horrible. But honestly who gives a shit about Twilight anymore
>>
I watched the movies with rifftrax. They were really funny
>>
>>67912155
that guy is a fucking clown
>>
File: Njydj.jpg (40 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
Njydj.jpg
40 KB, 800x532
>Send about 4+ perma-teenage vampires to a high-school, but only when it's cloudy/raining.
>A single drop of blood can send at least one of them into a frenzy

>What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>67912664
What a fucking autistic way to look at sex
>>
>>67917003
I thought it was just Bella's blood because she was 'soo sooper speshul omg'.
>>
>>67912664
well yes its a real concern when your partner has a history of being an unreliable flake.
>>
>>67917003
>Kids are already super suspicious of them
>They only ever come to school half the time, if not less. This alone is probably illegal. Would actually be easier to use the "home-school" excuse.
>Kids think they're also super-incesty, which is actually a fair observation to make

literally the stupidest vampire family out there.
>>
/tv/ actually discussed Twilight (at least the first one) when it came out and the consensus was that it wasn't that bad.
I remember some people thought it was a decent comfy movie.

Both the books and the movie are simply mediocre and their awfulness has been mostly exaggerated. They seem worse and invite criticism because fans take them too seriously and turned it into some kind of cult.

I'd choose Twilight if I had to pick between it and Hunger Games.
>>
>>67917810
ok.
>>
why do white men hate their own gender and race so much?

face it folks, it's not the jews or niggers or feminists bringing us down, it's our fifth column.
>>
>>67918047
>why do white men hate their own gender and race so much?
They have to share it with you.
>>
>>67918175
hello 2006, don't invest in real estate
>>
Why on Earth do supposed Feminist supporting men go and laud the most obviously sexist shit?

MovieBlob loved and defended Metroid Other M, a game about Samus needing her surrogate Daddy to tell her to do things and crying over bad guys she's killed 100 times.

Now this? I seem to remember the first wave of this internet Social Justice stuff absolutely raking Twilight over the coals for it's portrayal of dating and women.
How? How is this possible?
>>
>>67917423
They should go to school in Vancouver.
they could go to school literally 9/10 days a year without seeing the sun. They would be solid from November to March with the overcast and rain. It's all just location.
>>
>>67918047
Nigger here, it's great ain't it? I don't have to do shit, you white dudes are killing yourselves. All those self-congratulatory attaboys you pat on your backs are adding up and turning your spines to dust. I could be happier, but it'll do pigs, it'll do.
>>
>>67910855
I watched it with a girl. She made more fun of it than I did.
>>
>>67910855
I really truly hope that John Green dies. I hope he's burned alive by his wife's boyfriend.
>>
>>67918047
>white
>men

Pick one.
>>
>>67918978
i mean if i was black i'd love watching whitey cuck himself, but where do you expect to get the comforts of civilization if not from the west? whites built it, and when whites inevitably ruin it you're going to be out of luck just like the rest of us. it's not like the asians will open their arms to you when they rule the world. they're all open about hating niggers.
>>
File: vdf.png (11 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
vdf.png
11 KB, 211x246
>>67910855
What does 'misogynistic gender dynamics' mean?
>>
File: Contempt For Pleb.png (67 KB, 157x210) Image search: [Google]
Contempt For Pleb.png
67 KB, 157x210
>>67918785
The story is set just across the border, retard, in Washington State, specifically because it's overcast all the time there so they can go outside.

This is exactly one of those cases where people who don't know shit shouldn't sling shit, because they inevitably don't know shit from shit.
>>
>>67919101
>this faggot doesn't realize communism will take over when the West kills it's self

White """"people"""" like you will be in for a ride awakening, when based Kim Jong Un puts your unwashed ass up against the wall, senpai.
>>
>>67916402
>Stephanie Meyer dwarfed the success of Brown’s work with the Twilight series, selling over 120 million copies in less than seven years.

http://www.splicetoday.com/digital/fitting-in-means-reading-some-truly-awful-stuff

Not counting the movie sales, which have got to outpace the books exponentially, right?
>>
>>67919283
jesus australia at least try
>>
>>67919040
I'm praying that his wife's son (from another father) commits the act
>>
>>67913073
>>"Bro, tens of millions of people supported the confederacy, they can't all be wrong can they?"

They weren't wrong at all.
>>
>>67919196
Please, respond.
>>
>>67919421
shut up bigot
>>
>>67910855
I've seen Twilight, 50 Shades of Grey, etc. I sit through it just out of sheer interest as to what people may see it them.
>>
>>67910855
I only want know if KStew shows her feet in the movies.
>>
>>67916341
>>67919413
Back to /pol/, you fat NEETs.
>>
>>67919449
I want somebody to explain this. My English knowledge is limited. I can't get this 'gender dynamics' thing in the first place, let alone combine it with ahtred towards women.
>>
>>67919727
TUMBLR'S GONNA FREAK
>>
>it's a Twitter screencap thread
>>
>>67910855
Watched and Read 1st part.
Abysmal.
>>
>>67919864
it's this or capeshit, pick one and shut up
>>
>>67919738
>gender dynamics

How different genders interact with each other and themselves, in this case how those interactions take place in the film

>misogyny
hating women

So it's saying that the structure of the relationships in the stories are inherently misogynistic, because it portrays women as shitty layabouts who do nothing but fuck things up or act as eye candy while the men make all the decisions, including how the female characters live their life

I took a course that focused on Twilight in uni, specifically on the religious underpinnings
>>
>>67910855
You ever stretch out the skin of your ball sack real tight and push it down on a wooden table and then staple yourself down to it?

Well, then how do you know you wouldn't like it?
>>
>>67919894
I'd gladly take blacked and cunny spam over those
>>
>>67919895
So Mormonism has misogynistic gender dynamics?
>>
>>67919895
I think men serve as eye candy in this flick. Thanks for the answer.
>>
>>67919958
Yeah, the LDS church has big problems with basically any hit of women in an independent leadership role. Twilight is basically a lesson in how to be a good Mormon housewife who shuts her mouth and squirts out kids.

>>67920052
I meant that basically any woman other than Bella has her beauty exaggerated to the nines (Bella has hers played up, but by characters in the story instead of the narration), yet they almost never play an active role in decision making, just hanging around near the men who do the thinking for them. You could strip out every girl in the story, except maybe the one who sees the future (who could be replaced by a box of fortune cookies) and the story would be the same.
>>
>>67920136
I don't see how showing beautiful women in a movie is misogynist. It's actually just the other way around for me.
>>
>>67920234
It's not the presence or absence of women, or their beauty or lack thereof, that makes Twilight misogynist. It's that they are not characters, just cardboard cutouts scattered around the scenes. You can make a movie all about women and it can still be sexist, because the content and message is sexist.
>>
I watched the first one and actually didn't mind it apart from that absurd vampire baseball game. The second movie was total shit though so I never watched any of the rest.
>>
>>67920300
>just cardboard cutouts scattered around the scenes
So just beauty bait as always? Pretty normal. Well, not in USA I guess. I see now.
>>
>>67920454
It's common in American movies I'm nor American, but that doesn't mean that it's not misogynist or even good storytelling.
>>
>>67920521
>or even good storytelling
Man, it's just a diabetes-sweet entertainment for girls. Cute girls are included to keep the boys they force into the theatre awake. How retarded is that to call including BEAUTIFUL girls so men can enjoy their beauty misogynist? IT HAS ZERO GODDAMN SENCE!
>>
>have no internet for around two weeks
>watch all the twilight movies because the disc set is in the house im in
>first one isnt that bad
>overall there was about an hour of good shit in the entire series
>had a really good ending to the series until they pussied out of actually killing off characters
>>
Because this is an anonymous taiwanese sweat shop bulletin board, I feel safe posting this.

I've read all of the twilight books and seen all of the twilight movies.

It might be the first case in history where the books are actually worse than the movies.

The word "incredulous" is used over 4000 times.

And that's just the first book.

This is all considering that the movies are also fucking terrible.
>>
>>67912664

The Cuck-Readings here are off the chart.
>>
I think most people who hate on Twilight despite not having watched or read it do so simply because the people they know who love Twilight are retards. It's like My Little Pony. I'm sure if I ever watched it I wouldn't entirely hate the show, but everyone I know who loves it is an insufferable cunt so I hate it by proxy.

John Green is doing nothing to convince me this isn't the case.
>>
I've known people who liked Twilight and I wouldn't say it was because they were "comforted and inspired".
>>
File: islam beta.png (84 KB, 921x751) Image search: [Google]
islam beta.png
84 KB, 921x751
>>67910855
>>
>>67918047

>why do white men hate their own gender and race so much?

Marxism.
>>
File: hitch bike.jpg (250 KB, 1024x786) Image search: [Google]
hitch bike.jpg
250 KB, 1024x786
>>67910855

Typical weak Christian. B-b-but lots of people like it s-s-so you can't offend them! Pathetic.
>>
>>67922165
Lol that pic.
>>
>Twilight
Not even memeing: is this 2009 or what? Who still reads or watches Twilight?
>>
Whats with the pedowolf shit?

I could defend most of the shit in these shitty movies, but that I can't explain.
>>
John Green is a shit middle aged writer who only writes from the perspective of teenagers to give himself an easy out.
"My character doesn't understand figurative language? It's because he's a teenager and they're not expected to understand these things!" The same goes for math, science, etc.
He's a hack whose prose is absolute shit so he disguises it as being le quirky internet-savvy, super profound teen.
>>
>>67910855
Who's this beta NuMale?
>>
>>67910855
he's forbidden to hate Twilight becouse his books are for twilight fans.
>>
>>67914402
I watched it on the theater becouse i thought it would be an actual vampire movie.
i never came out of a movie so angry, felt completely cheated.
>>
>>67914492
Cause his books are ridiculously formulaic,even for the Teen Romance category which is just formulas already
Read three of his books (all of his books are in adolescent rehab) all of them went like
>shy smart and interesting boy meets wild crazy beautiful girl
>shy boy gains friend group through wild girl
>shy boy likes wild girl
>shy boy almost/one night hook up with girl
>wild girl disappears/dies
>shy boy mad he only almost hooked up with wild girl
>shy boy realizes that wild girl got him out of his shell and that was a better gift to him than pussy
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.