[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he an angel? Or just a being made of energy who could pick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: midnight-special.jpg (103 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
midnight-special.jpg
103 KB, 1280x720
Was he an angel? Or just a being made of energy who could pick up and influence radio waves and other radiation from a parallel dimension where the beings lived in huge strange structures just above our own reality and had been watching over humans?
>>
>>67910404
He was ET phone home
>>
>>67911851
no
>>
>>67910404
>Was he an angel? Or just a being made of energy who could pick up and influence radio waves and other radiation from a parallel dimension where the beings lived in huge strange structures just above our own reality and had been watching over humans?

What's the difference?
>>
>>67914223
They didn't have wings.
>>
Why isn't Warner expanding this at all? Its been out for almost 3 weeks and still in very limited release
>>
File: zod.jpg (127 KB, 680x478) Image search: [Google]
zod.jpg
127 KB, 680x478
>>67915338
Because it's the Superman movie we deserve but not the one we need right now
>>
>>67915294
>They didn't have wings.

Angels were never described as winged in the bible.
>>
>>67915544
>muh bible
>>
>>67915581

muh "muh"
>>
>>67915544
>only Christianity has angels
>>
>>67915544
I'm no Biblical Scholar, in fact I'm a fucking agnostic, but even I can tell you that the book of Revelations describes winged angels.
>>
Weird film
I'm a fan of Nichols and this is his worst by far. Maybe he couldn't handle the larger budget? IDK it looked sloppy, badly edited, full of weird screenwritting mistakes like "ok dad, you remeber how I couldn't be around during the day? the plot needs that to change, so it will change" and many shit like that.
Still, Michael Shannon, his partner, the kid and kirsten dunst gave great performances. But for the 30 something md it cost, it certainly looked cheap.
>>
>>67920535
It's an obvious allusion to fatherhood, you tit
>>
guys what happened when he reached "the spot" after kylo brought him back tfw I fell asleep
>>
>>67921004
elaborate, what you say doesn't make sense.
>>
File: le zod face.jpg (70 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
le zod face.jpg
70 KB, 1024x683
>>67921313
>he keeps Alton safe from the outside world (goggles, headphones, keeping him away from the sun) just like a baby is kept in a protective bubble in a house
>exposing him to the sun is thought to be dangerous and leads to an explosion but Alton is healthier than ever after that, just like a child growing up will initially fall sick outside the bubble but will soon grow strong
>the whole movie is about him letting his son go his own way and accepting that he is not like him, all the while keeping him safe from people that want to use or hurt him
>at the end we are reminded that despite being separated they still have a special connection
>>
File: Tomorrowland_film_69.jpg (2 MB, 4096x2160) Image search: [Google]
Tomorrowland_film_69.jpg
2 MB, 4096x2160
>>67921309
Basically this happened
>>
>>67921575
he protects him from his powers, the kid can't control them, they don't even understand what it is, that's good. then it changes, suddenly is not even a problem anymore because the fucking kid is untouchable and nothing makes sense anymore.
Theres no justification for alton to be healthier, it just happens because the kid says so.
That was never at stake, the stakes were they getting caught by the police or by the cult, and that was good too, but they solve it in a very lazy way.
>>
>>67921631
I missed a Raffeybot damn
>>
>>67921852
>suddenly is not even a problem anymore because the fucking kid is untouchable
I explained it clearly to you and you still don't get it.
>>
>>67921947
There's nothing to get. You are looking for complexity where there's just sloppiness.
>>
>>67922022
Really? A fatherhood story is too complex for you?
>>
>>67922063
It depends on the film. I this case, they don't make sense of fatherhood in any way. I don't get what you see in this mediocre tv looking film with very good performances of barely sketched characters.
>>
>>67922127
>I this case, they don't make sense of fatherhood in any way
It was very obvious to me (and to most people who saw it) that this was essentially a story about a father protecting his son, watching his grow up and then letting him go. And then I read that Nichols himself said that the movie grew out of the experience of being a father for the first time, and how the idea of the "watchers" evolved from how he would keep an eye on his baby through a baby monitor.
If this really seems like nonsense to you, maybe you're not the person who should be critiquing any movie at all.
>>
>>67910404
What is the difference?
>>
>>67910404
This was the best movie I've seen with Kryptonite, General Zod, and Superman in it in the last 15 days.
>>
>>67922252
Theres a dad a kid and there's some parenting issues but mostly because the fucking kid has superpowers. There's very few moments when making a film about something is attempted and its hit and miss. Most of the time it's just a bloated, cheap looking mess.
>>
>>67915544
some of them where, the seraphim have 7 pairs of wings, the rest look like kit-bash monsters
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.