[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This movie was good, are people retarded? I was gonna skip out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
This movie was good, are people retarded?

I was gonna skip out on it due to all the bad initial buzz, but everyone talking about it made me cave is so I watched a shitty camrip of it on putlocker . I really liked it, it was not AMAZING, but for capeshit, it was good. It has a well-written plot, and it was subtle in its delivery.

But maybe that's just me since I liked Man of Steel. It's not as good as the Dark Knight, but it's definitely one of the better Superhero flicks out there. Better than Deadpool desu, since it doesn't rely on cheap comedy to keep people entertained. It did something new with its story and went for the darker DC comics with a jaded Batman and a Superman on the brink of Injustice. I'm honestly gonna give it a watch in theatres to watch it in decent quality.

I can't believe people love Force Awakens, but hated BvS. Shit taste man, shit taste all around. What was /tv/'s veredict?
>>
reply to the post and youll get laid
>>
>>67908591
>I can't believe people love Force Awakens, but hated BvS.

Well, they're both gigantic piles of shit, you're right about that.
>>
>>67908591
Yes, people are retarded. People like you.

Stop looking garbage flicks you retarded person.
>>
>>67908672
It's not a bad flick dude. Not for capeshit. I don't get the hate.
>>
>>67908842
It's a fucking mess. The editing is all over the place for the first half.
>>
>>67909305
Yep. This movie wasn't the huge steaming pile of crap that some people claim, but it was a 7/10 at best. And that's coming from a DC bitch. I'm hyped for the extended bluray tho, hopefully it improves the experience.
>>
>Subtle in it's delivery

This is the exact reason most people didn't like it. They're retarded.
>>
>>67908591
People who hated it are very loud shitposters.
The polls don't lie.

DC Films present

DCinema Kinomatic Multiverse (tm)
http://strawpoll.me/7210768/r

Also, most of the complaints can be traced to lack of understanding of it, the discussions don't lie either.
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/67754364/
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/67879770/
Check those out for good info about the film anons have uncovered themselves.
>>
>>67909528
Fuck off, i liked the movie but you are the one making bad buzz with your fucking blogs.
>>
>>67909528
This too http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/67782223/

The flood scene in BvS made me go back and rematch MoS, because I've come to realize that the overt Christ imagery may not be as blindly "ham-fisted" as it appears at first glance.

I'm becoming aware that there are occasions in Snyder's films where it appears that what we're not seeing is even more important than what we are.

(Please don't think that I'm being ironically pretentious or over-analytical. I'm going somewhere with this.)

In the flood scene, he first shows us a view of the family on the rooftop with their painted Superman symbol. It then cuts to a shot from their point of view where we see Superman hovering, silhouetted by the sun. At first, it would seem obvious that we're supposed to see Superman in the same light that the family does - as a saviour, a god; however, what doesn't appear in that shot is what Superman sees. What he's looking at is a family that basically drew a "magic symbol" and are now reaching out beseechingly for the man in the sky to save them.

>In MoS's church scene. He goes to seek counsel from a man of the cloth regarding the course of action he should take concerning Zod. He's in a church. One would be hard pressed to find a camera angle that doesn't include religious imagery of some sort or another. What we're given, though, is the Priest's point of view, seeing Clark with an image of Jesus in the background.

That's twice when we see Clark from a "common man's" point of view where Clark is framed with religious imagery. I believe Snyder isn't trying to drive home the point that Superman is a stand-in for God. I believe he's trying to make us see that the people in the story see him as such. What is it that gives Clark God-like power again? Our environment, right? In other words, we're watching a story of a man struggling to be accepted as just a man when his own nature and environment conspire to make him seem like a god.
>>
>>67908591
>but for capeshit

but that movie is capekino
>>
>>67909736
>67790379
>>
>>67909772
>>67790379

two you idiot
>>
>>67908591
it has a well written plot?
>kidnap superman's mom
>hook batman up w/ kryptonite
>have them fight so luthor can... something
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.