[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A nigger?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (4 KB, 243x192) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 KB, 243x192
A nigger?
>>
File: shining cook.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
shining cook.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
A nigger cock.
>>
>>67900216
Was Lloyd the devil?

Why was Jack angrily throwing his tennis ball against the Indian Art?

Was everything that happened all because it was built on an ancient Indian Burial ground?

Is the Overlook Hotel a gateway to Hell?

Is the Overlook Hotel alive?

Was Jack always at the Hotel?

Didn't he fail his 'mission'?

What was Wendy's problem?

What was 'Tony'?

Was it possession or reincarnation?
>>
>>67900372
I wonder if this movie is just incoherent nonsense but people pretend to 'get it' so they'll appear as well read or something.
>>
>>67900415
Personally, I think there's no real "getting", and I think it is just a bunch of nonsense. Kubrick just threw in as much as he can to make the film feel haunting, and it worked.

>lloyd looks like devil
>ancient indian burial ground
>laughing witches
>bear sucking mans cock
>the hotel has powers
>stupid insane kid
>HURR DURR BLOOD EVERYWHUR

Really, the novel is about alcoholism.
>>
>>67900415
What's to get? It's as straight-forward as it comes. Only try-hard conspiracy theorists try to see things that aren't there.
>>
Silent Hill really ripped of this movie, it just replaced The Hotel with a city.
>>
>>67900560
>>67900525
>>67900415
But if I had to guess, it would be something like

>The Hotel was built on the blood of Indians
>Cursed site forever
>It's built, Delbert Grady and Jack Torrence are caretakers
>Delbert "corrects" his family, later dies
>Is in the Hotel forever now
>The old Jack Torrence, who we see at the end of the movie in the photograph, probably did some horrorfic shit to his family too
>Charles Grady becomes caretaker in 1970
>Chops his family up
>10 years later, New Jack Torrence takes the caretaker role
>His Son is already possessed by spirit this time, Tony (who's good)
>They go to Overlook Hotel
>The spirits try to take over Jack so he can redo his massacre
>Tony protects Danny and Wendy
>They escape
>Jack can never escape though, he dies in the Hotel again

Jack had the chance, but sold his soul to the devil for a drink
>"I would sell my soul for a beer right now"
>"... It's good to see you, Mr Torrence"
>>
part of the problem with figuring the real meaning of this shit as a splerg is the whole "well are ghosts actually real in universe or not".
>>
IT'S JESUS
>>
>>67900890
Pretty much this. The way Dick describes the shining, it's hard to tell if there are literally spirits in there, or mere reflections of consciousnesses, being played back as images.

I'd assume the ghosts are real though.
>>
>mfw

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3385488/stephen-kings-shining-sequel-doctor-sleep-getting-feature-film-adaptation/

http://screenrant.com/shining-movie-sequel-doctor-sleep-writer/

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/doctor-sleep-the-shining-sequel-from-stephen-king-set-for-movie-adaptation-a6967666.html
>>
>>67901198
Raimi, Fincher, or bust

I'd say Raimi
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.