[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Big Bang Theory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Capture.png (253 KB, 650x347) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
253 KB, 650x347
I'm genuinely curious on why people think the Big Bang Theory is bad and was it ever good in the first place
>>
>every joke is based around how LOL NERDY the characters are
>most of the things they discuss are not that nerdy and things normies know of like comic books
>laugh track over every single line to try and trick normies into thinking it's funny
>>
It's just a generic sitcom with "lol nerds" for its gimick.
>>
>>67894934
It's shit and was never good. It's unfunny, overuses laugh tracks, misrepresents the whole "nerd" thing as if it was written by somebody who only had a vague idea of what one was instead being one or knowing one, plot has devolved to milking relationship bullshit for easy episodes and easy cash (not that there was much there to start with), etc. I could keep going on but it's not worth it.
>>
it was good when I was 14 and season 1 had just aired
>>
>>67894934
Bazinga!!!!
>>
>it's the #1 most watched show in America
What the fuck is wrong with Americans
>>
File: sheldon.jpg (144 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
sheldon.jpg
144 KB, 1280x1024
who will play him in the inevitable biopic?
>>
It's just kind of condescending drivel that postures itself as genuine.
All the humor is just scifi references mixed in with some sex jokes and emasculation jokes.
The whole premise of the show has also been destroyed at this point, the nerds that are romantically hopeless shut-ins all manage to have girlfriends and active social lives.
Even the autistic main character that can't understand even the most rudimentary of social cues and is even played by a gay man manages to have a steady girlfriend.
What's even the point at this stage?
It would be like if Ray from Everyone Loves Raymond suddenly stopped having disagreements with his wife and just had a chill home life.
It would be like if Basil Fawlty was actually able to run a successful hotel and didn't have any outbursts.
>>
howards haircut is so bad
>>
>>67894934

Tbh would the general public watch a sitcom about actual shut in nerds? I mean the people that no one in school liked and got picked on so mercilessly that their social skills never developed. I guess not, normies don't want to be reminded of how destructive their behaviour can be, must be why they hijacked "nerd" culture so they can pretend the bullying didn't initially stem from people having these interests.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.