[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>when you want to go watch BvS so you understand new /tv/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 480x454
>when you want to go watch BvS so you understand new /tv/ memes and can participate in conversations but you're scared the ticket guy will think you're a manchild normie who unironically enjoys the newest capekino
>>
My theater has a no singles policy for major showings so I'm not even going to bother.
>>
File: foolish.png (153 KB, 299x299) Image search: [Google]
foolish.png
153 KB, 299x299
>caring about other people think
>>
>>67893529
I work at a cinema, we don't give a fuck.

Unless you're seeing London Has Fallen, then I assume you're a top lad
>>
>>67893529

Hopefully it's some hottie working the booth laughing at how pathetic you are for wanting to watch men in capes fight each other.
>>
>not watching the shitty cam version
pleb
>>
>>67893560
i'm pretty new here and i googled and all but is this like for srs a thing somewhere? do people really hate loners that much? it has to be a meme right?
>>
>>67893529
>caring about what someone thinks who's not going to remember you a day later
>>
>>67893738
It was a big issue a few years ago what with the threat of theatre shootings and the like in America. In order to keep out antisocial and potentially volatile individuals they implemented a no singles policy. You could bring a friend of course, it's just to prove you aren't maladjusted and therefore not likely to be a creep. It doesn't entirely hold up given that Columbine was two shooters of course, but if you have to go in twos, then there will always be two sales rather than one. Couple that with the rule that you can't book seats only one away from the next couple, and you guarantee a capacity fill. Safer and more lucrative.
>>
>>67893738
My cinema is on social media and likes to take photos of happy movie-goers. There's a picture of a guy who went alone on there that says:
>Caught this fellow going to the new Batman all on his own! At least he wasn't dressed as the joker! Please keep in mind that we operate a strict no singles policy.
>>
>>67895059
That pisses me off so much, just leave the fucking dude alone
>>
>>67895059
wow that's mean af desu did they show his face? i have a few friends but they aren't big movie fans so i get them to go like maybe 2-3 times a year

>>67894984
wouldn't you with that logic expel all lonely bullied kids from school because they aren't fit for society and potential shooters

i kind of get the no singles in parks because some pedo might pick up kids in a park but not letting people to go watch shit kino because they aren't cool kids is overreacting imo
>>
>>67895264
At the end of the day companies exist to make money and have no moral obligation. They clientele they want is normies, and they know how to get them. They don't want to have to even see the average /tv/ dweller, and the movie industry is only too happy to oblige. Of course, there's an obvious way to redress that balance.
>>
>>67895355
I guess. i find it hard to believe not letting customers willing to pay is good business. like idk do normie hate neets so much they won't even go to the same movie theatre?
>>
>>67897030
With the fearmongering after TDKR, general paranoia about terrorism and so on, people are much quicker to think the worst. Now, NEETs have gone to something beneath contempt to something that might actually pose a dangerous threat. Loners, outsiders and weirdos has always been the narrative, and denying certain people is proven to be a good model because people want to be among their own kind. Say you go to certain nightclubs - everyone will be well-dressed and attractive. They go to these clubs, see everyone else is the same way and then next time they bring all their friends too.
>>
>>67893529
The only worthwhile meme to come from BvS is that it's a good movie. That's more of a ruse though.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 456x320
>when you notice you accidentally got ticket for 3d version

JUST
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.