[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't they just get a real old guy? Everything else
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Guy-pearce-prometheus-2012.jpg (126 KB, 600x366) Image search: [Google]
Guy-pearce-prometheus-2012.jpg
126 KB, 600x366
Why didn't they just get a real old guy? Everything else in this movie looks amazing and this really lets it down a little.
>>
>>67892658
There was a whole sequence filmed with Guy Pearce when he's young and telling everybody about his desire to go to space during a TedTalk, but it was cut from the final film.
>>
>>67892689
Still could've cast an old guy for the old parts. Why get Guy Pearce anyway?
>>
>>67892658

This movie was terrible. Why didn't they come up with a coherent writer for starters.
>>
>>67892689

In addition to a bunch of viral clips about the company featuring him and his gaysexbot
>>
>>67892658
Bicentennial Man had more convincing old people makeup, and it came out in the fucking 90's
>>
I honestly thought he had some sort of weird disease or that's just what you started to look like when you took life extending drugs.
>>
the point was they wanted him to look really old, like 200 years old, so they put him in unsettling amounts of make up
>>
It's not bad makeup. It's the freshly skinned face of Tony Scott.
>>
>>67893290
>When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not
>>
This movie is like a uneducated white girl with 10/10 aesthetics. Absolutely retarded but looks beautiful.
>>
>>67892658

I honestly thought it was meant to highlight that he's been attempting to stave off death for so long in so many ways, experimental or otherwise, that he looks rather unnatural.

It's still how I justify it.
>>
>>67895910
>a uneducated
>calls other things retarded
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.