[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Avatar Quadrilogy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 12
File: AvatarSequels.png (525 KB, 684x498) Image search: [Google]
525 KB, 684x498
Why does he have to waste his career on an extra 3 sequels that so many don't care about?

We are all too busy right now with Star Wars, capekinos etc; not to mention there has hardly been any good recent horror/thriller flicks which would suit Cameron well to make something along the lines of that genre and enough of this Avatar nonsense.

Yes the first one was a marvelous splendid hit, but so many of us just do not care with seeing a sequel (definitely not 3 sequels).
>>
>>67891840
Maybe he genuinely has some interesting ideas for the sequels that he's passionate about. Maybe he just want money before he retires
>>
>>67891840
trash
>>
When was the last time anyone watched Avatar?
>>
>>67892524
I watch it every month or so.
>>
>>67891880

so, let's spin some ideas for the three sequels.

Avatar 2: Humanity tries to take over Pandora again and almost succeeds (again)

Avatar 3: the Pandorans build a bunch of fluffy eco-friendly spaceships with FTL and visit Earth to spread happiness, love and more bunnies (cf Dungeon Keeper II). their message is rejected.

Avatar 4: humans steal the Pandoran's FTL and go back to Pandora and rape it with nukes.

the end.
>>
>>67892550
wow really?
>>
>the return of abatap

Yes, please
>>
>>67892524
Actually I think I probably enjoy Avatar a little more than The Force Awakens. I'm really curious to see what direction both franchises go in.
>>
File: 1235236.png (54 KB, 888x469) Image search: [Google]
1235236.png
54 KB, 888x469
So Cameron based Avatar off a 1998 game? (Considering he began pre production in 1997).
>>
File: 95VGt4f.jpg (185 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
95VGt4f.jpg
185 KB, 600x450
>>67891840
>>
>>67891840
TORUK MAKTO!
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>67892601
You dumb?
>Avatar 1: Forrest World - human aggressors
>Avatar 2: Water World - human aggressors
>Avatar 3: Sky World - new alien aggressors
>Avatar 4: Earth - new alien aggressors, mutual friends with old Aliens

It's classic storytelling.
>>
File: 127295430293.jpg (375 KB, 816x880) Image search: [Google]
127295430293.jpg
375 KB, 816x880
>>67891840
>Yes the first one was a marvelous splendid hit
Get the fuck out of my /tv/.
>>
>>67891840
>makes left leaning cookie cutter story mafe specifically to be inoffensive to the widest majority of cucks
>uses cool new tech as the sales pitch and people buy it

>decides to make sequel when the only reason people watched th first one was the dicking tech
>>
Back then we were in the heart of the 3d meme hurricane and there were no other movies to discuss at the time. The next 3 movies won't make 1/5th of what the first one made. Nobody cares in the era of capeshit.
>>
Avatar 2 - The Earth's military lands on Pandora with high-tech war machinery and an army of cybernetic soldiers aka Terminators. It's a brutal war and the Na'vi are massacred. They push the Na'Vi to the brink of extinction and in their desperation the Na'Vi decide to use an ancient threat locked away by their ancestors. The final scene of Avatar 2 would be them breaking into an ancient chamber, the floor covered in eggs, camera does a slow pan up to reveal an Alien Queen. She roars. Cut to black.

>Avatar 3
>Alien facehuggers attach themselves to Pandora animals and we get to see completely new versions that are bigger and deadlier
>new Aliens massacre everything they find, including the Na'vi
>the humans with the help of the Terminators manage to hold them back but their position changed from an offensive one to a defensive one
>the Alien numbers grow out of control and the Na'vi can't defend against them any longer
>humans are close to going down as well
>humans and Na'vi team up
>a huge war devours the planet
>the final shot will be outside the orbit of Pandora
>a spaceship approaches but it doesn't look like something humans would build
>it becomes invisible
>fade to black

>Avatar 4
>$4billion box office

Are you ready?
>>
>>67891840

I need more tight blue cat lady booty

shut the fuck up and let it happen
>>
File: daggy.png (603 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
daggy.png
603 KB, 630x630
>>67893820

literally me on the right
>>
>>67893820
But sigurney is ded :(
>>
>less than a decade since Avatar came out
>normies don't even remember it
>>
Why do we need 4 movies about Pocahontas in Space?

Unless they bring this guy back and give him a bigger role.
>>
File: 16103_full[1].jpg (215 KB, 800x779) Image search: [Google]
16103_full[1].jpg
215 KB, 800x779
>>67893172
no he based it on pocahontas
>>
>>67893941

She became one with Eywa

In Avatar 2, Eywa r uses Sigurney's knowledge to create a 'human' Avatar of her own which will be born at the tree of souls, which will appear like and have a personality similar to Sigurney.

This human avatar will be taken into custody and returned to earth, where Eywa will eventually implant herself and attempt to 'heal' the planet.

A runaway infestation of alien lifeforms prompts a team to return to pandora and seek the Na'vi out to bring representatives to earth to talk Eywa out of fucking everythings shit up, but instead they join in the invasion and forced pandoraforming of Earth.

A cult begins where humans use neural interface technology to similate the Na'vi link, to join with alien lifeforms.

TL:DR Avatar 2: Pandora Strikes Back and Sigurney is Darth Vader
>>
It seems like such a misguided decision, to put so much stake in all this in one go. What if no one cares? I don't care, and I doubt very many people do. It might end up even more of an embarrassment than Batman V Superman.

That first trailer had better be something monumentally amazing
>>
>>67894199

Normies love avatar. Nobody cares what you faggots think.
>>
File: 1454348379133.jpg (40 KB, 700x479) Image search: [Google]
1454348379133.jpg
40 KB, 700x479
>reddit tweebs hating on based Jim

James Cameron is greatest and most important film maker that has ever lived.
>>
watching Jim waste the end of his career on sequels to a piece of shit flick is pretty soul-crushing to be frank
>>
>>67891840
PLOT LEAKS WHERE?
>>
>>67894384
He is going to revolutionize the medium more than its ever been changed before. Its going to be like life before and after electricity was invented, the change will be that seismic.
>>
>>67894384

Avatar 3 will be the first fully-immersive VR cinema experience.

James Cameron will deliver the future to you with his dying breath.
>>
>highest grossing movie x brand recognition x pic related
Star wars is finished
disney should've bought Avatar
>>
File: 1435831509813.jpg (162 KB, 1304x640) Image search: [Google]
1435831509813.jpg
162 KB, 1304x640
>>67893916
Me in the middle
>>
>>67894538
avatar 4 is realer than real life and actually teleports the viewer to pandora
>>
>>67892524
I watch it once or twice every year
>>
>>67893172
A technologically superior faction being assaulted by noble savages because the savages want to protect their land from being destroyed in search of resources is a tale older than time, m80
>>
>>67891840
>Why does he have to waste his career on an extra 3 sequels that so many don't care about?
because Avatar became the highest grossing flick of all time, the reason is always the almighty dollar. It is indeed sad that he is wasting his time on space smurfs.
>>
>>67894668
>Avatar 4 is a codename for spaceships capable of FTL that take viewers to real life Pandora
Based Jim
>>
>>67894026
They already confirmed they are. Cameron considers him his own Darth Vader.
>>
>>67894952
this desu senpai
>>
>>67893122
Im pretty excited for the underwater stuff since thats what everything has been leaning towards. Imagine if 70% of the sequel is underwater?
>>
Any chance of Arnie being in one of the sequels?
>>
>>67895357
no, when Arnie came back to acting a few years ago there were rumors of him having a role in the Avatar sequels but Cameron said in an interview that he doesn't see a role for Arnie in the movies. Which is a shame, it would have given me a reason to watch these flicks at least.
>>
>>67896229
He can't cast Arnie as some Earthling General or Admiral? Bullshit. You can bet your ass there's going to be at least one such character in the sequels.
>>
Avatar 4 would just be Col. Quarritch Earth Adventures.
>>
>>67897042

I think Cameron realizes if he put Arnold in the movie it would become more about him than everything else, just too much charisma/star power.

It's almost similar to what happened with Independence Day 2, when Will Smith said he couldn't come back the writers were relieved since it meant they could flesh out the cast better without having to focus on him lol test flight crash
>>
>>67893293

Sorry, I forgot this was a Marvel board.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.