[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've just now heard that JewJew isn't directing the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: 1450262905804.jpg (228 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1450262905804.jpg
228 KB, 2000x1000
I've just now heard that JewJew isn't directing the next films.
This was the best SW film since Empire, why the fuck are they doing this?
>>
>>67889095

Fuck OFF.
>>
I imagine directing all 3 would really take its toll on one's health.
>>
They don't want the director to have the power, they don't want another George Lucas where Star Wars fanboy associate "this" director as the new head director of Star Wars

MOney mostly
>>
The Rian Johnson one is the only part of this series I'm looking forward to. JJ made a competent blockbuster that was way too beholden to fan service and nostalgia to actually do anything particularly interesting. If there was to be an actually good movie in this series it will be the second one.
>>
They're ripping off the original trilogy so hard that they even have a different director for every episode.
>>
>>67889095
They wanted to recreate the OT experience, where all 3 movies have different directors. And JJ is a rich as fuck producer who has his hand in 1,000 different pies. He doesn't want to be shackled to Star Wars while he's in his directorial prime.
>>
>>67889095
It's a good thing that he goes.
This way, when the new movie is released, /tv/ will be able say that the new director is even shittier than JJ Abrams.
>>
Has there ever been a director more lacking in passion than JJ?
>>
SW7 is the worst one so far and I never want see the others because of it. Hobbit tier shit.
>>
>>67889244
Nice meme. Maybe /tv/ will finally accept you.
>>
>>67889239
Post-OT George.
>>
File: 1458678731160.webm (2 MB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
1458678731160.webm
2 MB, 1280x536
Our girl will carry the films
>>
>>67890234
How were prequels not a work of passion?
>>
>>67889095

Must suck knowing a JEW is a master of directing your little fag science fiction shit. but jews are the masters of the world aren't they.
>>
>>67891571
It's obvious he only made those films to make a bazillion bucks and see what his new computers can do.
>>
>>67889095
Kasdan is responsible for anything that made it good. He's a Jew too but he's not a cuck. And Sith and Jedi were better.
>>
File: 1458808430722.webm (3 MB, 720x302) Image search: [Google]
1458808430722.webm
3 MB, 720x302
>>67891165
and our boy
>>
>>67891688
And some other guy actually wrote the outline. All JJ did was turn the storm trooper into a nigger.
>>
>>67889095

I wonder what is next classic franchise he will ruin. Death Wish? Dirty Harry? Rambo?
>>
>>67891733
and added another death star
>>
>>67891665
>see what his new computers could do
Thats more passion than remaking a movie word for word like JarJar Abrams
>>
>>67891624
>starwars
>science fiction
future fantasy
>>
>>67891571
oh i think ET and Indy making appearances indicate the tone Lucas was going for.
>>
File: 1458724213320.webm (3 MB, 1280x532) Image search: [Google]
1458724213320.webm
3 MB, 1280x532
>>67891716
Kylo was fucking perfect, can't wait to see where they'll take him next.
>>
>>67891752
That shit was really out of place. Starkiller kills 6 planets, no one cares and the Rebels just figure out a way to destroy it easily.
The first bits were great until the Falcon shoehorn.
This trilogy might be cool if it was Luke instead of Han and they get a new plot mcguffin.
>>
>>67891716

lol i'm so glad I didn't watch this movie. Is he going to be in the next avengers movie?
>>
>>67889095
why? damn!!
>>
>>67889095
>This was the best SW film
Kill urself
You have no other purpose in this life
>>
>>67889095
If Lucas isn't directing JJ is the only one that can pull off a good Star Wars movie.
>>
File: based.jpg (52 KB, 765x415) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
52 KB, 765x415
>>67889095
Where were you when based JJ Abrams became the most recognized and influential director in Hollywood?

Masterpiece after masterpiece, he's consistently demonstrated his keen eye for cinematic perfection. This is no ordinary director. No, this kind of director only comes once in one hundred years. This century's Andrei Tarkovsky, JJ Abrams will usher in a new of age of film-making. Revolutionary in spirit, breathtaking in scope, JJ has his sights set on greatness. The bar has never been set so high.

Hold on to your hats, boys. This is only the beginning.

JJ "Kino ist mein life" Abrams
>>
>>67892131
Might want to read the next two words before sperging out.
>>
Disney fucked up

They should have handed VII to James Gunn

It could have been a quipfriendly but way more creative movie
>>
>>67891165
shes so adorable. I've got to watch this thing!
>>
>>67889171
You copying stuff you read without knowing what it means? Feels like it
>>
>>67889239
>lacking in passion
He has countless interviews stating why he is glad to direct Star Wars and what the films lost after OT. A lack of passion is not what caused the new movie to be only okay
>>
>>67889144
But Lucas didn't direct Empire or Jedi. Essentially Star Wars has always been a producer-driven series with Lucas acting as showrunner. Now Kennedy is essentially the producer that manages the entire trilogy, while JJ set all the precedents for the new trilogy by handling the rebootquel and casting, and they broke the general story of the trilogy. JJ is good for reinvigorating franchises, but as he showed with Into Wrath of Khan, he shouldn't do sequels to his own movies. So I think the decision to bring in new writer-directors for the sequels was a great idea.

I don't really think it's about "fanboy" associations, I think it's about avoiding creative drain. Empire was the best film in the franchise and it also happened to be the one where the non-producer director and non-producer writers had the most creative control. They were following outlines provided by Lucas, and Rian Johnson is following outlines provided by Kennedy and Abrams and Kasdan, but they still have their own "fresh eyes" to bring to the project to keep things from going stale. Lucasfilm and their Disney overlords have essentially perfected the formula for maximizing creative development to allow the right kind of creative freedom within a studio tentpole production.
>>
>>67893672
Don't worry.

Expect a tonal shift, change of pace, and complete recharacterisations of some of the cast by the next film.
>>
>>67891926
He's one of the few good things about this movie. A majority of the rest is just trash.
>>
>>67893672
This scares me as the story of 7 was flawed as all hell. They wanted to retell Episode 4 and create a film with Han Solo as the main character. That's why everything was rushed with no character development outside Han.
>>
>>67893884
Literally everything but the rehashed plot was great.
>>
>>67893208
Are you implying that Episode 7 wasn't 2 hours of fan service nostalgia bait?
>>
>>67893846
>Stop, invincible franchise
>>
>>67893935
they wanted to do too much things at once. Han Solo and his son, a stormie renegade, a mysterious girl, a superweapon, a map to Luke Skywalker.
Hopefully they sort it out and give Rey a bigger focus next time.
>>
>>67894028
I wouldn't say everything but the plot. I personally didn't like Rey, she just had a bland personality. If they fleshed her out to be more then maybe it wouldn't be so bad, but otherwise she's nothing more than a cute girl.
>>
>>67889239
Nope. His floor is higher than just about any mainstream director these days, but his ceiling is probably the lowest as well. Just the perfect tool for the Jews upstairs.
>>
>>67893846
Ahhh.... Just go ahead and re characterize everyone
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.