[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never watched Star Wars. Have seen clips here and there and know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: images(6).png (5 KB, 289x174) Image search: [Google]
images(6).png
5 KB, 289x174
Never watched Star Wars. Have seen clips here and there and know the storyline (of the original trilogy atleast). My question is, should I watch them? Are they worth the watch?
>>
>>67887446
literally who has never watched star wars
>>
>>67887446
It's not going to be the same as if you watched them as a kid, but you might have fun.

Watch it in this order:
Star Wars '77 > The Empire Strikes Back > Return of the Jedi
Maybe watch The Force Awakens afterwards.

Don't watch The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, or Revenge of the Sith.
>>
>>67887526
Don't listen to this Pleb.

Watch it as such: Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith, The Force Awakens, Empire strikes Back, The Phantom Menace, A New Hope, Rewatche the Phantom Menace, then finally watch Return of the Jedi.

Patrician order.
>>
>>67887446
everyone who has ever watched a movie should at least watch the original star wars. it completely changed film making forever. its one of the most important movies ever made. it didn't just change film making. it changed the world, for better or for worse. so FUCK YES YOU SHOULD WATCH STAR WARS. WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF QUESTION IS THIS???
>>
>>67887446
watch them in this order

The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
The Revenge of the Sith
A New Hope
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens

That way the quality will slowly increase. You can skip force awakens though. Doesn't really add anything new or interesting.
>>
>>67887446
judging by the average fanbase, no.
>>
>>67887654
This, except force awakens is fine
>>
>>67887446
If you didn't see Star Wars as a kid there's honestly no point, but if you must watch them, always, ALWAYS go in release order. That's how they're meant to be viewed, anyone who claims otherwise is an idiot.
>>
>>67887446
SUGGESTED WATCH ORDER:
>4>5>2>3>6>7

>You can watch 1 before 2, but it's not necessary. >Watching in this order is best because if you jump right from Empire to Jedi, you're ending on a low-note. If you jump from RotS to Jedi, you're ending on a hight note.
>It also tells Lukes story in 4 and 5, Anakin's story in 2 and 3, and then it's all resolved between both characters in 6.

And yes. You should watch them.

>>67887654
Ignore this jabroni. Watching it in that order forces you to have to watch like 8 fucking hours of horseshit before you see anything worth watching.
>>
>>67887815
This.
The 4/5/2/3/6/7 order is very good.
>>
just watch a new hope, the rest is meh
>>
>>67887446
Watch in release order

4 5 6 aren't that special, 1 is weird but cute. 2 and 3 are absolute kinography
>>
>>67887446
Suggested watch order:
6>3>1>7>5>2>4

Drop acid beforehand
>>
4-5-1-2-3-6-7

Congratulations, you spent a day of your life watching 6 shitty movies and 1 excellent
>>
>>67887446
Yes, just for the fact that it's so ingrained into our society and is talked about in all sorts of media and social circles just to get the references and to be able to talk about it with normies and hardcore nerds alike.
>>
Nah, watch them in the chronological order. Fuck the OTfags. You lose a lot of suspense and stuff regarding the Jedi order
>>
>>67889488
>Yes, just for the fact that it's so ingrained into our society and is talked about in all sorts of media and social circles just to get the references and to be able to talk about it with normies and hardcore nerds alike
As said in the OP, that´s way I know the storyline of them all ready. I´ve seen so many clips and references that I basically know everything.
>is it worth the watch just for the cinematic experience
Is what I´m asking.
>>
>>67887446
Just watch them in release order like 90% of sane people
>>
>>67887526
>>67887606
>>67887654
>>67887780
>>67887815
>>67888134
>>67889253
>>67889351
>>67889392
>>67889936
>>67890654

ANH
first half of ESB
TPM (apart from final fight)
second half of ESB
Wrath of Khan
TPM final fight
ANH again
ROTS and ROTJ simultaneously (requires two video recorders and two TVs)
Battlestar Galactica (mini series)
AOTC (skip all scenes featuring droids or women)
Freddy Got Fingered
ANH
>>
>>67890816
Kek
>>
>>67890816
........ what
>>
>>67887446
I think they're worth watching for their cultural significance if nothing else. The original trilogy at least.

I actually really enjoy the prequels but they're kind of hard to recommend to anyone. I think it's worth getting through them because they do give you a certain appreciation for the OT and the story as a whole.

If you do decide to watch the prequels, absolutely go chronological order. For a first time viewing 1-7 is the way to go (you can give TFA a miss though).
>>
>>67890816
>Wrath of Khan

kek
>>
>>67890816
my sides
>>
>>67890816
duuude…golden
>>
Try the machette thing:
4 - 5 - 2 - 3 -6 - 7
Watch the fifth, then the 2nd and third as a flashback, then back to the series
>>
>>67887446

Not really at this point no. The first three were satisfying. After that it's just a pile of shit.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.