[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that the finale
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: pissingourpantsyet.jpg (36 KB, 529x352) Image search: [Google]
pissingourpantsyet.jpg
36 KB, 529x352
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that the finale was incredibly tense and Negan was perfect. BUT, the cliffhanger was total bullshit and 701 needs to be a special kind of amazing to make up for it?
>>
>>67885405
I'm probably not even going to watch it. The cliffhanger killed the suspense and anticipation. Now, who honestly gives a shit and who is going to care who he killed? Even the normies think this was a stupid fucking idea. Who approved this decision? A team of intelligent people at one point gathered and had to make this decision.
>>
>>67885741

>The cliffhanger killed the suspense and anticipation.

This is what I hate, they could literally recreate the scene at the start of season 7 from another angle but it still doesn't change the fact it's months later and all the atmosphere of the moment is gone. It's going to go from "holy shit" to "oh finally, so that's who was killed".
>>
>>67885405

The only way to make up for this is to kill Maggie off and have Glenn move to Hilltop.
>>
What's your list guys? What would in your eyes make up for it?
Ofcourse we all know it will be Aaron but just to know what you guys would be okay with.

Never happening Tier
>Rick, Carl
God Tier
>Daryl, Glenn, Michonne
Good Tier
>Abraham, Maggie, Sasha
Meh Tier
>Rosita, Eugene
Absolute garbage Tier
>Aaron
>>
Notice how the show kept showing the POV of someone inside the van briefly? I doubt they did that for no reason.

It means it's probably Daryl.
>>
File: Screw.jpg (10 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
Screw.jpg
10 KB, 275x183
Negan is finally shown
>Screw screwedy screw screw screw
Rick and the gang are terrified, threatened and outnumbered by Negan
>I'm screwing mad. Screw screw.
Rick begins to fear for the group's lives, he's never met someone as threatening as Negan
>Screwing screw!
The group is lined up as Negan contemplates
>Screwedy screw screw motherdick screw!

Could be the last time I post this shit. I told you they'd fuck him up completely.
>>
>>67885851

>Aaron

I swear if they do that I'm going to reeee so badly, it would be the most pussiest cop out in TV history.
>>
>>67885872
The POV has Daryl's hair in front of him. It's Glenn.
>>
>>67885899
>pee pee city

what did he mean by this?

why was this allowed?
>>
>>67885899

Sometimes I wonder why AMC even decided to go with the show in the first place, seems like it would have been just better suited on Netflix or something.
>>
episode was shit, negan looked like shit, cliffhanger was perfect for the shitshow
>>
>>67885990

He actually says it in the comics, what a badass.
>>
File: getout.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
getout.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>67886057
>>
>>67886091
I actually found that bit too be a little cringeworthy in an otherwise stellar speech.

>>67885899
>>67885998
I don't really think the constant f*cks would work on tv. It would just look ridiculous desu.
>>
no it was shit

you would have liked any Negan they put in front of you just the same, reddit
>>
>>67886111
not bait, truth

lazy finale juxtaposed with an overdesigned negan that looked like a fucking bobblehead and talked like a faggot

could've replaced the bat with a katana
>>
great episode up until the ending

if the rest of the episode was shit but the ending was great no one would be bitching ironically
>>
File: hxZTlIC.jpg (111 KB, 1106x695) Image search: [Google]
hxZTlIC.jpg
111 KB, 1106x695
They havent even told the cast who's dying yet you reddit detective shitheads

stop trying to be detectives, youre all just dumbfucks.
>>
>>67886237

I actually believe this, they probably want to check out the fan reactions online and see which character they can 'afford' to kill.

Whatever the reasons, it's going to go down in tv history as one of the worst cliffhangers/decisions of all time.
>>
File: lightenup.jpg (412 KB, 1160x655) Image search: [Google]
lightenup.jpg
412 KB, 1160x655
>>67885405
Yeah. I knew 10000 neckbeards would shriek not muh when they went with grizzly older negan. I think it's fun. They better show the death in full detail. Need to see a shot of him smiling his face off while Lucille tears Glenn's face off.
>>
>>67886237
Whats this pic from?
>>
Anyone else annoyed by the fact that lucille was completely clean and shiny? With all the pics in the first base you would assume there would be some blood and bits on it.
>>
Nothing against JDM, but they already did the psycho boss-villain with The Governor. I was bored of this shit three years ago.
>>
>>67885405
The intensity made it worse desu
>>
>>67886329
Boston bomber says google.
>>
>Impossiblee
Rick
Carl

>Unlikely
Maggie
Abraham
Sasha

>Possible
Eugene
Aaron
Rosita
Michonne

>Likely
Daryl
Glenn

Rick won't die because he's the main character. Carl is just as safe as Rick because the comics seem to be moving towards Carl becoming the main character.

Maggie is going to take over Hilltop shortly and she's pregnant. Abraham's death scene has already happened and it'd be pointless to delay his death by 2/3 episodes with no extra character development. Not only that but Kekman said he regrets killing Abraham and wants him to be around for All Out War in Season 8. Sasha being built up as the new Andrea and her relationship with Abraham hasn't even started yet.

Eugene gave Rick the bullet recipe but that could just as easily be a red herring given how blatant they'd tried to make it look like his noble sacrifice.Aaron and Rosita are the literal definition of expendable at this point but that also means their deaths wouldn't have as much impact as another person. Michonne would be a good way to make Rick hate Negan but Rick's going to hate him no matter who he kills, although Michonne would be the ultimate motivator for him. She has a lot of important comic material coming up though.

The reason Glenn was killed in the comics is because he was the fan favourite character. Daryl is the fan favourite of the show so it could very well be him. Norman also has his new show. My money is still on Glenn. He's the obvious choice because it was him in the comics but the RV isn't behind Negan in the POV shot and the rhyme 100% lands on him.
>>
Anyone notice how the only posters praising this episode are blatant AMC shills? Memes aside, they type like normies.
>>
>>67886349
I think the implication is that he takes great care of her and that this meeting is really special to him. Remember he's never walked around the Hilltop or Kingdom (probably). Big Rick's is the first he gets personal with.
>>
>>67885405
Absolutely correct. Once Negan shaves everything will be perfect. It looked cold out there though so I don't blame him wearing a bit of scruff.
>>
>>67886413

Given what a copout choosing to make the scene first person was, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just Aaron after all. If they couldn't take the risk of people not watching after this season because their favorite character got Lucilled, they definitely won't risk killing off a bigger character.
>>
>>67885405
I agree. The episode was fucking amazing and the ending just sent me in to a rage. Everyone knew someone was going to bite it. Knowing that made it much more tense. When I saw the credits start I just flipped the fuck out and was pissed for the rest of the day. The next season needs to start off amazing like the mid season premiere we had this time.
>>
>>67885405
I agree with you OP, it's like there will be no shock when it comes back because we've already run every scenario in our heads. It's like they are making us spoil it for ourselves before we see it.
>>
>>67885851
>Aaron
Lol, no
>>
>>67886413
I think the chink signed for at least 3 more seasons so its not him
>>
>>67886706
Why not? They pussy out on big deaths all the time because theyre afraid of losing the viewers. Which ironically, makes them lose viewers because the thrill is gone.
>>
>>67886780
I like Aaron's character but I'm sure they're aiming at an old fan favorite for the impact associated with their death.
>>
>>67886935
I hope with the last bits of TWDlove I have left in me that you are right.
>>
>>67886237
>>67886317
They have because one of the actor's said they were shocked and did not know it was oging to end on a cliffhanger and that it will be a loved character. AFter the episode they said they all hugged and cried.
>>
>>67886359
the show ruined the governor honestly. he was a ruthless sociopath but the show tried to make him somewhat deep and even wasted time trying to develop him... but negan is a very smart and funny while at the same time doing things that make you absolutely hate his soul while still liking him. comic governor gets a 7/10 negan gets a 9.5/10. show governor gets a 3/10 and we will see how show negan does next season
>>
I thought he sounded like a teenage girl.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.