[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: War_of_the_Worlds_2005.jpg (311 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
War_of_the_Worlds_2005.jpg
311 KB, 1000x1500
Great movies that /tv/ never talks about
>>
I loved this movie, not sure why it got mediocre reviews.
>>
>>67884695
The only complaint I have about this movie is how blatant Tom Cruise's plot armor was.

>happens to not get hit by the death lasers while running from the aliens
>happens to get saved by all of the people in the cage when the ship tries to eat him, doesn't even seem afraid to get killed by it
>>
>>67884964
People didn't like the ending. Also the kids are fucking annoying. I liked it tho.
>>
>>67884695
That was derivative as all fuck, stick to one god damn plot and go with it
>>
>>67884964
It was Spielburg too, which usually means critics eat it up by default
>>
>>67885008
To be fair a lot of people didn't get hit by the lasers, if I remember correctly.
>>
File: 765895679.jpg (23 KB, 291x260) Image search: [Google]
765895679.jpg
23 KB, 291x260
>>67884695
>that tripod sound
>>
>>67885015
I liked the ending. I thought there was something very poetic about earth's tiniest creatures (bacteria) being the ones to defeat the aliens. Also "LOOK AT THE FUCKING BIRDS" was pretty great
>>
>>67885008
>>67885097

Oh, and the scene in the crazy guy's basement with the alien eye looking around was ridiculous. That entire part should have been cut.
>>
File: wotw1953.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
wotw1953.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
>>67884695
/tv/ talks about it so often, I still have the random download for the last three conversations we had about it in the past week.

Still, it's bretty gud. Not the best thing ever, but certainly the best take on that particular work... Even if it's also the furthest from the original work, and still retaining the name.

1953 version is comfy as fuck though. (I love it when they blow up LA.)
>>
Best sounding film I ever saw in the cinema.
>>
It's not very good. The consensus is beyond a few HOLY SHIT moments of the tripods first showing up it's dogshit full of generic hollywood shit. Only a tolerable movie in theaters back when it looked good.
>>
File: fear_my_technocolor_eye.jpg (26 KB, 400x311) Image search: [Google]
fear_my_technocolor_eye.jpg
26 KB, 400x311
>>67885185
It was homage to the 1953 version.

Cruize going from scared shitless to pure rambo was my biggest complaint. I suppose the classic idea that things things were just invulnerable until they all fell over all at once one day just doesn't provide enough excitement for a modern audience though.
>>
>>67885219
Anybody remember that shit TV series in the 80's they made?

It was glorious when the technicolor martian ship turned CGI got off the ground for ten seconds.
>>
>>67885403
Oh... Gawds...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5tcn3Y2PM8
>>
>>67884695
I wouldn't call it great. It was kino though.

better than the trash original anyways

anyone who complains about the ending hasn't heard of the dream ending concept in filmmaking meta. look up Taxi Driver for a good starting point.

Dakota Fanning was cute.
>>
Best rendition of the story incoming.
Tom cruise a shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-S15IDcQgE
>>
this movie gave me nightmares when I was younger, I always had a fear of ayyliens.

also that fucking foghorn noise the tripods make scares the shit out of me
>>
>>67885185
i dont know i liked that scene

freaked the fuck out of me when i watched it as a kid for the first time
>>
Great movie just wish the basement part want so long.
I always wanted to see what Robbie saw.
NOT MY BLOOD, NOT MY BLOOD.
>>
>>67884695
fuck tom cruise and his obnoxious kids, kept hoping they would die screaming. The original wasn't great but it was better than this
>>
>>67885522
Yeah there's something up with the ending.

Rachel doesn't go screaming after Robbie, and his appearance is as ragged as Ray's, despite the rest of the family looking pristine. He would have had to have gotten there just minutes before Ray.

This moment is more likely Ray earning that hug he missed out on at the beginning.
>>
>>67885604
>implying this wasn't the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppUl_CBuyz8
>>
File: 1448752090831.png (465 KB, 1024x1181) Image search: [Google]
1448752090831.png
465 KB, 1024x1181
They filmed some scenes for this kino in my town. Cruise is really manlet desu
>>
>>67884695
I thought the aliens were stupid. Downloading into pre-positioned machines that despite al of our excavation, we've never discovered one, and the overused shield trope.
>>
>>67885105
He said "Look at the goddamn birds" dingus
>>
>>67885977
This. Was probably the most tense cinema experience I've ever had. The scene just went on for so fucking long as well
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.