[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /tv/'s opinion on this animekino
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: MPW-31707.jpg (69 KB, 500x755) Image search: [Google]
MPW-31707.jpg
69 KB, 500x755
What's /tv/'s opinion on this animekino
>>
I liked it, good adaptation of the cartoon.
>>
>>67882279
>anime
>kino

Ok that's it, I'm calling it. The kino meme has gone too far.
>>
>>67882279
pure kino.
>>
>>67882279
It's perfect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvwhIStnDw8
>>
It's the only dick/dickvag movie I like. Casting is brilliant, technically well thought-out and beautiful. It's fun to watch.
>>
File: japanese animation guide.jpg (2 MB, 1400x1370) Image search: [Google]
japanese animation guide.jpg
2 MB, 1400x1370
>>67882321
you trying to imply anime can't be kino?
>>
I fucking love Speed Racer.

One of those movies that the mainstream forgot about, the critics bashed, but I just loved the energy and melodrama.
>>
>>67882321
Anime is theoretically Kino, but not really

Speed racer is literally Kino by definition, judging from the little bits I've seen
>>
>>67882511
it is great
watch everything
>>
>>67882481
pretty much this
>>
it's cool beans
>>
It's great, especially if you saw it on IMAX in theaters. Only a 4K release will come close to reliving it.
>>
>>67882376
I cried when I watched on the theater, not even memeing.
>>
>watch anime
>get cucked

Why?
>>
Plebs only remember the highs of this movie, which were really high. Some great sequences. But people forget about the faggot little kid that took up half the fucking film. It deserves all the hate it gets. It deserves all the love it gets too.
>>
public and critics hated it
how do we fix this?
>>
>>67882435
>Not patlabor

Shit list
>>
>>67882376
still exiting as fuck, what a great movie !
>>
>>67882279
I've never watched speed racer, the anime seems like it would be tough to get through. Can I watch the movie? Or am I wrong on the anime? (No Nostalgia goggles please)
>>
>>67883137

are you kidding me ? that's like the elefant in the room for most people, they know its there and its soooo shitty... but the rest its so damn good!!!
>>
I thought I was going to hate it but I really enjoyed it, and the ending is what movies that are similar to it are lacking.
>>
>>67883284

watch the intro of the anime, then the movie.
>>
never seen the whole thing, but shit tier CGI is a big minus.
>>
>>67882279
good racing.
the rest? not so much.
a younger me enjoyed watching it. today id probably just get sick of it.
>>
>>67882279
It's okay aside from the fat kid and the chimp.
Goodman is good man.
>>
I saw it in IMAX. best theater experience of my life
>>
>>67883046

me too bro
>>
>>67882279
I liked it.
>>
More like a nonja
>>
Didn't need the first 20 minutes. Start watching it at the scene when Speed is racing Rex's ghost. It's a much more taut and enjoyable experience
>>
>>67882279

>villians redpill rant

>father son talk

>final race

true kino
>>
File: speed-racer-7.jpg (371 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
speed-racer-7.jpg
371 KB, 1920x816
>>67882376
one of my favorite scenes ever.... not really about winning the title, but self-affirmation... becoming a true artist.

The editing, the visuals, the music.. it's all perfect
>>
File: screenshot-lrg-10 (2).png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-lrg-10 (2).png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>67888107
cont.
I have a huge fetish for anti-capitalist narratives and the "remember that night?" John Goodman line always hits me so hard for personal reasons

It's probably my favorite film
>>
>>67882279
childrens movie/10
>>
>>67882435
>Honneamise
Absolutely based
>>
File: joy.jpg (177 KB, 1387x861) Image search: [Google]
joy.jpg
177 KB, 1387x861
>mfw watching it in a theater all by myself standing up and screaming GO SPEED GO at the screen during the final race

actual kino and glad it's finally old enough for the hipsters on /tv/ to start liking so you can discuss it without getting shitposted on
>>
>>67882376
LITERALLY PERFECT
>>
>>67886381
Embarassing what passes for a ninja these days.
>>
>>67882279
Pretty fun to watch desu
>>
I remember it being a good watch but didn't it bomb?
>>
I saw this shit on acid. It's one of the best movies I've ever seen. I was crying, laughing, and literally on my feet rooting for speed to win.

No other movie has ever had that effect on me.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.