[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>GoT Knights Who's the best /tv/? Is it Daemon? Jaime?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: redditsfuckingstupid.jpg (438 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
redditsfuckingstupid.jpg
438 KB, 2048x1152
>GoT Knights

Who's the best /tv/?
Is it Daemon? Jaime? Arthur? Who?
>>
>>67882156
Once again I am surprised by Reddit and their stupidity
>>
>>67882156
Dayne
Blackfyre
Selmy
Jaime
Dunk

In that order
>>
>>67882357
I honestly have no idea if Blackfyre could beat Selmy
>>
What about ser winky
He boo bood his hoohaa lala
>>
>>67882247
Yeah I know, but the bracket was the most appropriate image I could find.

>>67882357
I think Blackfyre is the best of them all.
Then I'd put guys like Jaime, Arthur, Selmy, and Aemon in the next category where I don't know who would beat who.
>>
No Ser Brendan the Just?
>>
>>67882576
I love the Greyjoys but Euron getting that far is complete bullshit plus no Dayne Selmy or Blackfyre
>>
>>67882662

Well, the whole left side is stacked, while Euron's side has fucking Olenna Tyrell.
>>
>>67882710
The fact they put Danny as a player was probably the worst
>>
File: Ser Brendan the JUST.jpg (80 KB, 1270x783) Image search: [Google]
Ser Brendan the JUST.jpg
80 KB, 1270x783
>>67882610
>>
>>67882156
how the fuck does that even work.

Bloodraven BTFO everyone so it has to be about magical powers and shit, right? Else it'd just be a very, very old man in a cave. He'd lose against everyone. It has to be powers.

Then... how the fuck does Melisandre lose against Olenna?

And while Olenna knows wtf she's doing, how the hell does she win against LF?

The guy has been scheming for decades to get where he's at.

All she has is because she has a good last name and was married into the wealthiest family.
>>
>>67884389

It's reddit. That should answer all your questions.
>>
>>67882156

>no Barristan

fuck outta here with that shit
>>
>>67884894
see >>67884809
>>
>>67884894
>no Barristan
>Greyworm is there

D&D would be proud.
>>
>>67884894
yeah if we're talking about best warriors in their prime. with the exclusion of animals like dragons and direwolves and just weapons and armor in single combat.
id say its close between
>Barristan Selmy
He's honestly probably the greatest swordsman to have ever lived as far as we know.
>Arthur Dayne
One of if not the greatest of the kingsgaurd.
>kahl drogo
just an all around badass. im not sure how he'd do against a fully armored knight though and for that reason you could maybe substitute him for robert baratheon.
>>
>>67882156
Pretty sure GRRM himself said Arthur Dayne is the best if he has Dawn, with Barristan right behind him.

Honestly the more "historical" warriors are a lot harder to gauge, like Daemon, Aemon, etc.
The top tier beyond Dayne and Selmy has to at least include:
>Jaime
>Oberyn
>both Cleganes
>Prime Robert

(Victarion, Greatjon, Bronze Yohn, Garlan Tyrell, Jon Connington and Jorah are also possibly top tier as well)

There's also a lot of characters that are hard to place since they don't conform to Westerosi knight's typical style of fighting such as
>Khal Drogo
>Syrio Forel
>Areo Hotah
>Strong Belwas
>>
>>67885161
if you stopped your poast after the Arthur Dayne line, it would've been 10/10.

After the Khal Drogo line, it's a reddit/10.

Yeah of course he's a badass. But he's not ANYWHERE near a "top tier" list of fighters. Not even "best fighter alive", and certainly not best of all time in their prime.

Putting Khal Drogo with these 2 names is like comparing Eddard and Jaime.

Something you only do on the show because they like Eddard so they made him able to hold his own against Jaime.
>>
>>67885349
sandor clegane is high mid tier. being beat by a mid tier fighter like brienne will do that to you.
jon connington and jorah are literally the definition of mid tier.
we dont know much about areo hotah but he definitely seems like a top tier fighter to me.
>>
File: Yplh18u.png (26 KB, 527x409) Image search: [Google]
Yplh18u.png
26 KB, 527x409
>>67885478
>being beat by a mid tier fighter like brienne will do that to you
>>
>>67885349
I'm wary of putting people like Robert in that list.
He never defeated anyone of note (faggot harpist do not apply).

I mean yeah he's definitely a 1% percentile, better than 99% of the warriors out there.

But people like Jaime and Dayne and Selmy, that's the 0.001% percentile. It's not the same league.

Put prime Selmy against prime Robert in a fight to the death 100 times (wtv, you know what I mean) and Selmy will win most of them.

I'm not sure Oberyn would have such an edge over a real fighter. Gregor's a butcher, 99% of his "fighting skills" is just his size and endurance.

Against a quick and skilled warrior, not sure Oberyn would do all that well. In the fight against Gregor, if you recall, all he did was move away from his attack until Gregor was tired and slower, and all the while, darting him with a spear that outreached Gregor's sword.

Put me up against some fat guy I can outrun/outstamina, and I'll win 100% of the fights against him even if I don't know how to fight, just by tiring him down.
>>
>>67885423
did you read the rest of the kahl drogo stuff? im not disagreeing with you.
his fighting style is vastly different to the westeros fighting.
its hard to place him.
robert baratheon would replace him for me. battle experience, history and wins put him well into the top 5.
jesus christ ned stark is like low mid tier. i think his older brother brandon stark may have been high mid tier but we dont know much about him.
>>
>>67885478
Brienne got rekt by nobodies like Rorge/Biter.
She's shit, and she would never beat Sandor Clegane in anything but womyn-power fanfiction.

Jaime - top notch fighter, who certainly sparred/melee'ed him a few times - think that whoever they send against Sandor Clegane won't return.
>>
>>67885539
brienne could barely hold her own against jaime lannister with a chopped off sword hand.
jaime with a chopped off sword hand is still low mid tier.
she did beat him. granted. but JUST.
>>
>>67885687
normally i would agree with you. but then we got an actual single combat between them in the books.
the outcome? a close battle.
these are cold hard facts that you cant ignore.
im not saying brienne is a great fighter, im saying sandor clegane may not be as good as we thought based on evidence.
>>
>>67885622
>Gregor's a butcher, 99% of his "fighting skills" is just his size and endurance.
Idk in the books they say he has excellent "warrior's instincts" and he clearly has plenty of experience to back that up. He's not quite the "butcher" the way Ramsay is for instance.

Oberyn beat him mainly because he used a spear to combat Gregors insane reach. Anyone else fighting Gregor wouldn't have that same advantage, and getting close to him doesn't end well, as Oberyn found out.

>I'm wary of putting people like Robert in that list.
>He never defeated anyone of note (faggot harpist do not apply)
I agree it's a bit harder to place Robert since apparently he's the only character smart enough to realize blunt weapons >>> bladed weapons against armored opponents, which gives him a big advantage.
>>
>>67885800
>im not saying brienne is a great fighter, im saying sandor clegane may not be as good as we thought based on evidence.
While I agree Brienne isn't exactly a terrible fighter, she only barely beat a half starved and manacled Jaime who hadn't practiced in almost a year. In no way is this comparable to fighting the Hound at his best.
>>
>>67885800
>we got an actual single combat between them in the books
you mean, brienne and jaime?
jaime was chained and starved/poor condition after spending months in a dungeon without movie...

>sandor clegane may not be as good as we thought based on evidence.
your post seem to imply that Sandor fought brienne, hopefully I'm wrong?
Anyway, in case you're mistaken... Sandor never fights Brienne in the books.

and her fight with jaime, well, it wasn't exactly fair.

She did win a 1 vs 3... But one of her opponent didn't fight at all ( shagwell ) so it was more like a 1v2, and Podrick hit one on the head with a rock, allowing brienne a few seconds to 1v1 one of them.

So it was more of a 1v1 followed by another 1v1, and then killing the last one.

Plus, none were fighters of renown, just random sellswords.
>>
>>67886027
shit did she not fight him in the books? its been a while since i read them. i could have sworn i remember them fighting. maybe not.
>>
>>67885478
Jorah is placed higher if some white haired bitch who cucks him is watching.
>>
>>67882156
Lance or sword?
>>
>>67886102
the fight that leaves Sandor Clegane wounded/for dead in the books is the fight that (on the show) gives him a light wound&stuff. against a few lannister men at arms, and a squire.

After that fight they leave but his wound fester and shit and Arya leaves him for dead. No other fight after this one.
>>
>>67885716
He didn't have a chopped of sword hand at that point, he was just weak as fuck from being imprisoned for half a year.
>>
>>67886273
goddamn thats right.
>>
Who would win between Jon snow, ned stark and robb stark?
>>
>>67886369
At the time all three of them were alive, Ned or possibly Robb. At the last time they were alive and fit before they died probably Jon.

Benjen would probably wreck them all though.
>>
>>67886369
Ned or Jon. Not even a Jonfag, but he gets real serious about training himself up in ADwD.
>>
>>67882156
Jesus no, that's all wrong

The top of the pile is easy, dayne, selmy, etc... These guys are leagues ahead of anyone else, it's just not fair to compare them.

It only gets muddier around the middle of the pack, I do think that brienne is underrated, she beat that flowers faggot in 1v1 and he was at least in the middle of the pack

I'm not interested in some of the ones we didn't see much, is syrio really that good? Is he better? He did only have a wooden sword to 1v4 with after all.

Is strong belwas actually any good? I think he might not be

>>67885349
Honestly we know so little about oberyn, he's high mid tier, and was extraordinarily well prepared to fight the mountain
>>
>>67886761
Strong Belwas is a great pit fighter, which means he's probably exceptionally good in a 1v1 fight (without armor). We've seen a little of that. His problem is that he's shit at anything else. He's a shit bodygaurd, he's a shit general, he's probably shit at fighting in formation or horse riding or anything else a legit knight would need to do. Good food tester though.
>>
>>67886980
Great food tester

Completely untested in combat against skilled opponents iirc

But then a cage fighter could well have an edge over a knight

Or would a fight between him and a really good knight be more one sided like that one between that dothraki and jorah really early on in the piece? I can't help but feel that armor is super underrated
>>
Archer-sorcerer v knight-sorcerer

Bloodraven v Rhaegar is the only true championship.

Kindly Man v Azhor Azhai could also be epib
>>
Hey gay boys, just watched that animated YouTube thing about the dance of dragons, bretty epig. Did any dragons survive that? At least one of the targaryan bastard riders survived right? Also I think the Kings dragon?
>>
>tfw D&D ruined one of the greatest characters because they are butthurt cunts
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.