[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legitimate Man of Steel discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Man of Steel.jpg (940 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Man of Steel.jpg
940 KB, 1920x1200
With all the hate on Batman vs Superman, let's look at the first movie. Did you like it?

I just watched it tonight for the first time since I saw it in the theater. I have to admit I liked it a lot, especially after the onslaught of stale super hero films that have come out since.

>Inb4 Marvel shill vs DCucks

Let's have a serious discussion.
>>
MARTHA
>>
>>67881588
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM
>>
File: Super Jesus.jpg (21 KB, 472x356) Image search: [Google]
Super Jesus.jpg
21 KB, 472x356
>>67881603
What's that supposed to mean? Is it religious symbolism?
>>
File: REEEEEEEEE.jpg (28 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEE.jpg
28 KB, 570x300
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHY DON'T YOU PARTICIPATE IN MY THREAD?
>>
>>67881588
saw it when it came out and thought it was okay, even when i defend it here it's only to show that people have an extreme view that isn't supported by the content itself
at the end of the day, what really gets me into movies is the cinematography. i like one shot where my eyes can look around or take it in.
bvs sort of makes me wish i was on set whispering things to snyder about how to shoot it
actually makes me want to talk to him and get in his head about how he shot it aside from the homages
>>
>>67881588
I didn't like man of steel but i liked b vs. superman. i thought man of steel was too heavy on super hero stuff (not even the lore part, just scense like when the girl is like ooh he's hot, and when he trashed the truck at the diner for no reason) and too light on writing and characterization. i'm
>>
Up until Superman and Lois meet Zod for the first time, the movie is genuinely amazing.

After that it all goes downhill, but never really gets terrible.
>>
>>67881588
Clark Kent/Superman is rarely an interesting character in this movie, the movie is highly gloomy, depressing, and color starved, i thought the Johnathan Kent death scene was done stupidly, Clark and Lois hardly had any chemistry and they pick the most inappropriate time and place to make out (just before the fight with Zod, in the middle of a field that used to be 20 city blocks), the score by hans zimmer is mostly boring and forgettable, and most of the action (which there is A LOT of) looks like video game footage. in fact, Krypton in the opening is clearly a CGI landscape in which a star wars battle erupts halfway through the sequence. Rusell Crowe is BORING as Jor-El. 90% of his dialogue is spoken under his breath in a monotone fashion. holy shit. i could keep going. Johnathan Kent whispers much of his dialogue, especially when he's talking to Clark about his purpose. there are a ton of wide action shots where the camera zooms in during the shot and there is an abundance of shaky cam in this movie. Lois actually says "it's supposed to go in all the way." who the fuck let that line into the final movie? a kid calls Kent "dick splash." what a lame ass insult. ugh.
>>
>>67883147
I believe the opposite
>>
i liked the scenes of him saving people in mexico and the flood

and the ending too. it showed hes a true hero even though the people disliked him.
>>
Why was Superman so broody and depressed in Batman vs Superman when by the end of THIS movie he was actually lighthearted and cheerful and helpful?

I thought we were going to get a proper Superman in BvS, instead we got a mopey asshole.
>>
>>67881625
hope he does one for batman vs superman
>>
>>67883181
You must be a fan of the Transformers movies, then.

>>67883155
>dick splash
No matter how many times I watch the movie, this one always catches me off guard.
>>
"It's just a prank bro!"
>>
>>67883218
In BvS, he was lighthearted and cheerful at the beginning, but the other characters kept telling him to stop helping people and it got him all depressed.
>>
>>67883218
he wasn't lighthearted and cheerful and helpful
he crashed a fucking multimillion dollar satellite in front of a general and told him to go eat ass.
>>
>>67881625
turned the video off as soon as he said it was a masterpiece and that we needed more films like it.
>>
>>67881588
>Man of Steel is a legitimately great origin movie with fantastic casting, action scenes and music
>nobody ever talks about it seriously because "muh murder" and "muh buildings"
/tv/ truly is pleb.
>>
>>67883218
>>67883298
>>67883337
at the end of mos he's hopeful, shown through the montage of him entering the daily planet while the voiceover of him telling his mom his plans for the future is heard throughout. the scene is actually a continuation of him at his father's grave with his mother, where he tells her he wishes his father could have seen him finally find his life's purpose to which his mother tells him his father saw it in him from the beginning
>>
I thoroughly enjoyed both films. I thought this was great and I firmly believe Affleck is the best live action Batman we've ever seen.
>>
man of steel wasn't perfect but its pretty damn good.

I always say that there are 2 Superman stories.

the ones about him being a symbol for hope, inspiring people and all that.

and the ones that are action, adventure and sci-fi shit.

Man of steel had both, but more action
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.