[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how the hell was jack in charge of anything, let alone a unit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: jack crawford.jpg (133 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
jack crawford.jpg
133 KB, 640x360
how the hell was jack in charge of anything, let alone a unit in the FBI?
>needs help with every single case
>even then doesn't take wills advice
>uses Scooby doo tier traps to try and catch the killer, most of which don't work
>loses his job and only gets it back because will did the dirty work and Hannibal surrendered
where do you think he is after the finale?
>>
File: good will hunting.jpg (44 KB, 536x699) Image search: [Google]
good will hunting.jpg
44 KB, 536x699
>>67874256

I asume he was catchin folks wayyy before Will got involved with the Shrike case and built up a shitload of goodwill.
Minus the Miriam-thing, of course. Cause Lass JUST-ed herself by trying to find the killer all alone.
>>
>>67875474

Oh yeah, in the books Jack just sort of floats around Quantico until Clarice shows up.
I think he was sort of in and out of the hospital due to heart trouble.
>>
I liked Jack, but he was mostly a plot device.
>>
>>67875474
>>67875547
in the SOTL book doesnt it mention there are at least 30plus serial killers behind bars besides hannibal? i always had an idea for a jack crawford tv series before they did hannibal. it would be titled the manhunter and focus on the early days of jack crawford catching killers and possibly a young hannibal when he arrives in america
>>
>>67876162

Its been a while since I read it, but I think I remember them comparing the numbers of psychopaths that actually got caught, vs the number that are potentially roaming free-range and it was pretty frightening.

I would definiately watch a younger Jack Crawford show, though. Im not sure about a younger Hannibal outside of Europe. I dunno man, the Hannibal Rising book/movies left a bad impression on me.

Were you guys as pissed as I was that Jack didnt get to kick Hannibal's ass fully, in Mizumono?
That knife fight was some bullshit.
>>
>>67876162
A young Jack Crawford show would be great

>>67876391
>Were you guys as pissed as I was that Jack didnt get to kick Hannibal's ass fully, in Mizumono?
I expected Jack to to at least knock Hannibal down. Laurence Fishburne looks like an old boxer. The fight was alright, but it could have been better. It bothered me more that Hannibal was treated like James Bond when he fought. I get that he's /fit/ and probably has much experience with martial arts, but sometimes that shit got out of hand. Hannibal should be more clever than he his physically daunting
>>
File: 35895170_p1_master1200.jpg (119 KB, 826x826) Image search: [Google]
35895170_p1_master1200.jpg
119 KB, 826x826
>>67876614
> Hannibal should be more clever than he his physically daunting

See, thats what I liked when he fought Tobias. That fight wasnt all about him trying to physically overpower an opponent. It felt right.

The second curb-stomping Hannibal got in Florence felt better, because I felt like thats how things should have gone down in Baltimore.
>>
>>67876888
The fight with Tobias was great. I wish we got to see more of Tobias
>>
He was more of the facilitator or organizer than the actual detective. He put guys like Graham in the best position to succeed by hooking him up with different people.

He also did track down Hannibal a few times and fuck with the Italian police in Florence then sauntered up to Graham's house with an army ready to fuck shit up.
>>
>>67876391
>didnt get to kick Hannibal's ass fully
he kicked his ass both times. Hannibal may be more /fit/ but jack is a bear and pounced on him. The only reason Hannibal won was because he did a last second dirty move and stabbed him. He was getting choked out like a bitch and this was after being body slammed. One V One jack would kick his ass. He did in Italy
>>
Jack in unemployed now. The first time getting fired then hired was luck, but a second fuck up that big? Hes probably facing criminal charges
>>
>>67876614
there was a good mix between martial arts and boxing together. Its really one of the best tv fights of all time. There are movies that aren't even this good
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vwHATDeJhU
>>
>>67876162
>>67876391
just look up john dougles and Robert ressler. they were the IRL FBI agents jack was based on and interviewed serial killers to try and find other serial killers
but as others said jack was more of a captain then a field agent. I do recall some parts of the book describing him as a "guru" or some shit so he was good at his job to some degree
>>
File: glock 19.jpg (126 KB, 800x520) Image search: [Google]
glock 19.jpg
126 KB, 800x520
How the fuck did he get a gun into Italy is what I want to know
and how did he get out with all those dirty Italian cops looking for him? One scene would have made all the difference fuller
>>
File: 52838138_p0_master1200.jpg (341 KB, 809x750) Image search: [Google]
52838138_p0_master1200.jpg
341 KB, 809x750
>>67877589

Oh fuck, how did I miss the pepper-grinder? That was actually pretty funny.
>>
>>67877685
>http://faculty.frostburg.edu/mbradley/psyography/douglas.html
>Douglas discovered the following:
>- Most serial killers take souvenirs from their victims and give them to the women in their lives as a sign of dominance and a way of being able to relive the experience.
>- Serial killers kill repeatedly with some emotional cycling or cooling-off period between crimes.
>- Most killers are inadequate types; as a result they have speech impediments.

Ya know, that actually puts a lot of stuff in perspective.
Pretty cool.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.