[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People actually forget or don't know this movie wasn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (47 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
47 KB, 500x750
People actually forget or don't know this movie wasn't released at the most optmistic times. Gas crisis, watergate, violence, cold war. And yet its optimistic and light and has a huge fucking heart.
>>
>>67872581

zack snyder didn't have mario puzo write his screenplay

that was his fault, david goyim's fingerprints were all over bvs
>>
superman returns has heart too doesn't mean it's good
>>
>>67872784
but at least it had heart.
>>
>>67872581

OP, now you understand the success of both Star Wars and Avatar.
>>
>>67873066
>>67872784

>superman returns had heart

fuck no it didn't, it was singer wanking hard to donner

>>67873124

avatar was shilled to no end, played in theaters across pretty much every country that had a theater, was in theaters for like four months straight, brought back to theaters within the same year, and also in imax 3d nonsense

it was a pile of shit, fyi

star wars at least was decent
>>
>>67872784
>>67873066
Returns failed because it was pandering to the Dick Donner movies, trying to recreate them, instead ot trying to recreate what they meant at their time.

My point is: "muh post 9-11 Superman has to be depressive and mopy and a murderer to be relatable and contemporary" is utter crap
>>
>>67873269

You read in an artistic defense of Avatar where I had not made one. It is instead a historical observation. Think about what was going on in the (first) world at the time of its release.
>>
>>67873338

in 2009?

- a nigger was elected president and not shot
- recession
- wars in iraq/afghanistan was still going on (and only a few years away from being over based on plans made by the bush admin)
- i was graduating high school and shitposting like a madman on /b/
- district 9 came out, was a much better film than avatar in every way and deserved to win best picture, instead of hurt locker

that's about all i can think of that was really worthwhile

i'm still right though, avatar was base as fuck
>>
>>67872581
this fucking poster has more heart than the entirety of MOS. this was back when they knew how to do posters. now posters are boring as shit.
>>
That's why it's corny as hell
>>
File: creepy 5.jpg (60 KB, 775x744) Image search: [Google]
creepy 5.jpg
60 KB, 775x744
>>67873506
>young racist

how cute
>>
File: Not as good as the first tho.jpg (84 KB, 500x760) Image search: [Google]
Not as good as the first tho.jpg
84 KB, 500x760
can we also talk about how the sequel had Superman conflicted and giving up being Superman, while still staying truthful to the character?
>>
The trailers for Man of Steel made me think it was going to be endlessly optimistic. A hero of unflinching and unbreakable moral rectitude was going to show humanity to not be afraid. That there was always a choice to be made on how to live; all you need is the courage to make the right decision. That you shouldn't hide or cover up whatever makes you special. Superman was going to be an untarnished figure of that beautiful notion of hope, enduring human spirit, and a brighter tomorrow. And everyone is a hero in their own way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cYR5MFb8Rc

But then it didn't. And it was a mess of violent product placement.

I still love that flashback scene at the end though when Jonathan Kent looks up to see Clark playing with a dog in the yard with a blanket stuck on his back like a cape though.
>>
>>67873591

what do you want me to call him? His Grace and Loving Savior, Our Lord President Barack Hussein Obama II?

the boon ain't worthy of the title, and desu anyone who isn't gw, tr or al aren't either
>>
>>67873856

>desu

the fuck kind of filter is this

i've been had by the system, goddamn it
>>
>>67873849
this trailer is the best Superman movie to date.
>>
>>67873856
bro you mad
>>
>>67873849
Perfectly sums it up. Thank you so much. I just don't understand how one of the largest film studios on the planet could fuck up one of popular culture's most enduring and recognizable icons so profoundly.
>>
>>67873849
The best scenes like that are all misplaced in the movie

And BvS made them even more
>>
>>67874120

i think i got one better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQNdmGcD7Mg
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.