[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Walking Dead VS Sopranos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Rick.jpg (32 KB, 473x473) Image search: [Google]
Rick.jpg
32 KB, 473x473
Without resorting to "because it's actually a good show" or "TWD is pleb", explain why Sopranos cut-to-black ending was satisfying and/or well-done while Walking Dead's was not.
>>
sopranos wasn't trying to milk viewers for another season
>>
>>67872375
most people hated the sopranos ending when it happened
>>
sopranos finale was a conclusion of a journey, not a cash-grab ploy
>>
anyone who whines about that finale is a faggot. pretty much every of the comics ends on some significant cliffhanger
>>
how many more seasons of walking dead are they doing?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrL2-LqxhGk
>>
>>67873670
The end of the exact comic the episode is based on ended with Glen's death so your logic makes no sense.
>>
Just knowing someone is dead is BS, we needed Negan to be established as THE the walking dead villian, and while his acting was good, we need the immediate reaction of the group to be seen to really cement negans character. If they pick up exactly in that moment season 7 itll be justified (but still annoying). Right now I give that final scene a 6/10 on execution
>>
>>67873670
No the comics end on shock cliffhangers usually, not ambiguious ones like "oh maggie is capture" "oh someone random is dead"
>>
>>67872375
Cause its obvious Tony Soprano dies.

In The Walking Dead its just a big "guess who" till next season.
>>
>>67872375
Don't talk to me or my wife's son like that ever again, Jimwad
>>
Sopranos said all it needed to say, TWD cock teased its fans because they want you to tune in, not for the sake of story.
>>
>>67874145
It's obviously Glenn
>>
I stopped watching TWD at the end of S4 I think.

The sopranos is the eternal GOAT for a reason. The point of the ending was to evoke a feeling. Life is short, nobody knows how long they've got left. It doesn't end well for anybody, and it's all a big nothing. So focus on the good times (like AJ repeated), because that's the best you can hope for.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.