[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you think this movie is still revered as the best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: citizen kane.jpg (55 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
citizen kane.jpg
55 KB, 720x480
Why do you think this movie is still revered as the best?
>>
It's not
>>
>>67871989
Remake when?
>>
>>67871989
Lately Vertigo takes it more often.
>>
what was the citizen kane of the silent era
>>
What makes Citizen Kane better than Gone with the Wind?
>>
What makes Citizen Kane better than Casablanca?
>>
>>67871989
It's not superheros
>>
memes
hacks
memes
hacks
memes
hacks
memes
hacks
>>
/tv/ is such a shithole
>>
>>67872131
Intolerance.
>>
>>67871989
Because plebs who've never actually watched it say it's good to fit in.
>>
>>67872797
But I loved it when I watched it.
>>
>>67871989
>Trump: The movie
>best movie ever
eeeh, maybe until spartacus, wich gives it 20 years of kingdom. that's a great achievement.
>>
>>67871989

as another anon already mentioned, Vertigo is starting to pass Kane as the #1. I hope that trend continues as it is the true #1.

that being said, Kane is great. not one of my all-time faves but it's undeniably fantastic and extremely entertaining
>>
>>67872131

that would be Sunshine
>>
>>67872899

ugh fuck

I meant Sunrise
>>
>>67871989
CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW
>>
My favorite movie lately is Forrest Gump it has something for everyone I think
>>
>>67873256

I don't get this bait
>>
>>67873276
It's not bait anon
>>
>>67872277
it's not an overlong and cheesy melodrama that aged like milk
>>
I honestly didnt really get why his mother gave him away to Tatcher as a kid. How did that deal came to be and what would Tatcher benefit from it
>>
>>67873334

oh

well I think Forrest Gump is a really awful movie that is just emotionally manipulative trash
>>
>>67873403
>things teenagers say
>>
>>67873476

dude Forrest Gump is truly an abomination. one of the worst of all the Best Picture winners which is really saying something because almost all of them are bad.
>>
>>67873521
what exactly is your problem with Forrest Gump? why do you think it's so bad
>>
>>67871989
There is no "best." Citizen Kane is a great movie, but it's silly to try and pick one film that's better than all the rest. Film quality is not quantifiable.
>>
>>67873373
Apparently gold was discovered on their property and Thatcher was buying it, I guess part of their deal was for him to take Kane
>>
>>67873626

I hate every single aspect of it

it is extremely clumsily made, sickeningly saccharine in every aspect, schmaltzy to an extreme, and as I mentioned before it is incredibly manipulative. each scene builds towards a very obvious, superficial emotion that we're supposed to feel as evidenced by the completely unambiguous characters/dialog on screen and the accompanying music that always reassures is in the feelings we're supposed to be experiencing. It is maudlin, sanctimonious garbage and I can't believe I'm being told to defend my disdain for it rather than you offering a defense for how you can think it is anything but treacly horseshit.
>>
>>67873912
Makes sense thanks anon
>>
>>67873958
you are being very vague there anon

yes most movies try to accomplish that how is forrest gump any different in that regard
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.