[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about this disappointing as fuck movie? I was ready
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: dfgrh.png (223 KB, 370x401) Image search: [Google]
dfgrh.png
223 KB, 370x401
Can we talk about this disappointing as fuck movie? I was ready to suck this movie's dick, but it was one of the most disappointing movies I've ever seen.
>>
>>67863107
How come?
>>
>>67863107

Looks like you have shit taste
>>
>>67863107
It was pretty much what I expected, I enjoyed it a lot, wish I saw it in the theatre instead of watching a screener though.
>>
>>67863107
its your own fault for the over-hype.. Literally nothing over-hyped the movie, the trailer was solemn not blockbuster-y and the director isn't a "tarantino", so nothing but urself ruined this movie for you. I loved it, and Birdman. Inarritu is on a roll
>>
i love inarritu and dicaprio and i thought this was an overindulgent pretentious amount of bollocks with an incredibly predictable plot and disappointing carry out
>>
It was pretty great, didn't really expect anything else.

Watched it on acid and it was fucking stunning
>>
>>67863983
I loved Birdman, I think it's 10/10, but this movie feels artificial as fuck and devoid of substance
>>
>>67864147
>where were the jokes and explosions?
>leo did nothing but struggle to survive all film!
>what was the point of that?
>>
>>67864216
don't you just love normcore films with strong cool guy who gets wronged then goes on huge emotional journey to kill man who wronged him and avenge family.
too much empty space for such a predictable plot
>>
It was ruined with the indian wife and son
>>
leo is a shitty actor and probably blew some guy to get the oscar.
>>
>>67863107
Tom Hardy was really good, so was the Native guy who saves him.

If nothing else this film succeeded in making me feel legit chilly in the cinema.
>>
File: 1448793694058.png (363 KB, 682x461) Image search: [Google]
1448793694058.png
363 KB, 682x461
>>67863107
Movie was good but Leo ruined it.
>>
memearritu
>>
>>67864216
Nice strawman argument
>>
>>67864303
>the revenant was about the plot
wew lad
>>
>>67864381
This
>>
The Revenant is the most important Hollywood film of recent years. It is quite simply the best proof that Hollywood is not completely devoid of artistic merit.

Oscar-Winner Iñárritu again teams up with Lubezki to create a visually stunning throwback to colonial America. But this is not a celebratory piece, exaggerating the romance of the old world, Iñárritu here shows a gritty, bloody and hopeless landscape.
And to do this, he brings on Leonardo DiCaprio in his subtlest performance yet. For his first film in 2 years, DiCaprio doesn't channel his loud energetic performance that left the imprint of Jordan Belfort permanently on all of our minds from the Wolf of Wall Street.
No, in fact he says very little at all. DiCaprio's showmanship is almost 100% a physical feat, battling freezing waters and icy terrains. And he does it perfectly.

What this results in is a film that shies away from Hollywood's typical Oscar-bait movies. There is no grand political message here shoved down your throat. It's true that it's based on a true story, but that serves only as the inspiration; we're not talking about some biopic about the first man to fight a bear or whatever nonsense. What we get is a deeply intimate film about one man fighting to survive the harsh conditions of an era we've only briefly read about in the history books. We get a film that is more focused on showing us the beauty of this violence and this barren than trying to guilt the public.

In short, we get the first big-budget Hollywood film that exists for the sake of art in the longest time.
>>
I didn't understand the ending.
Why did those natives let him go, & did he die at the end?
Also who was the woman?
>>
>>67864396
pls elaborate babe no make sense
>>
Is it just me or have there been no good movies for a while?
>>
>>67864361
>Tom Hardy was really good
Come on man, it was a borderline parody performance with his stupid accent and cartoonishly evil character
>>
Best part of the movie was Tom Pelts Hardy telling Leo that no matter what he does it'll never bring back his boy.
>>
>>67864449
pls go back to writing for the guardian x
>>
File: 1004946909.webm (1 MB, 1080x446) Image search: [Google]
1004946909.webm
1 MB, 1080x446
>tfw no qt Native to rape
Times used to be so simple, wish I was born in that era.
>>
>>67864396
Kek I know but the execution is so boring maybe except for some long one-takes
>>
>>67864454
The woman was the girl he saved from the French, you know the chiefs daughter he spent the entire movie looking for.
>>
>>67864449
>Oscar-Winner
>Winner
>W
Go back to grade school
>>
>>67864454
>Why did those natives let him go
They were God

>& did he die at the end?
He was looking at God

>Also who was the woman?
She was God
>>
>>67864639
v deep analysis wow much academy many oscar
>>
>>67864589
Not the woman who rode past on the horse with the other indiands, are you talking about the one that was shown right before the credits?
They didn't look the same.
>>
>>67864639
Glass was also god
>>
>>67864553
is it in her butt?
>>
The music was good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1qIV3WXZFE
>>
>>67864420
leo's hair is amazing
>>
I don't get how "The Bear" became a meme out of this movie (even though only normies used it).
Very generic and forgettable. Didn't deserve any nominations.
>>
File: 4535324232.jpg (20 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
4535324232.jpg
20 KB, 300x400
>>67864871
if glass was the god
then fitzgerlad was dog ???????
>>
File: 8479-07-23.png (2 MB, 1916x792) Image search: [Google]
8479-07-23.png
2 MB, 1916x792
Did this break anyone elses immersion?
Couldn't take it seriously anymore
>>
>>67863107
You want to talk about this movie, but you don't tell us why you think it's disappointing?
>>
File: the revenant.jpg (72 KB, 620x290) Image search: [Google]
the revenant.jpg
72 KB, 620x290
>>67866455
Only this scene broke the immersion for me. Hugh Glass was supposed to be The Revenant, not the captain. I guess they missed this during post-production.
>>
>>67863107
I watched this beautiful movie 3 or 4 times. I have a hard on for frontiersman - style movies and culture but keeping that in mind

It was still a well done movie. Technically it was tight in all categories. My only issues, which were small, were with acting and plot. Acting was okay (but MUH PELTZ aced it) and yeah the plot was really predictable, half way through you know he'd survive and get revenge, but fuck it, I wanted to see that revenge.

8.5/10 and I'll probably watch it again this year
>>
its been a while since i watched it, but there was something about the ending i found odd

the leo tom and indian scene
>>
>>67864731
ebin

>>67864639
this movie is not about god, as it is about nature
>>
I thought it was pretty, but completely forgettable. Plot was about as simple as it gets. I was bored desu.
>>
>>67863107

hyperbole, much? It really wasn't that bad. The only thing that was actually shit was that magical realism dream tree stuff.
>>
>>67868562
This ís a test desu
>>
>>67864381
>>67864420
thisposter please go.
my ire for thisposters has piqued as of late.
so dumb. so goddamn useless and dumb.
>>
>>67868810
WHY DOES IT CHANGE T.B.H. TO DESU
>>
>>67863107
It was like a platter of White Truffles served in an East Yorkshire Pub.

Beautifully composed, but in the end it's a gritty survival thriller, not really anything more.
>>
>>67868848
holy shit that filter has been on here for what, seventeen years now? go back to that website that everyone here says is shit but secretly goes to
>>
>>67868903
That metaphor makes no sense at all.
>>
>>67868950
sorry, I only come here to shitpost about movies I didn't like.
>>
>>67863107
It wasn't bad, it wasn't great. Everyone I know forgot about it after watching it and id bet money its Blu Ray sales are gonna be dogshit. Leo did not deserve an Oscar for it.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.