[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you take this qt to the future with you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: qtp2t.jpg (92 KB, 1280x600) Image search: [Google]
qtp2t.jpg
92 KB, 1280x600
Would you take this qt to the future with you?
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 236x169) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 236x169
>>67860545

Would have jumped back into the rabbit hole to reset, gone back, killed her weirdo first husband and Groundhog Day her into loving me all over again.
>>
File: rubenstein-oswald-mossad-hit.jpg (1 MB, 2220x1882) Image search: [Google]
rubenstein-oswald-mossad-hit.jpg
1 MB, 2220x1882
>>67860545

That series is nothing but Jews raping King's book to make Jews invisible.

Maybe Jews should be made invisible, forever.
>>
File: oswaldJewishPatsy.jpg (1 MB, 1599x1205) Image search: [Google]
oswaldJewishPatsy.jpg
1 MB, 1599x1205
All footage was confiscated to hide the fact that Oswald was out on the street watching the motorcade as it passed.
>>
>got cucked by time
klek
>>
>>67860545

I enjoyed the show, but holy fuck does Stephen King write some low brow fiction with plot holes and inconsistencies on every turn, even for a time travel flick.

>How exactly would he take her with him through time? If multiple people could travel at once, why didn't the old guy who recruited Jake just recruit multiple people instead of sending just one guy. Surely someone who spent most of his life travelling time and scheming could assemble a team.

>How did Jake go back to his "starting" future, considering that he had already altered the future in his loop. Wouldn't he just be jumping between 1960 and the post-apo future he created? If he can select between different loops, then surely it'd be better to just jump through different loops instead of trying to stay in one loop for 3 years, hoping that your alterations will have a positive impact on the future.

>What was the deal with the other time traveler? If he's also a time traveler - why did he appear at the start of every loop Jake made, saying the exact same thing as if he was part of the time period?
>>
pali
>>67860545

pali
>>67860626

>>67860769

dubs
>>67860866

dubs
>>67860922

dubs
>>67861033

Good job this is not a game of Risk
>>
File: 1436307137136.jpg (38 KB, 442x933) Image search: [Google]
1436307137136.jpg
38 KB, 442x933
>>67861033
>>How exactly would he take her with him through time? If multiple people could travel at once, why didn't the old guy who recruited Jake just recruit multiple people instead of sending just one guy. Surely someone who spent most of his life travelling time and scheming could assemble a team.
The premise is; he was a lone ranger who got cancer in the past, then started preparing to get a friend to fulfill his mission. Al only used the past to get meat and other groceries for his business.

> >How did Jake go back to his "starting" future, considering that he had already altered the future in his loop. Wouldn't he just be jumping between 1960 and the post-apo future he created? If he can select between different loops, then surely it'd be better to just jump through different loops instead of trying to stay in one loop for 3 years, hoping that your alterations will have a positive impact on the future.
pic related

> >What was the deal with the other time traveler? If he's also a time traveler - why did he appear at the start of every loop Jake made, saying the exact same thing as if he was part of the time period?
He's an official time traveller, he's jumped to many times and his brain is fried
>>
>>67861204
>Al only used the past to get meat and other groceries for his business

But that's wrong. He tried to prevent the assassination but was unsuccessful multiple times and only got cancer the very last time he tried travelling back.

It's also heavily implied that the past gave him cancer because he got too close to succeeding, yet Jake basically did whatever the fuck he wanted to and the past only tried to mess with him on very few occassions.

>2nd point
Jake travels back in time - saves Kennedy, thus creating future where shit's fucked. He then goes back from the post-apo future where shit's fucked to the 60's again and without altering anything, almost immediately goes back to the normal 2016 future he started with? Shouldn't he be stuck in the loop, unless he alters something to change it? Isn't that how time travel works in the show?

Also I understand that the old traveler is deranged from all the emotional trauma, I'm wondering how he can interact with Jake at all.
>>
>>67861559
>But that's wrong. He tried to prevent the assassination but was unsuccessful multiple times and only got cancer the very last time he tried travelling back.
I meant other than the obvious. Al also tried to save a woman he loved, but the past always screwed him over, then he tried to change the assassination.

> It's also heavily implied that the past gave him cancer because he got too close to succeeding, yet Jake basically did whatever the fuck he wanted to and the past only tried to mess with him on very few occassions.
It was implied, but Al smoked 2 or 3 packs of cigarettes in the Book.

> >2nd point
Jake travels back in time - saves Kennedy, thus creating future where shit's fucked. He then goes back from the post-apo future where shit's fucked to the 60's again and without altering anything, almost immediately goes back to the normal 2016 future he started with? Shouldn't he be stuck in the loop, unless he alters something to change it? Isn't that how time travel works in the show?

The 60's portal is a RESET.

60's without any changes = NORMAL
60's with changes = ABNORMAL = POST APOCALYPSE

> Also I understand that the old traveler is deranged from all the emotional trauma, I'm wondering how he can interact with Jake at all.
The guy (Yellow Card Man) that interacts is not the same guy at the beginning of the 60's portal, the earlier, younger version can communicate with him.
>>
>>67861829
Ok, I get how the time travel works now. The old traveller's remarks in the finale about the unalterable consequences confused me.
>>
There are chicks you want to fuck, and then there's sweethearts you want to make love to every single day for the rest of your life in a small Texas town.

That's Sadie.

And it's actually Sarah Gadon's birthday today!
>>
File: Fuck_future_I'm_staying.jpg (54 KB, 624x312) Image search: [Google]
Fuck_future_I'm_staying.jpg
54 KB, 624x312
>Nothing you ever did matters. Eat a dick
Thank you King-senpai, you never fail to deliver a great finale.

This logic doesn't even make sense. He did change the future to nuclear holocaust, why can't the same be done to a positive direction?
>>
When did you first realize that LHO really did shoot Kennedy? Most people seem to accept it as fact that there was SOME sort of conspiracy involved, but don't really know anything about it, and all of their info comes from bad documentaries or garbage like Oliver Ston'es JFK. If you start doing research (not just one-sided research), it becomes clear pretty quickly that there's zero reason to believe anything other than the "official" story.
>>
>>67863487
>Oliver Stone's JFK
That was literally funded by Mossad.

See
>>67860769
>>67860866

Jack Rubystein was terminally ill.

>>67863386
King's book is very different to the TV version, but it more or less is the same point, though.
>>
>>67863487
I'm not American so I'm only vaguely familiar with the story, the biggest doubt I have regarding the numerous conspiracy theories is why exactly would some shadow organisation order the assassination of president of the United States? It's not like he has unlimited rule and there are cleaner ways to remove someone from presidency than shooting them in the head during the light of day in the middle of a fucking parade.
>>
>>67863487
Probably after watching the series, since I hadn't looked into the subject prior.

Watching the series is actually a pretty good reality check:

>Be troubled young dude
>Start loving military stuff
>Find out you suck at it
>Start loving communism
>Find out your beloved communist country is a shithole
>Start learning russian
>Find out you are horrible at learning languages
>Come back to the US
>Find out noone gives a shit
>Your wife doesnt wanna deal with your agressive bullshit anymore
>All your life feel like you are destined for great things and then you realize you will die alone working a dead-end job

I think it's 100% plausible a dude like that would go to desperate lengths to gain fame. And pulling it off was just a matter of plain luck, US presidents have all received numerous assassination attempts (Obama at least 5), so its a matter of time before someone manages to pull off a succesful assassination.
>>
>>67864199
>a matter of time before someone manages to pull off a succesful assassination.
JFK 1963
William McKinley 1901
James A. Garfield 1881
Abraham Lincoln 1865

Seems to be a regular occurrence to be quite honest familia
>>
Fuck this board.
>Everything is called shit and pleb, yet good shows are rarely discussed
>Half the threads are superhero movies or walking dead
>The WORST humor ive ever seen (derp look im pretending to like shitty movies this is so funny)

I had to go to imdb messageboards to get my dose of 11.22.63 discussion
>>
>>67864526
What's there to discuss?
The show is garbage, Franco is trash.
>>
>>67864526
/v/eddit has ruined the board, only capeshit and star wars and walking dead and GOT.
>>
>>67864638
What is there to discuss about superhero movie #32488?

They are literally the same story told with a different hero each time.
>>
>>67863487
My problem is that everything he done was overturned in days so the government clearly thought he was a liability
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.