[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Hateful Eight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: ma.jpg (64 KB, 1920x700) Image search: [Google]
ma.jpg
64 KB, 1920x700
So why did John Ruth believe in Warren's letter anyway?
>>
But anon, the letter WAS real. Didn't you notice how quick SLJ was to bitchslap Daisy when she spit on the letter? A split-second reaction like that implies the letter had true sentimental value. SLJ was just fucking with John Ruth when he said the letter was fake.
>>
>>67858532
The nigger? In the stable? Has a letter? From Abraham Lincoln?
>>
>>67858532

because he wanted.. nay NEEDED to
>>
>>67858608
Except he doesn't need the letter to have "sentimental value" to have a kneejerk reaction like that. As he explains later on, he uses it to make white people feel safer about him. If it's not in pristine condition, it just looks like some raggedy piece of paper a nigger is carrying around, thus rendering it much less useful.
>>
>>67858532
the letter was real, he just made up all the stuff about being friends with Lincoln so he could make a better impression. Truth is, he was just a random nigga from a stack of nigga letters just like the ol' son of a gun says
>>
>>67858608
I HATE TO BE THE ONE TO BREAK IT TO YOU BUT AIN'T NOBODY IN MINNIE'S HABERDASHERY EVER CORRESPONDED WITH ABRAHAM LINCOLN, LEAST OF ALL THE NIGGER
>>
OLD MARY TODDS A ' CALLIN'!
>>
>>67858608

The importance of the letter was real, the letter itself was not
>>
Is it that I'm a drunk & half these movies cause me to fall asleep.

Or is it that, this movie... like a lot of movies, is overrated as fuck.

The Car movie with Russell was better.
>>
>>67859027
Movie is great. It is a pleb filter, you got filtered like the pleb you are.
>>
It was convincing, I guess.
>>
>>67859085
Really? Felt like a rip off of The Great Silence desu.
>>
is this worth watching? I'm on a tear lately any I'll watch anything thats even vicariously western but I'm reluctant to see this.
>>
What did you guys think of the movie? I thought it was pretty good.
>>
>>67859117
It's a shitty resevoir dogs in the west.If that appeals to you wtahc it also its almost 3 hours long quentin really needed to edit this movie more.
>>
>>67859186
Pretty good if you enjoy watching actor performances.
>>
>>67859117
It's great. A lot of talking seems to make people hate it.
>>
>someone unironically likes tarantino's shit movies
lol they must be underage
>>
Daisy Domergue makes Liberty Vallance look like a fucking bad joke. Her actress had fantastic performance int he film
>>
>>67859254
fu xD
>>
>>67859292
lol dis movie is so funny, he calls a nigger NEGRO and theres a funny mexican too xdddd
>>
>>67858532
They both had the same story about the horse dying and they were established as liars. Why did they show up at the wagon's trail?
>>
>>67859202
This is probably bait but
>also its almost 3 hours long quentin really needed to edit this movie more.
People like you sicken me.
>>
>tfw the New Zeeland waifu died
Why Quentin?
>>
>>67859117
Yeah it was quality.

Not out standing and doesn't showcase life in the West beyond the cabin they stay in and carriage rides.

It's just a lot of talking. But it's still great. 8/10
>>
I think the only shit part of the film was when they showed how they got into the cabin and the black dingus part. They should have just let the actors explain those and not show them.
>>
>>67859423
I enjoyed the fuck out of this film because of the actor performances. Good enough whodunit/mystery and Daisy/Jennifer was just fantastic

>>67859456
agreed
>>
>>67859339
Saying nigger in a movie isn't supposed to be funny retard.
>>
>>67859397
The movie is way too long it drones on in the beginning this is on par with Inglorious Basterds in terms of quality.
>>
>>67859117
I don't know how "pure western" you're going on this tangent but watch Bone Tomahawk.

It's a slick western but it turns into the hills have eyes for the last third, but it's entertaining all the way through
>>
>>67859487
>Drones on in the beginning

You had trouble enjoying the good cinematography, directing and Russell - Jackson - Jason - Goggins performances?

Holy fuck.

>>67859512
>It's a 'horror pleb thinks he has taste' post.
>>
The letter being a symbol of hope and the ending was the only thing about the movie

Tarantino tried to make The Thing/Ten Little Indians but failed hard because there was no tension at all when half the fucking cast are bad guys and instead of dying one by one from one mysterious person, nearly all of them were killed at the same time.
>>
>>67859456
I disagree.
I loved how they showed it, how they made it so they got all setup only seconds before John Ruth arrived there and got ready.

The thing I dislike about the movie, which we can all agree, was Quentin narrating.
>>
>>67859610
Yeah I have to agree with this the movie just wasn't interesting.
>>
How do rank them /tv/?

1. Bob
2. Daisy
3. Nigger
4. Mannix
5. Hangman
6. Smithers
7. O.B
8. Jody
9. Oswaldo
10. Joe Gage
>>
>>67859637
>, which we can all agree, was Quentin narrating.
I enjoyed that because it all felt like a play, performed on theater stage for me.

>>67859671
Daisy and her actress was the GOAT
>>
>>67859637
was that Quentin's narration`?

Pretty good.
>>
>>67859471
Also the production was generally tight
Score was great, set design was tight, I noticed the costume design when I usually don't, cinematography was good, great acting

I didn't even notice it was 3 hours long
>>
>>67859541
>Finding a movie entertaining
>"pleb thinks he has taste "

Never claimed to have taste

I just said I enjoyed it DESPITE the fact that it turns into a pseudo-horror movie.
>>
>>67859671
1. Daisy;
2. Oswaldo;
3. O. B.;

And then the rest.
>>
>>67859671
Mannix
O. B.
Hangman
Daisy
N in the stable
Bob
the rest
>>
ABREYHAYUM LINCON'?
>>
File: daisydomerguelick.gif (2 MB, 400x239) Image search: [Google]
daisydomerguelick.gif
2 MB, 400x239
>>67859671
>>67859676
>>67860138
>>67859928
I'm glad JJLis on your lists. She was the standout performance for me.
>>
>>67860857
She was amazing in it. Definitely my favourite character in the movie.
>>
Saw this last night. I enjoyed it. Fucking loved walt goggins. He is based in everything he does.
>>
Because the script had them believe it. Made no fucking sense.
>>
>>67859085

Nah it was overrated and boring but by all means go back to servicing Tarantinos dingus
>>
>>67861357
I love pleb filters
>>
I can't believe no one has said because John Ruth was a gullible dumbass yet. That's the reason.
>>
>>67859117
It's a good movie, was worried about SJW shit but it was a pleasant surprise.
>>
>>67860926
How doesn't it make sense? I thought it was totally understandable that John Ruth believed the letter was real. He got all giddy over it and was super pissed when he finally found it to be fake.
>>
>>67862382
Same here. I was surprised, really.
>>
>>67859418
The chick who drove the coach?
>>
File: daisysmile.jpg (37 KB, 399x387) Image search: [Google]
daisysmile.jpg
37 KB, 399x387
>>67863340
Yeah, he's talking about 6 Horse Judy

"Even though Daisy was better."
>>
>>67859676
>I enjoyed that because it all felt like a play, performed on theater stage for me.
Yeah, but the narration still felt wrong to me. I think it's because they showed a lot happening on screen during it. I would have liked it more if it was just read over an outside shot of the cabin. Overall I really liked it, maybe even loved it.

>>67859671
Daisy Domergue
---
John Ruth
---
Chris Mannix
Marquis Warren
---
Oswaldo Mobray
Bob
---
Everybody else was good
---
Michael Madsen is old and busted, bad choice.

***Honerable mention for Zoe Bell, too fucking cute.***
>>
>>67863661
I actually liked Madsen. Thought he was in his element as a rusty cowboy.
>>
>>67858608
he even had it memorized
>>
>>67864018
I thought he pulled it off in Kill Bill but not in this. He didn't look like the guy he pretended to be or the guy he really was. Too doughy, not gritty enough.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.