[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I'm not black, I'm OJ! What did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
>I'm not black, I'm OJ!

What did he mean by this?
>>
Is OJ a name in america ?
>>
He doesn't base his entire identity off his skin colour like most black people.
>>
>>67857655
>What did he mean by this?
He doesn't give a shit about Cockroach's crusade.
>>
>>67857655
He's literally made out of Orange Juice
>>
>>67857666
this
>>
>I hear you take your coffee blacked

What was he implying with this?
>>
OJ LOCC
>>
>>67857655
Famous blacks aren't looked at in the same capacity as regular black people, he was trying to reclaim that elevated social station and maintain distance from a collective which would be disadvantageous to be a part of.
>>
>>67858194
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEVTQHiAQRA
>>
Was the real OJ like this?
>>
He didn't see himself as "black" in the sense that a lot of black people do. He wasn't black, he wasn't white, he wasn't even a person really. He was god damn OJ. At the time of the trial that put him on almost equal footing as God. People bloat the importance of race in his trial. Don't get me wrong, the race card helped him a fuckton. But people forget that it wasn't just blacks who adored him. OJ wasn't viewed as a black celebrity, he was viewed as America's icon for the American dream. He grew up shitty and became the most celebrated athlete of the time. When he went to trail, nobody wanted to believe he did it. Blacks because race, and whites because it was basically the image for their dream on trial. The every man story of success sitting up in a court room being accused of murdering his wife. People rave about OJ secretly being a huge ego-maniac, but honestly it was deserved. People of the time damn near literally worshiped the ground he walked on.
>>
>>67858244
A nigger? yes
>>
>>67858447
I meant a total dick.
>>
File: nwordpls.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nwordpls.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>67857666
>>67858207
>>67858344
>>
He was above being black. True Uncle Tom speak.
>>
>>67858344
That scene where they're doing the mock cross examination. They have that Marcia Clark stand-in grilling him about his domestic violence and he's trying to turn on the charm and putting on the good ol boy act. The ego on the guy really was crazy.
>>
>>67858959

Is Uncle Tom the most widely misunderstood "insult" ever?
>>
>>67858999
A nigger calling another nigger an Uncle Tom is like a white person calling a nigger a nigger.
>>
>>67857665
No

It is in africa
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.