[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you go from making instant classics like Breaking Bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5
File: awful movie content.png (272 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
awful movie content.png
272 KB, 512x512
How do you go from making instant classics like Breaking Bad and Mad Men.

To dishing out shit like Walking Dead and Better Call Saul?

Where did it all go wrong?
>>
when you want to make money
>>
twd is better than that boring faggy ass shit called "mad men".
>>
>>67857490
BB was pretty good
MM is overrated shit

I like AMCs shows, I like Turned as well as TWD and BCS.

Sorry that you don't enjoy them, you are obviously more sophisticated and have better tastes than everyone else. It's a lonely world up top champ.
>>
Better Call Saul is objectively better than Breaking Bad.
>>
>>67857560
Someone missed the season finale. Or was 90 minutes too long for attention span?
>>
>>67857591
here's your attention
>>
>>67857560
HAHAHAHAHAHA!
good one, mate.
>>
>>67857490

Better Call Saul is literally the best show on tv right now.

I agree that TWD is shit-tier though.
>>
It's called ratings.

Once Walking Dead becomes so shitty to bare who honestly will continue to watch the channel?

They can't even garner an audience for a new show

>Enter the Badlands

Jesus
>>
>>67857490
Better Call Saul is better than Breaking Bad
>>
Halt Catch Fire and The Americans though.
>>
>>67857571
MM was an excellent program, not overrated in the slightest. it deserved all the accolades.

Turned, while entertaining due to setting and premise, wasn't all that good. maybe it got better in the second season, i wouldn't know. the first was filled with lazy writing and tropes.

TWD is the worst show AMC has ever aired. i don't understand how the show gets the ratings it does unless the majority of viewers are kids.
>>
>>67857591
>>67857872
Sorry but if there are literally no explosions then to be very honest a show is not worth watching, it just isn't.
>>
>>67857872
>>67857774
>>67857591
any facts to back that claim?

i honestly think better call saul is awful. Nothing happens, i didn't care for chuck or the blonde chick for a minute, and i kept watching just to see mike do something badass, or saul stop being a faggot and become saul. Instead he dressed up as matlock, kicked some trashcans, and cried in an empty office over some guy being a douche to him.

shit show
>>
>>67857490
Don't know where it went, but it happened right around the time they cancelled Rubicon.
>>
>>67857899
FX
>>
>>67857931

If you trivialize anything it will sound shitty. You're prolly just some normie that only tuned in to BrBa once it got popular in season 2 and only powered through the first slow season knowing it would get more "badass".

BCS isn't better than BrBa but it's a fine show if you're not a schoolboy faggot.
>>
File: 1456548533450.jpg (14 KB, 337x253) Image search: [Google]
1456548533450.jpg
14 KB, 337x253
>>67857490
>Better Call Saul
>shit

It's better than BB past season 2
>>
>>67857931
>nothing happens
what? literally the stupidest criticism of Better Call Saul ever. i think what you meant to say is, "nothing i find interesting happens." which is okay. you don't need to watch.
>>
HBO has taken a far steeper decline
>>
>>67857490
>To dishing out shit like Walking Dead and Better Call Saul?
Both have no competition.

If the next new hit AMC show became successful, then the Walking Dead, in all likeliehood, will immediately have a series finale announcement and whatever season they are currently on at that time would have to wrap it up with the series finale.

>Halt and Catch Fire
>Into The Badlands
>Turned
>Hell on Wheels
You can tell AMC is trying to make the next cult classic show but don't know their audience yet because of how varying each show is - Westerner, Historical, Action. It's all a mesh.
>>
>>67857560
15 year old confirmed
>>
It's easy: they got lucky twice. Every other show they've had has been a failure or sucked.
>>
They've been trying for YEARS to come up with a new show on the creative level of BrBa or MM or with the commercial success of TWD. But they can't do it.
>>
>>67857490
AMC is the closest thing to a premium channel without having to pay extra.

Then my cable company dumped them so I am forced to pirate.
>>
>>67857490
>Better Call Saul
>Shit
nice b8
>>
>>67858252
Vinyl reeks of Baby Boomer impending death.
>>
>>67857490
Breaking bad is extremely overrated but still good, mad men is much better and deserves the praise. TWD is watched by 15 yo who cant watch tv shows based on dialogue because they are "boring" TWD is shit. I hope Amc wont fuck up Preacher.
>>
>>67859336
This said, Ray Romano is really good.
>>
>>67857490

walking dead is garbage but better call saul is fucking great. I might even like it more than BB
>>
>>67857611
>implying anyone with taste wouldnt drop that soap opera garbage after the first episode
>>
File: 1423174123149.jpg (97 KB, 600x569) Image search: [Google]
1423174123149.jpg
97 KB, 600x569
>tfw it's a Better Call Saul Mike episode

also, fun fact: the baseball card guy is in the last season of the office, he works in the warehouse, and Badger from BB is in an episode or 2 in the last season also
>>
File: boobyhill.jpg (25 KB, 549x576) Image search: [Google]
boobyhill.jpg
25 KB, 549x576
>>67857560
All my years, and this is the most pleb shit comment I've ever read on the internet.
>>
>>67857560
Wow, what a hook. Did you wake up with that bait this morning, anon? Thought, "this'll get 'em!" to yourself as you brushed your teeth with Pepsi and Doritos?
>>
i'm pretty sure netflix is funding Better Call Saul you double nigger
it's good
>>
>>67857931
>i kept watching just to see mike do something badass
BrBa crowd in a nutshell.

>cried in an empty office over some guy being a douche to him
He didn't cry because some guy was a douche to him, you goldfish-brained cretin.

Of course you won't like BCS if the only things you can understand in a show is
>Walt no like Gus
>Walt kill Gus!
>BOOOOOOOOM!
>>
>>67857490
Hell On Wheels is easily their best show. Such an underrated masterpiece that will be vindicated by history while TWD is shamefully spoken of in hushed, apologetic tones.
Mad Men will be looked on with pride, having kick started the channel's prestige 11 years ago...and TWD will have Chris Hardwick coming out and saying how he loved the comics but was paid by the network to shill the show.
BrBa will be remembered favorably as a cultural event kept alive by spin-off prequel Better Cuck Chuck, which will live in infamy as having been better than it's parent series-a rare accomplishment. However, Fear the Walking Dead will be forgotten almost entirely save for the occasional list on cracked.com's mid-2010s nostalgia lists in about ten years.
Turn, Halt and Catch Fire, and the rest? Forgotten for the most part, grouped together and spoken of as post-BrBa/MM era good attempts while TWD will only be remembered for propping up the network.
TWD is the fast food of serialized television.
>>
>>67857490
I like Turn but I'd never admit to it in real life.
>>
File: walking dead amc stock price.jpg (77 KB, 555x450) Image search: [Google]
walking dead amc stock price.jpg
77 KB, 555x450
>>67857490
>Where did it all go wrong?

Below is the financial chart of AMC
http://www.google.com/finance?cid=515344

The rise of AMC and its stock price where it is a billion dollar company b/c of its stock valuation is ONLY because of TWD.

Why is only because of TWD? Because no other AMC show even comes close to the viewership of TWD where it is the #1 show on the US. In fact no other TV show on television comes close to viewership of TWD.
>>
>>67860894
I thought Bazinga was still no.1?
>>
>>67857931

Saul was a better character than Walt overall. Walt was smart, but pretentious and very self-centered. He resolved almost all of his conflicts by violence and refused to see the bigger picture. Walt doesn't have much patience for other people and can't work together with other people, which is why his business failed and why the series ended with literally everyone except Saul hating him.

Saul's different. He didn't have to argue for the two skater douchebags- and he didn't even really like them but he stood up for them anyways. He's constantly defending the underdog because that's how he feels and who he is. Even though Walt was pulling his "IT'S OVER WHEN I SAY IT'S OVER" bullshit, Saul stood by him and gave him the best council he could. Even as the series goes on, Saul's constantly impeded by the fact that he has trouble letting other people take flack from his actions.

Also, "watching to see mike do something badass" is literally the most pleb thing you can watch a show for. Maybe switch to something like Daredevil?
>>
>>67857571
BB has pretty cringe- and rageworthy most of the time. The only good parts were when shit actually went down, i.e. when Todd killed the child or when Walter killed Gus.
>>
>>67860615
Mostly accurate. The only thing I would differ in, is that I place Mad Men to be as good, and on several occasions, better than Hell on Wheels. Breaking Bad will be looked back on by the general public as the greatest one though.
>>
AMC didn't make Breaking Bad or Mad Men.

Sony and Lionsgate were behind those and it shows.
>>
>>67861050
Pretty much this. AMC is run by retards who cant manage shows and Walking Dead is 100% owned by AMC.

Their fucking great idea after a very successful first season was to slash the budget for season 2 for some reason and basically force out Frank Darabont.
>>
>>67857490
BCS is good. You pretend to like a slow burn like mad men but can't into Jimmy Mcgill adventures?
>>
>>67860997
>Walter killed Gus.

Hector killed Gus.
>>
>>67861181
but mad men is just so much infinitely more likeable. Dons character arc alone made it one of the most compelling shows i have ever seen.
>>
>>67861264
Technically, the air pressure following the explosion killed Gus.
>>
>better call saul
>bad
No taste here
>>
>>67861316
Technically, given half his face was torn off, the wheelchair debris probably killed gus.
>>
>>67861339
>tfw you like discussing shows about as much as watching them
>but even if BCS goes on for 8 seasons the BCS threads will never be anything more than OMG NOTHING HAPPENS WHEN IS MIKE GONNA KILL EVERYONE in every single thread until the end of time
>>
>>67861116
It used to be a network that only played shitty old movies like TMC (TMC actually plays good old movies). They have come a long ways.
>>
>Better Call Saul
>not better than all three of the shows you mentioned

Literally tv kino
>>
>/tv/ comes out in defense of BCS

Sometimes there's hope for this board. Definitely one of the best shows on tv right now
>>
>>67857571
>thinks BB was pretty good
>unironically watches Turn
>enjoys TWD and BCS
>MM is overrated shit

I bet you thought Low Winter Sun was just misunderstood and are so excited for FtWD next week.

The only thing about TWD that is "good" are the interactions with other survivor groups, especially the hostile ones. But with how poorly they handled the Wolves and that shit awful cliffhanger last night, they can't even get that stuff right.
>>
>>67861583
Anyone who's not a mouthbreathing retard can see that BCS is really good. Ain't got shit on Baskets tho
>>
>>67858088
>once it got popular in season 2

kek, everyone knows Breaking Bad didn't get popular until season 4 and then was THE SHIT during seasons 5A and B. Literally no one gave a fuck about Breaking Bad until then. I remember watching the first two seasons and no one talked about it. The show was almost cancelled and killed by the Writer's Strike.

BCS is trite shit though. How can you stand by a show when the creator (Hack Gilligan) has admitted that he has no idea how Jimmy becomes Saul, has no idea how to get there and has no intentions of getting there anytime soon. AKA they're all milking it and dragging their feet.

This is the M60 in the trunk flashforward all over again.
>>
>>67859336
>>67859375
Vinyl is the best show on tv you numale cuckolds
>>
I happen to like all those shows for different reasons.
>>
>>67861707
Keep telling yourself that.
Whatever helps you justify your shit taste bro.
>>
>>67861116
>season 1 of TWD was a success
>slash the budget
>nearly triple the episode
>lots of indoor sets
>force out the showrunner and all the actors who follow him around wherever he goes

Look at what they're doing with Fear. It's following the exact same formula

>first season - six episodes
>second season - sixteen episodes

Won't be surprised at all if it's split into two half seasons so AMC can run some form of TWD all year long. And it's not surprising at all that they are padding out BCS in a similar fashion.

According to AMC, second seasons only exist to recoup the investment from the first season and maximize profit while minimizing the budget.
>>
>>67861593
It's good as in that it is more entertaining than anything else in it's time slot you gigantic fagnigger, not everything has to be 2deep4u to be enjoyable.
>>
>>67861181
>people praise BCS because "slow burn" and "character driven" when its really just a shitty imitation at best
>meanwhile they hate on shows like Made Men, Boardwalk Empire, that actually are slow burns, that have actual character drama

the ironing, the ironing
>>
>>67861809
BCS and Breaking Bad are both pretty embarrassing, in terms of quality. It's a shame because BCS actually had a lot of promise after season 1 ended, but they writers and execs decided to say fuck all that, let's wring it dry and pad everything out.

But your too busy worrying about something as subjective as "muh taste" "muh popular consensus" to even see that wasted potential.
>>
>>67862071
Why are you replying?
You don't need to justify your awful opinions to me, I really don't care. Seems pretty insecure. You aren't some kind of shitposter, are you?
>>
>>67862071
>Breaking Bad embarassing

How's that HBO cock tasting?
>>
>>67862275
>HBO
>good

HBO has been shit for ten years now.
>>
>>67861707
The Gilligans are complete hacks. The "write ourselves into a corner and write our way out as we go along" meme worked in season 3 of BrBa so they decided to do it for every future season instead of good story and character development
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.