[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Force Awakens not total shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: 451324324324.jpg (24 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
451324324324.jpg
24 KB, 534x401
So Episode VII wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting, what I liked and didn't like:

Pros
>the black guy ended up being based as fuck (/pol/ btfo)
>everything looked and sounded amazing
>actually felt like Star Wars in some places
>fun and an easy watch despite long running time

Cons
>anorexic english bitch who played Rey was awful
>dialogue was retarded (ex. scene with Kylo Ren and Han)
>recasting Leia: the cunt they got looks like a shriveled up cunt version of Carrie Fisher
>relied too much on the plot of A New Hope
>essentially no Luke

That's my thoughts in a nutshell...I'd give it a 5.5/10
>>
>>recasting Leia: the cunt they got looks like a shriveled up cunt version of Carrie Fisher

That's Carrie Fisher though.
>>
>>67856392
>VII wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting
So you listened to /tv/ instead of just seeing it for yourself when it was in theaters?
The reason the movie is regarded as so bad is because it was such a disappointment for all the theater-goers. Nothing happened.
>>
The dialogue was super corny, but so was the original trilogy so that's a plus for me
>>
>>67856442
>>
File: 1459727794214.png (97 KB, 735x608) Image search: [Google]
1459727794214.png
97 KB, 735x608
>>67856392
It's a good movie, I just hate it for being unoriginal, propagandist and having no relatable characters besides finn
>>
>>67856392
>Pros
You'd have to be retarded to think a guy can't be enthusiastic about a project just because he's got a big jawline. You're "/pol/ btfo" line reflects poorly on you because it sounds like you took /pol/ seriously.
>everything looked and sounded amazing
high production values are natural given the budget
>actually felt like Star Wars in some places
where?

TPM > TFA
>>
I enjoyed it but it felt like it was missing something. Same with Star Trek. I think something about Abrams just churns out a soulless production.

It was good but it had no heart.
>>
>>67856456
After the prequels I don't understand how people had any expectations about any SW movie ever. Even if George Lucas wasn't involved.

I enjoyed it, but I wasn't hyped for it at all.
>>

why? , the most annoying part of the movie were the scenes he was in, especially the ones in which he talked
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 600x300
>>67856392
I thought it seemed very antisocial in structure.

Usually fairy tales are structured in terms of what the heroes do for a community, not what they manage to get for themselves and their immediate friends.
>>
>>67856632
With one of the supposedly important major characters being a figher pilot I was hoping for a good dogfight sequence. We haven't had a proper one since RotJ.

AtC was Kenobi evading Slave I, and the opening sequence in RotS derailed into buzzdroids too fast.

Then we end up with some cartoon spectacle of Poe blasting through five TIE fighters that just line up for him and don't have tail gunners like the one from earlier. It doesn't help that the X-wing pilots were just Team Diversity.
>one beaner
>one black alien
>one yellow/tan alien with slanted eyes
>one woman

Come on now.
I can't even expect anything from Rogue One because it has a TV budget.
>>
As a movie I would give it a 6/10 at best. Far better than the prequels.

As a marketing exercise is nearly perfect though.

My younger brothers (14 and 17) liked it, my nephew (9) liked it, my little cousins (two girls 10 and 13) loved the movie and they have now some star wars toys between the dolls.

And the man-childs still following the franchise after ep I to III won't leave the franchise.
>>
>>67856762
I hope Rogue One surprises everyone like 10 Cloverfield Lane but I'm not holding my breath. I want to see it anyway
>>
Too long.

They didn't need half that bullshit.
>>
I enjoyed it for what it was, but it does have some rather weird narrative flaws to it and the unoriginality makes me suspicious of the future movies. If the next one cribs as much from the originals as this one did then that will be a lot harder to forgive.
>>
Here are mine OP

Pros
>Poe. Was as simple as The Best Pilot, and deliver being The Best and The Best Pilot.
>Chewy's shot at the emo guy at that part
>The TRAITOR trooper scene
>Phasma looks
>Great ground combat that felt like the old SW movies

Cons
>Rey is an able sword figther, force-user, pilot, co-pilot, electrician, etc,etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.
>Too much hype on Phasma, did nothing.
>No new alien races characters, save for the old lady on that cantina and the dude that owned the MF. A lot of old, old, old ones on the same exact jobs.
>No comfy cantina. 0/10 theme.
>Chewy didn't give a long emotive roar on his shooting spree.at that part
>Shit plot NEW OC not-Deathstar
>Pointless ton of factions that still can be divided on the good guys vs the bad guys.
>RD-D2 was on auto-low battery and have the thing all along
>>
>>67857310
>pros
>Poe. the guy who did nothing all movie and was supposed to die in the TIE crash.
>praising chewie for doing something in-character
>reddit memes
>a character that literally exists for no reason but promotional material. Has two lines in the entire movie.
>praising the same ground combat where no one but the protags can hit anything. Another reddit meme.
>>
>>67857498
I'm sorry for you men
>>
File: shill.jpg (50 KB, 540x272) Image search: [Google]
shill.jpg
50 KB, 540x272
>>67856392
>>
File: 1392594001661.png (147 KB, 405x330) Image search: [Google]
1392594001661.png
147 KB, 405x330
>>67856392
>Daisy Ridley is anorexic
Yanks, everyone.
>>
>>67856539
>p..pol was just joking, baka
>/pol/ doing damage control, like always

/pol/fags always getting humiliated, it'd be kind of funny if it wasn't so pathetic.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 480x168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 480x168
>>67857310
Yeah, some of the set designs were lacking... Jakku seemed to inhabit less of a 'lived-in' space, and more of a colonial area. Rey could have been hiding out in catacombs or something instead of a tent.
>>
I'm confused. Finn ended up being the worst part of the movie. Me and my asian wife were visually repulsed every time JJ shoved his face onto the screen.

Not to mention it just wasn't a memorable movie.
>>
>>67856392
>the black guy ended up being based as fuck

Try again shill
>>
>>67857692
you have to go back
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 600x331) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 600x331
Maz's Castle could have borrowed from a Hammer Horror setting, but it looked like more like MTV's Cribs....
>>
>>67856392

Well take it easy on leia.
Getting old ain't easy and I think the make-up artists did a pretty okay job at making carrie fisher seem like that intense grandma type of person.

What bugs me the most is all the mysteries left in the movie. I get that J.J. became a big shot with the TV show Lost but that doesn't translate well into a star wars film very well and leaves us open to expect some big plot twist to happen and leaves me too confused.

Why did luke abandond his friends?
Why did Han give up being a commander to go back to smuggling?
Why does Ben kylo idolize his grandfather darth vadar someone who was so evil?
Who the hell is snoke and where does he come from?
How did maz get anakins original lightsaber?
What is rey's flashbacks of being on jakku all about?
Why is Rey so powerful with the force?
Why does leia send Rey to go find Luke, wouldn't it make more sense for the mother of Kylo and the brother of Luke be the best person to find him first? (and don't tell me its because kylo would of sensed where his mother was going to find luke through the force because we've seen Rey is just as force sensitive as fucking kylo)
Who the fuck was the guy that Luke gave the other half of the map to his location to anyway?

Thats what kind of annoys me about Episode 7. Some of the OT did have a sense of mystery to them like "The clone wars" and such but it wasn't vital as a plot element.
Thats what I don't like about this film, the fact of how much mystery is in it thats not explained. granted yeah you have 2 more movies to explain this shit but god theres too much stuff to actually explain at this point.
>>
>>67856392
Finn was the worst part. His attitude didn't fit the tone of the film, way too big, and especially considering he was a stormtrooper abused brainwashed child soldier, he goes from stormtrooper to "you got a boyfriend, cute boyfriend?" REAL quick. Worst part of the film.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.