[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be Honest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 5
File: BvS SW.jpg (32 KB, 600x200) Image search: [Google]
BvS SW.jpg
32 KB, 600x200
Which did you enjoy more?
>>
>>67854380
BvS

To be fair, I expected it to not be good and I was surprised it was okay

I went into 7 expecting it to be great and just got okay
>>
A movie with tons of ambition but falls flat at pretty much every attempt to land it correctly versus a movie with literally no ambition at all.

I'll take suicide for 500

both still better than Age of Reddit
>>
Batman v Superman

I'm sure if I went hyper autists and compared the films from the ground up from an analyst point of view, Star Wars would probably come out on top. But star wars had zero gravitas. I never once felt invested.
BvS on the other hand was at times messy and way over the top, but at least it kept my interest.
>>
batman v superman

not cause it was a better movie or anything, i was just really fucking bored during star wars. with batman v superman i was also really bored for most of it, but it had so many retarded scenes that made me laugh that it was a more enjoyable experience.
>>
>>67854438
>both were better than Age of Ultron
But the quips!
>>
>>67854380
I have no plans to see le exploding building man's newest piece of shit but I doubt it could be as inane and boring as the mary sue awakens, so I'm gonna go with man of murder vs bat of murder.

This was not intended to be a shitpost, it just came out that way. Fucking hacks.
>>
>>67854380
TFA, but they both felt under-developed.
>>
>>67854438

I don't get that logic at all. I'd rather have the more effective movie that succeeds in what it tries to set out.
>>
Batman is a 9/10 film trapped inside a 5/10 shell of bad production

The Force Awakens is just a 6/10 movie
>>
Batman v Superman

It wasn't good but I was at least watching an original movie rather than a lazy cash grab that did't even bother to have its own plot
>>
>>67854609
>I'd rather have the more effective movie that succeeds in what it tries to set out.
So, a 2 hour advertisement?

Because that's literally all age of ultron is.
It's literally offensive that they charged people for that thing.
>>
BvS

TFA was fucking boring
>>
>>67854380
Neither. Both are terrible pieces of shit that confirm how plebian the lowest common denominator is.
>>
>>67854380

Oof
I was more disappointed with Star Wars as I was literally expecting nothing of BvS but I have to admit it's still the better movie.
Though really it's the difference between a 4 or 5/10 and 6 or 6.5/10
>>
>>67854679

BvS was more of an advertisement. They literally went into a teaser trailer compilation of all other justice league people movies.
>>
BvS

I LOVED them both but I felt that BvS just had more to it. Plus it wasn't a remake of a superior movie.
>>
I watched both and BvS was actually more enjoyable. Best meme scene in Force Awakens was the ending with Luke and Rey awkwardly staring at each other
>>
TFA was best
>>
TFA had more fun moments but ultimately disappoints more because JJ shirked his worldbuilding duties.

BvS is decent if your expectations are low.
>>
>>67854380
>episode 7
>enjoy
Is anyone more deluded than a redditor?
>>
>>67854622
>original movie
>starring batman and superman
>featuring plot from death of superman and dark knight returns
>cameo by wonder woman, flash, aquaman, and cyborg
>original
>original
>original
i guess it's original in the sense that it's the ORIGIN of the justice league. anyways, go ahead and make a post slamming tfa's mediocrity because you assume i liked that more
>>
>>67854380
BvS

It had a story to tell and did it solidly. TFA had nostalgia cock to stroke and bandwagon a lot of people.
>>
>>67854823
>BvS was more of an advertisement.
Jesus Christ no.
Not even close.
>They literally went into a teaser trailer compilation of all other justice league people movies.
Yes they did. For 2 minutes.
The ebtirity of age of ultron was for advertising Cap 3, Avengers 3, Thor 3, Black Panther, and a Hulk movie that isn't even going to get made anymore.
Hell, by the time the final fight us about to begin, ultron has already been dismissed as the major threat and they're just heading off to fight with him to close out the movie with yet another big marvel battle in the city.
>>
I enjoyed neither of them more
>>
Everything with Batfleck was better than TFA

But overall I am not sure. Rey is a really shallow, best at everything sort of character. All Order forces are incompetent as fuck. The death planet was fucking retarded, it was beyond "suspension of disbelief" tier.
>>
>>67854380
Batman v Superman. As some have already said: it felt like a new story (though there were obvious inspirations taken from the comics). I enjoyed TFA as well.
>>
>>67854978
I can agree with this.

BvS is a fucking mess of a movie but it has some powerful scenes and some more realistic themes on super heroes.

Age of Ultron was literally an insulting experience. Yes, perhaps less all over the place, but the film was more obsessed with the MCU's longevity than its own story.
>>
>>67854380
BvS. By a lot.
>>
BvS, but that might be just because I'm a big Batman fan.
>>
Batman v Superman.

I like that it's a different kind of superhero movie.
I like just how much gravitas the film has even when it doesn't work.
I absolutely loved the musical score and hope at least Junkie returns for Justice League now that Zimmer is retiring from capeshit.
And the first 15-20 minutes are probably more intense than the opening of any marvel movie.

The Force Awakens... after seeing it a second time it really feels like they didn't try.
>>
>>67854945
original MOVIE. I don't give a shit about comics and I've never read any in my life.

And I don't recall Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg appearing on the big screen before so I don't see how that's not original
>>
>>67854978
This, they had one scene that got it out of the way and somewhat serviced the subplot, AoU had scenes that served nothing but to tease the movies coming up
ironically, now that BvS got it out of the way they can still recover and make good shit, but Marvel might end up going on a downward trend if Civil war isn't top tier
>>
>>67855238
Well I wouldn't go as far as to defend the justice league teaser scene, but yeah, nowhere near as offensive as age of ultron.
Holy shot that Thor bath scene still makes me mad.
>>
>>67855340
I'm not saying the scene was good, it wasn't but at least it played a part in Wonder Woman's arc and ending of the film
>>
>>67855238
Civil War will probably at worst still be entertaining, but It's really up to Thor 3 and Guardians 2 to make or break the MCU
>>
>>67855389
>>67855340
the thor scene had nothing to do with anything, that was my point
>>
lmao all the contrarian faggots ITT
>>
Where the fuck is Hulk?
>>
>>67855409
Thor 3 will be shit, no doubt about that
GotG might be as okay as the last film, since they set it up to go somewhere interesting. I didn't hate GotG, even though it was reddit-tier in a lot of places
>>
File: marvel.jpg (86 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
marvel.jpg
86 KB, 679x864
>>67855427
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE
>>
BvS. It was shit overall and not even saying I liked it, but it got me excited for some more Batman movies at least.

Was very excited for TFA, though I'm not sure why since Abrams doesn't have a creative bone in his entire body. Just another one of his cold and soulless projects for his puppet masters. Nothing to take away from it.
>>
>>67854419
This.

First post, always best post.
>>
>>67854380
BVS by far. Disney Wars a shit.
>>
>>67854380
both were quite childish to be honest.
Star wars had better visuals and nostalgia factor
BvS had a cool batman
>>
BvS, easy.

I've already forgotten TFA's plot, and I saw it at midnight.
>>
>>67855999
it's episode 4 with a nigger at a geriatric home
>>
>>67854609
Would you rather watch the a deeply flawed movie that you enjoyed, or, an episode of a superhero cartoon on Satuday Morning?

That's the way I see it. The second may be a better movie, but it has absolutely no value to me.
>>
Contrarian Circlejerk: The Thread
>>
>>67856116
see >>67855519

shoo shoo shitposter-san
>>
>>67856116
>once more, the pleb rages on against his patricians betters
>>
>>67854380
Definitely BvS
>>
>>67856166
>making fun of an anon being retarded is shitposting now
>>
>>67856116
>>67855427
>>>/v/
>>
>>67854380
BvS was fun as fuck
>>
>>67856580
this
>>
Carrie fisher and the orange ruined TFA for me
>>
>>67854380
BvS. Probably because I hate Disney since I found out they're run by jews
>>
>>67854380
TFA
I left BvS absolutely miserable
>>
BvS by far.

The numerous details aside, I thoroughly appreciate a movie that sets out to do something new and unique (despite being criticised for it) rather than a movie that plays it completely safe and offers nothing new to the table, instead drowning itself in fan service,
>>
>>67856753
>BvS
>new and unique

I love this meme. The only original idea this movie had was making Supes a miserable cunt. Everything else is taken from some other source
>>
>>67856786
sadly people seem to be mistaken 'original' idea with bad writing. They made Supes unlikable because its the only way to fit him into the plot. In good stories, the characters should drive the plot, while in the bad ones, its plot-driven. The result is, they tied Supes hands tightly, forcing the character to do things they originally wouldn't have done.
>>
>>67857218
I don't know why it's bad to do something new for these characters. Wonder Woman and Batman gave up and Superman was more focused on every failure than he was with his success.

By the end Superman was able to save everyone, Batman went back to his code to honor Superman, and Wonderwoman came back to man's world. I liked it because of that.
>>
BvS story is literally scenes taken out The Dark Knight Returns animation and Superman : Doomsday(2007) animation. Literally snyder watched this shits and hmm that looks cool add that. add this . It has no direction what so ever. It works in those because they arent suppose do related. TDKR works because batman is dead old , gonna die what ever so he attacks brute force on superman. They know eachother very well etc etc... Superman doomsday works because people dont know clark who is etc etc neither lois. And it didnt kill clark , bvs is so stupid .

still bvs.
>>
TFA by far.

BvS had shown all the good things in the trailer, its full with shallow unsubtle speeches and symbolism which going nowhere, and I got bored when they reached the final battle. Batfleck alone cant save this crap. Not hyped with JL movie either.
>>
>>67857324
>I don't know why it's bad to do something new for these characters

Batman going full angrytard and starting to attack when Superman asks him to listen to him is totally out of character and just not Batman.
>>
>>67856786
I meant more like it separated itself from the usual capeshit. Probably the first/second superhero movie in the capeshit era to actually try and be serious rather than vomiting quips alongside generic filmmaking and a generic soundtrack.

TFA was ok but you could tell they wanted to play it safe so they just copied the plot of A New Hope and envisioned it in JJ Abram's generic sci-fi blockbuster style.
>>
>>67854380
I don't give a flying fuck about either franchises, but BvS by a mile. SW was fun I guess but I wouldn't ever want to watch it again except because Rey is so fucking attractive. BvS had really good moments, it was a hell of a film without even caring about it being a capemovie.
>>
I fucking HATED BvS.

TFA was worse for me though just because I expected a good movie.
>>
>>67857324
Its not about the new. Literally all writers in DC comics tried something new with them. The question is, does the story does the characters justice? The answers are no for Lex and Supes, also no for Batman to some extent, and WW is just a cameo, we dont know her story until the end, and what was she actually doing the whole movie besides looking for a picture.
>>
>>67858033
the answer was yes for all four fampai
>>
>>67857729
>MUH BATMAN
fuck off back to
>>>/co/
faggot
>>
>>67858126
>fuck off back to
>>>>/co/
>faggot

i doubt i belong there, given the facts that i dont read comic books and i only like MoS version of Superman
>>
>>67858231
only a /co/fag would ever say a character they introduced in this movie is out of character
>>
>>67858255

oh yeah yeah
sure

Batman is well known for being dumb and angry mad idiot who just charges right into a fight when there could be other options

10/10
>>
TFA, I however do hate that fucking bitch Mary Sue Rey
>>
The Force Awakens was definitely better, although I disliked both films for different reasons.
>>
>>67858126
>>67858255

>stop arguing with me you faggot! I'm only 12! faggot!
>>
>>67854380
The Force Awakens, by a long shot. TFA knew what it wanted to be right from the get-go (essentially a safe ANH rehash), whereas BvS, in an attempt to steal Marvel's thunder, threw absolutely everything at the wall only to find that nothing stuck (and that some of the stuff they threw bounced back and smacked them right in the face).
>>
File: redson.jpg (49 KB, 485x295) Image search: [Google]
redson.jpg
49 KB, 485x295
>>67858579
>I can't address criticism so i call people 12
>>
B v S.
>>
>>67854419
First post says it as it is.
>>
Im not a DC shill or Zack Snyder so TFA.

Easily.
>>
>>67855427
>>67856116
keking at the mad star wars fanboys ITT
>>
>>67857829
Separating yourself from capeshit by being terrible isn't commendable. Just look at Tranks Fantastic 4.
>>
>>67854380
As flawed as it was, BvS brought something new. TFA was just pimped version of New Hope.
>>
liked BvS better. don't like any of the new TFA characters and I feel it failed to go deep into the Star Wars Universe. All the locations were rehashes. Very poor expectations for the rest of the series at this rate. Maybe we'll get an original location.
>>
BvS. TFA was a soulless corporate product of a film with literally no likeable or relatable characters except Finn.
>>
>>67858865
>>67858811
Amazing that the complaints you have for TFA are just as bad in BvS kek
>>
File: 1459546576987.png (169 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
1459546576987.png
169 KB, 679x864
>>67858889
DISNEY STRONK
>>
>>67858889
>just as bad

Snyder's capeshit is worse in literally every way.
>>
>>67858889
but i liked the characters and locations in bvs.
I accept that there is a double standard here but only that i hold the fantasy genre to a different standard.
>>
>>67858770
I'm kekking at you, faggot. Your shitty DC movie is a critical and financial disappointment. You have nothing to laugh about.
>>
Unironically BvS

I'd rather rewatch ep 3 than watch TFA again
>>
>>67854380
BvS
>>
One is kino
The other is a joint
I enjoyed the capekino
>>
The Force Awakens. It was a rehash, but it made for a comfortable viewing experience. Didn't feel like a movie so much as it felt like an extended Star Tours ride at Disneyland.

Batman V Superman was just dumb. Zack Snyder is just Michael Bay without any self-awareness. It failed to capture the spirit of its characters. It spent too much time damage controlling Man of Steel. There was no payoff. It builds and build and the climax is so underwhelming.
>>
File: jamesc.jpg (32 KB, 425x594) Image search: [Google]
jamesc.jpg
32 KB, 425x594
>>67859466
>"Your" shitty DC movie
>mistaking me for a DC fanboy
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.