[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good Chinese movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
What are some good Chinese movies?
>>
the dry cleaning movie
>>
that kung fu movie
>>
anything made by stephen chow
>>
the last samurai
>>
File: BASED.png (538 KB, 719x543) Image search: [Google]
BASED.png
538 KB, 719x543
Anything with pic related.
>>
>>67852913
this
>>
>>67852814
Literally none. All propaganda. Anyone who disagrees is from reddit.
>>
File: boat.jpg (21 KB, 220x337) Image search: [Google]
boat.jpg
21 KB, 220x337
A Chinese Odyssey (1 and 2) are two of my favourites movies.

Boat People is an amazing movie and is one of the very few that I think should actually be remade.
>>
>>67852814
The Assembly.
>>
>>67852814
To Live
Raise the Red Lantern
A lot of things from Zhang Yimou really
>>
Mr. Vampire
Encounters Of A Spooky Kind (I swear Sam Raimi was influenced by this and this came out months before or after The Shining did and it has the same music in the intro. I wonder if it was just a coincidence or more to it).
>>
>>67852976
and hollywood isn't?
>>
File: ebola.jpg (14 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
ebola.jpg
14 KB, 275x183
Hong Kong have a great selection of B movies/gore/CAT 3 movies.

Ebola Syndrome is my personal favourite.
Better than Untold Story I felt.
>>
File: Aftershock.jpg (25 KB, 300x445) Image search: [Google]
Aftershock.jpg
25 KB, 300x445
>>67852814
This is really good.

Literally a 10/10.
>>
>>67852976
whats wrong with propaganda afraid it will control your feeble mind?
>>
I think a very good South Korean influenced movie from HK is called Revenge: A Love Story. If you watch it you will see what I mean.

Rigor Mortis is also a good modern horror movie which has a very nice style to it. I'd recommend watching the prequels to understand what is going on.

Mr Accident
Mad Detective

Both are good standard action movies with some twists.
>>
>>67852814
>>67852912
Kung Fu Hustle is one of my favorite movies of all time.
>>
>>67853415
You should watch The Eagle Shooting Heroes.
You can tell Stephen Chow loves this movie. He got about 5 or 6 skits from this movie and put it in Kung Fu Hustle.
>>
Is the second movie about that thai elephant protector that got rekt at the end of the first one already out.
>>
>>67853548
Just watch SPL 2.
>>
Hero is nice
>>
>>67852941
>HONG KONG
>CHINESE

NICE TRY MAINLAND SCUM
>>
Anything Xu Haofeng made could simply be confusing enough to fit /tv/'s taste.
>>
>>67853759
dai lok!!!!!!!
>>
Hard Boiled
>>
>>67853759
Couldn't find the meme with tiny dick honker waving UK flag
>>
I'm trying to learn Chinese but why are half the films in some random incomprehensible dialect?
>>
>>67854166
I don't think they are. I just think you don't realise how shit you are.
>>
Infernal Affairs and Election
>>
>>67853963
And Jiang Wen's.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.