[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, is this worth watching?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: Battlestar-galactica-w.jpg (421 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Battlestar-galactica-w.jpg
421 KB, 1280x1024
Now that the dust has settled, is this worth watching?
>>
>>67851501
Yes, it's one of the best sci-fi shows. It has its ups and downs, but in the end it has great characters and storylines.
>>
>>67851501

S1 and 2 are fucking brilliant m8. S3 starts off ok, kinda meh in the middle but the last 4 episodes are god tier.

S4 is... well lets say the writers strike killed it.
>>
File: image.jpg (155 KB, 1024x670) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155 KB, 1024x670
>>
Too many seasons never gonna watch
>>
>>67851761
Dr Baltar, I'm starbuck.
>>
>>67851761

Would betray race and doom mankind for any of them tbhwu
>>
>>67851501
if you liked DS9 and hated Voyager then all you need to know is that Ron Moore took all the ideas he wasn't allowed to put in Trek and made them happen in BSG with a pretty good cast and great effects
>>
>>67851501
No

Its babylon 5 for Normies
>>
>>67851501

Fantastic show, has its bad episodes to be sure and I felt like they never quite went anywhere with the Baltar storyline but easily one of the best Sci fi series ever.

Pity the "message" in the finale directly contradicts the rest of the show (ie the Cylons in the end were much the same as their creators and just as we couldn't help but make them, they couldn't help but made in the image of their creators)
>>
>>67851736
Yep, pilot, s1, s2 are great. S3 starts to suck.
>>
File: Farscape-Scorpius[1].jpg (80 KB, 455x341) Image search: [Google]
Farscape-Scorpius[1].jpg
80 KB, 455x341
>>67852036
>I felt like they never quite went anywhere with the Baltar storyline
>>
Yes, it's very good, even if you aren't into sci-fi, it touches many other themes.
I just finished rewatching it, will probably re watch it again in 5-10 years
>>
>>67852146

Not sure what you're tryin to say to me Scorpy, but what was the point of him leading that hippy monotheistic cult? If he's supposed to be Abraham basically it was lost on me. If we had see him gradually become a true believer it'd be different but he never seemed to wholly give up his cynicism
>>
someone post grace park's lewds <3

I'll also take this moment to say, fuck you Laura Roslin.
>>
>>67852208

BSG, deep space 9, Babylon 5, Farscape, and Star Trek: TNG.

I feel like watching all 5 you'll get every perspective you'd ever need from science fiction. From gonzo weirdness to hard military SF
>>
>>67852486
Well Baltar was really searching himself through all that...no one believed in Baltar's sudden changes of orientation, but it made sense that he was the most confused character in the whole show.
>>
>>67852486
it's pretty obvious that Baltar didn't believe that he could be a guru or something...he just loved to think that he could be, and when he saw that people were buying his shit, he thought he had a responsibility...
>>
On a semi related note, anyone else notice how after BSG ended, space opera or space ANYTHING was a dead genre for nearly a decade now? It's finally started back up with some solid shows like The Expanse, Killjoys, and Dark Matter.

It seems silly to me that SyFy sucking ass had that much to do with it, but I'm finally adults seem to be back in charge at the network after it being a joke for so long
>>
>>67852486
originally his cult was going to go full on Manson family mode and start killing people, but the length of the writer's strike had RDM think about it more and eventually abandon that idea. You can see certain scenes in the first half of the season that start to lay the foundations for this.

I do think the eventual point was to have him become a true believer; his whole speech to Cavil in the finale showed this. But it does in retrospect seem to be a frivolous use of time
>>
>>67851501
If you like shitty writing, sure.
>>
File: 1458335655036.gif (466 KB, 284x176) Image search: [Google]
1458335655036.gif
466 KB, 284x176
>>67852565

>not mentioning Stargate SG-1

The fuck is wrong with you pham?
>>
Peaks at the start of Season 3

Then they focus way too much on the lore/religious stuff and season 3 is just full of fucking filler filler filler. It gets better with the Season 4 mutiny angle and I liked the ending for what it was.
>>
Spoiler: God did it all.
>>
>>67854880
Fuck, Gaeta's mutiny was undoubtedly the highlight of Season 4
>>
>>67851986
Are you confusing this with DS9? It has nothing to do with Babylon 5
>>
>>67851501
Great show juggles a lot of different characters with different levels of influence and abilities in that sense its a tad like game of thrones
>>
>>67851761
>Cylons are Sluts. It is ridiculously easy to seduce a Cylon. Even complete nerds like Helo can seduce a Cylon. You might even get really lucky and score the grand prize: a threesome with Six and Three ... of course, you'll have to betray the entire human race not once, but twice, as well as suffer horrific torture beforehand.
>>
>>67851501
its a great show up until the finale which retroactively fucks it up the ass.

desu its all downhill after Kara goes mystically missing. might as well stop at that point. rest is very good, but they clearly ran out of ideas towards the end and boy does it show.
>>
>>67851501
Yes, I was obsessed with this show when it was airing. television has really gone down hill the last years.

2000's specifically 2004-2009 were the Golden Years of TV

Rome
Deadwood
Carnivale
BSG
Sopranos
Lost
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.