[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember way back in 2007 when this movie happened? What are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: Beowulf.jpg (73 KB, 473x700) Image search: [Google]
Beowulf.jpg
73 KB, 473x700
Remember way back in 2007 when this movie happened?

What are the chances we'll see a theatrical animated movie like this again?
>>
Jungle Book remake is out
>>
>>67850009
I think he meant something specifically for adults.
>>
>>67849988
this movie sucked except for the part with grendel
>>
>>67850133
I haven't seen it ages so I barely remember it but I just find it a bit surprising Americans did an animated theatrical movie for an older audience like this.

I don't think Beowulf was exactly a box office bomb either, though it didn't make that much. I'd say animated theatrical films like this would fare better among audiences these days.
>>
>>67850325
Google's data magic tells me Beowulf cost $150M and only made 45M more than that.
>>
>>67850133
>that bit with the noises wrecking grendels head
Fuck that uncanny valley effect was creepy as hell
>>
>>67850389
That doesn't mean it's a bomb right? Though I guess only a $45M profit could make them paranoid enough to never try it again.
>>
>>67850696
If not a bomb, that kind of modest profit wouldn't have been enough for the studio even in 2007 let alone today.
>>
what other movies are made by directors that hate the source material?
>>
>>67851113
Batman V Superman.
>>
>>67850133
I AM RIPPER, TEARER, SLASHER, GOUGER, I AM TEETH IN THE DARKNESS, TALONS IN THE NIGHT. MINE IS STRENGTH, AND LUST, AND POWER
>>
There were a dozen virgins
Fresians Thanes and Franks
We took them for some pickn'
But all we got were wanks.
*Chorus
Oh, we are Beowulf's army.
Each a mighty Thane
We'll pummel your asses
And ravage your lasses
And do it all again.

The prettiest of the virgins
She was so fair and sweet.
I told her I'd a organ
For where to spread my seeed.
*Chorus
The oldest of the virgins
She was a vandal lass.
I showed her my mighty weapon
And she showed me her ass.
*Chorus
The fattest of the virgins
We took her for a whore.
I gave her all me codpiece
She still wanted more.
*Chorus
Her sister was from Norway
She cost me 20 groats.
She showed there was more ways
Then oneto show me oats.
*Chorus
Her mother was from Iceland
And she was very hot.
It took a whole damn iceberg
To cool her burning twat.
*Chorus
>>
>Robin Wright Penn
Lel
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP8EgMUVmwk
>>
>>67850696
The rule of thumb is:
2x Production budget = Break even

Big budget movies cost a lot more than just their base production budget (marketing etc.).
>>
>>67851288
I AM BEOWULF
>>
>>67851380
With that I mean that marketing is NOT part of the production budget.
>>
>>67849988

Dat based Beowulf theme music.
>>
>>67851358

the best CGI gets wasted on retarded shit
>>
>>67849988
I watched this movie for the first time in years the other day. I used to love it as a kid and would watch it over and over, and just now watching it again it didn't disappoint. I now have a mild obsession with Beawulf.

>>67850133
The scene on the beach with the warrior that asks him to fight is epic
>>
>>67850133
but you're wrong
>>
stupid
>>
>>67849988

I thought the CGI was amazing when I saw it in theater, but after rewatching it I don't think it's aged that bad. It's nice, comfy fantasy film with great music and Ray Winstone's beautiful voice.

>>67850133

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0fFI0ziCs8
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.