[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey mMMMmmm, boys, Can anyone tell me why some people are using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: mgid-ao-image-mtv.jpg (36 KB, 980x551) Image search: [Google]
mgid-ao-image-mtv.jpg
36 KB, 980x551
Hey mMMMmmm, boys,

Can anyone tell me why some people are using the word "quip" like its a negative thing? Quip literally means witty, intelligent dialogue.

I think it shows just how desperate some people (DCucks) are that the best "insult" they can come up with is actually unintentional praise for Marvel films.

>HAHA YOUR MOVIE HAS WITTY AND AMUSING DIALOGUE!!!!!

Uh - ok? Thanks. Your """"insults""""" make as much sense as the plot and characterisation in BvS does - that is, none at all. I'd rate your attempt at presenting an anti-Marvel narrative at about 29 out a 100 - a familiar number to you DCucks, I gather. MMMMM.

Top kek as they say. Keep it up with the flopping movies and clinging to TDK from 2008 forever, Marvel will have replaced DC in the public consciousness entirely by 2020.

Have a great day,
*stops to murder a thousand innocent by standers*
mmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmMMMM
*tries to make a grimdark film about two action figures fighting each other deep while simultaneously making 1/2 the film a preview for future DCEU shit*
BOYS!
>>
>>67849924
>witty, intelligent dialogue
>MCU movie

Pick one.
>>
>>67849961
If you say Marvel movies have quips, that means they have witty intelligent dialogue, because that's what a quip is.

Marvel films are full of gallows humour.
>>
>>67849924
BvS is a tragedy, and the theme is "Death of God". That's weighty stuff. Excessive humor in this kind of story would make about as much sense as a sloppy wet fart let go during the eulogy of a funeral service for a national hero.
>>
>>67850017
Most people don't think it counts as witty or intelligent.
>>
File: Cry.png (255 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
Cry.png
255 KB, 770x711
>>67849924
DELETE THIS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>67850110
Don't piss in a jar and tell me it's kino
>>
>>67850110
Floating dirt ruins your shitty theme
>>
>>67849924
>Your """"insults""""" make as much sense as the plot and characterisation in BvS does - that is, none at all.

zack snyder on suicide squad (worse form of suicide watch)
>>
I quip, I'm a quipper. I find it easy to make friends and get women in the extreme short term but I can't maintain any of these connections. I'm the marvel of beta males
>>
>>67850110

But hes not a god, hes not even a man
>>
>>67849924
>Hey mMMMmmm, boys,
>Can anyone tell me why some people are using the word "quip" like its a negative thing? Quip literally means witty, intelligent dialogue.
>I think it shows just how desperate some people (DCucks) are that the best "insult" they can come up with is actually unintentional praise for Marvel films.
>>HAHA YOUR MOVIE HAS WITTY AND AMUSING DIALOGUE!!!!!
>Uh - ok? Thanks. Your """"insults""""" make as much sense as the plot and characterisation in BvS does - that is, none at all. I'd rate your attempt at presenting an anti-Marvel narrative at about 29 out a 100 - a familiar number to you DCucks, I gather. MMMMM.
>Top kek as they say. Keep it up with the flopping movies and clinging to TDK from 2008 forever, Marvel will have replaced DC in the public consciousness entirely by 2020.
>Have a great day,
>*stops to murder a thousand innocent by standers*
>mmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmMMMM
>*tries to make a grimdark film about two action figures fighting each other deep while simultaneously making 1/2 the film a preview for future DCEU shit*
>BOYS!

Saved for future use as copypasta
>>
File: unox_good_pasta.png (157 KB, 472x232) Image search: [Google]
unox_good_pasta.png
157 KB, 472x232
>>67849924
>>
Disney owns almost every magazine and newspaper in the country

The critic conspiracy is real
>>
>>67850363
They don't even need too, Disney dick sucking is a global pastime
>>
>>67850412
Kinda of a chicken and egg thing here tho
>>
>>67850363
RT is owned by WB though.
>>
>>67850363
This conspiracy theory of yours makes no sense. Why would Disney want to hurt the potentially fragile capeshit market? A bad capeshit just makes people less excited for the next capeshit.
>>
>>67850579

>Not realizing Disney will end up buying DC, thinking they want this shit mark on their ip's
>>
>>67849961
Did you even read his post?
>>
>>67850840
>Implying DCucks can read
These are the people who think BvS is a visionary work of cinema
>>
File: marvel.jpg (86 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
marvel.jpg
86 KB, 679x864
>>67851065
>>67850142
>>
BvS was a good movie
It was jumpy at times but never did I feel like I was unsatisfied, aside from the shitty dreams that had no place being in the god damn movie except to forshadow the shitty DCEU and Darksied
>>
>>67850503
RT is just an aggregator they have no influence on reviews
>>
>>67849924
>mmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmMMMM
>*tries to make a grimdark film about two action figures fighting each other deep while simultaneously making 1/2 the film a preview for future DCEU shit*
>BOYS!

>>67851026
>>
>>67850631
Disney won't stop until they completely own your childhood and the entire media
>>
File: CUCK MY WIFE INTO PIECES.png (152 KB, 293x398) Image search: [Google]
CUCK MY WIFE INTO PIECES.png
152 KB, 293x398
>>67851122
Not how that works senpai
>>
>>67849924
Quips aren't inherently bad, but it's the way marvel movies use them.

They dispel all tension, shying away from any dramatic or emotional impact a scene or event might have had. It's key part to escapism of marvel movies, and that's fine if that's what you are after. I personally prefer movies that try to tackle serious events and themes head on.
>>
>>67851441
>They dispel all tension, shying away from any dramatic or emotional impact a scene or event might have had.

Not true. It's very realistic to joke around in life and death situations. It's a coping mechanism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallows_humor

Gallows humor has been described as a witticism in response to a hopeless situation. It arises from stressful, traumatic, or life-threatening situations, often in circumstances such that death is perceived as impending and unavoidable.

>Murderer James French has been attributed with famous last words before his death by electric chair: "How's this for a headline? 'French Fries'."

>Ronald Reagan, upon being transported to the emergency room after being shot by John Hinckley, Jr., is reported to have said to his doctors, "I hope you're all Republicans"
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.