[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any editors here? What are you working on? What's your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Premiere-Pr-w-hit2k.jpg (261 KB, 800x447) Image search: [Google]
Premiere-Pr-w-hit2k.jpg
261 KB, 800x447
Any editors here?

What are you working on?
What's your favorite program?
>>
>>67847055
How can I learn about editing without going to film school?
>>
>>67847055
Premiere Pro for film stuff

Sony Vegas for gaming stuff
>>
I am starting to try out Premiere. Its weird as fuck for me cause I mostly use Avid or Sony Vegas Pro
>>
>>67847067
Online tutorials + experimenting with programs yourself (try editing recorded computer game footage into like a "movie", that's simple, fun, and teaches you a lot).
>>
>>67847067
Lynda.com is a good place to learn or just YouTube can help
>>
>>67847067
By going to films
>>
>>67847067
Go to films.
just like Quentin
>>
>>67847067
Sony Vegas is the easiest to learn, and is mostly used with Youtube+vidya stuff, but isn't really used in the industry. Premiere Pro is the best midlevel thing since it's not too hard to learn and is used in industry. Don't learn final cut. Avid is used in the industry loads but is clunky and can't really learn well by yourself.
>>
>>67847055
I installed Premiere last night before going to bed. Going to experiment with it when I get home.

I used Avid for a little bit but my Macbook Air couldn't handle it. Then used FCPX, which was sort of alright and ran great, but I decided to start using something better.

I'm really new to the whole editing thing, but I want to get some practice because I'm planning to shoot a movie soon and don't want to spend a lot of money on an outside editor (the movie is basically practice anyway). What are some good tutorials?
>>
>>67847200
I'd reiterate what >>67847108 said and suggest trying to make a movie out of some already assembled footage, whether from a video game or TV series (like, try and combine a few GOT episodes into a 'movie' focusing on a single character). It will help you learn the bread and butter of editing (timelines, cutting, transitions, logical editing) but save you having to actually get any footage.
>>
>>67847313
The stuff I practiced with Avid was trying to recut the Star Wars prequels into something watchable

That seems like really good advice and I'll do that, combined with editing nature clips I shot together into something.

Would you happen to know some good Adobe Premiere specific tutorials? Software itself can be overwhelming at times.
>>
>>67847055
Same, using Premiere and After Effects for a short film at the moment. Used Corel VideoStudio in the past because it was super cheap, but it doesn't compare to other program's features and compatibility.

Do most of you guys use editing suites for work? I've really just used it for personal movies for fun. Current project is no exception. Been filming on and off on weekends for a couple months, but just finished this weekend.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.