[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So we all agree fellowship is the best, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (391 KB, 1452x701) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
391 KB, 1452x701
So we all agree fellowship is the best, right?
>>
>>67843084
fellowship probably looks best now because the CG in the other movies is not that good, especially two towers

i like the story and myths in the first one most of all, there's more time devoted to that instead of battle after battle

theyre all great though
>>
>>67843084
yes

i think ive watched fellowship about 50+ times since it was released and up until now. it never loses it magic
>>
>>67843084
Fellowship good but not best. Two Towers best.
>>
>>67843084
would be nice if they went to the other books and took the same care they did with the fellowship unlike that hobbit crap.
>>
>>67843084
more like the most boring one
>>
>>67843084
Fellowship>>Rotk>>>Two Towers
>>
>>67846069
Two Towers>Fellowship>>>>Rotk
>>
>>67846282
nei
>>
>>67843084
second best. Best is Return.
>>
FotR > RotK > tTT

All three are top 10 favourite films of all time though
>>
>>67843084
If I feel like watching an adventure, then Fellowship is best
If I feel like watching an epic movie, Return is best.
If I feel like watching a good blend of both, Two Towers is best.
All three are great movies, just depends on what I feel like watching.
>>
>>67843084
>aragorn gets greater importance on the cover as the movies advance
>>
>>67843170
the only thing that looks shitty in two towers is the wargs. couldn't get the hair right
>>
People arguing that two towers or return are good

Not remembering the shit scene where aragorn fell off the cliff and it was so sad and tense

or the ghost army that rendered the perfect charge of the rohirrim pointless
>>
When I was young I always hated fellowship, but as I matured I realized that liking the battles made me a fucking manchild, so I now think that fellowship is the best one.

:3
>>
i consider it all one movie. i love them all equally, just finished watching the extended cut again.

i know it's shit but i wanna see the hobbit extended but can't find any torrents that aren't utter shit, can someone please help
>>
>>67849876
it didn't though, withouth the rhonin, gondor would fall,a dn there would be nothing left(not that that would change the ending of the movie tbqh)
>>
>>67849876
the ghost army makes me laugh every time, the way it goes to a long shot and you can see all the little green ghouls speeding all over the battlefield making reee noises
>>
>>67849909
watch a fanedit instead
>>
>>67843084
Fellowship has always been my favourite because of the Balrog, Boromir and the opening scenes in the Shire. Also obviously the music and world-building.

TTT was my favourite book, but then Boromir's death scene at the beginning and Shelob at the end were shunted into movies 1 and 3 which left TTT my least favourite movie.

Movies - TFotR > RotK > TTT
Books - TTT > TFotR > RotK
>>
>>67850237
...i wanna watch the extended original to be mad at it

plus it'll entertain the missus for a while
>>
what kind of plebian doesn't watch them all together
>>
>>67850195
that's a good point, they held off the army for a short period of time.
But they didn't change the tide, the ghost army retroactively cuckolds their charge sequence
>>
>>67850284
I agree with your reasoning, but TTT is still a tighter film than RotK so I'd swap them around in rankings.
>>
>>67850450
dont they get cucked by aragorn's reinforcements anyway tho
>>
The reason Fellowship seems better is that Jackson and Friends were still getting used to the technology and so they didn't use as much of it. They had a whole year and another year to fuck around with Towers and Return, and you can see the progression as they got used to the tech. Return has early vestiges of Hobbit-rot and OC tier shit. Jackson wanted to have Aragorn go to the Black Gate and go LOL SAURON 1V1 ME FGT but people told him it was retarded.
>>
>>67850654
>Jackson wanted to have Aragorn go to the Black Gate and go LOL SAURON 1V1 ME FGT but people told him it was retarded.
The troll they overlaid on Sauron looks so bad.
>>
>>67843084
I used to think Fellowship was just too slow, but no matter how many times I watch them, they get better and better. I love them all of them though, nothing compares thus far.

I honestly like RoTK the best though.
>>
1. Two Towers
2. Fellowship
3. Return of the King
Shit - Hobbit prequels

Just like star wars
>>
>>67850613
getting reinforcements from another human army is different to having a wave of ghosts run across the battlefield killing everything instantly
>>
>>67850654
No, the reason it's better is because it's written better- not every argument about fantasy movies has to be about the CG
>>
>>67850214
>lil.. lil guys
>lil.. lil green ghouls...
>What you don't see 'em?
>>
>>67850955
This, and the editing is way better.

RoTK and TTT jump around so much it's disgusting.
>>
>>67850450
wasn't the point of the charge that they knew it was suicide but Gondor couldn't fall? i always interpreted Theoden's speech as "we will die but we will help defeat sauron"
>>
Who will play Aragorn in the remake?
>>
two towers extended version is the best lotr movie, hands down. it adds so much
>>
>>67850345
The kind that watched them years apart?
>>
If we are talking EE then yes.

The best version is the book purist cut. Very comfy watch with /tv/ btw.
>>
File: cost.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
cost.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>67849908
>FotR wasn't his favourite movie when he was 10 years old
>>
>>67851861
Michael B Jordan
>>
>>67850214
i snorted a little when i read reee
>>
>>67850345
The kind that watched them in cinema as they were released.
>>
>>67843170
Actually the troll CG in Fellowship is the definite worst in the entire trilogy.
It's still the best movie though.
>>
>>67843084
I think its the best.

The story was focused on one group, instead of being split between three or more groups of people so the narrative was more focused and engaging. It had the most "adventurey" feel out of all of the movies, and was also a lot more personal in terms of the story and the action. Seeing Aragorn jump in front of four Uruk-hai so that Frodo can escape was more intense then him jumping into 40 to protect everyone in Helms deep. A lot f the action, especially in RoTK lost a lot of impact because it was like watching a game of Warhammer or something.

All are good though.
>>
>>67850955
>>67851175
But the CGI really did make problems because it enabled Jackson's muh epic CGI stunts.
The scene where Legolas kills a giant killer mammoth in 10 seconds for example. The closest equivalent TTT has is shield surfing and Fellowship doesn't have anything retarded.
>>
>>67843084
Fuck no
The Return without the green ghosts ex machina
Or Twin Towers
>>
I watch Return more. The last leg of Sam and Frodo and the black marshes gets me fired up.

But, generally speaking. I agree

Fellowship > Return >power gap> Towers
>>
>>67848937
Well, the third movie is sort of named after him.

Though its bullshit that Arwen gets to be so huge in all posters to pretend that the movies aren't huge sausage fests while Legolas, Gimli, Merry, Pippin and the rohirrim all have much more screentime and importance than her.
>>
>>67852154
The shield surfing was cool thought, legolas taking out a mumakil by himself was a little over the top but the slow motion running over the falling bride in the hobbit was unforgivable.
>>
>>67852418
I dont know why they didn't make Galadriel on the fellowship poster, Eowyn on the TT's one and Arwen on the third, would have made the most sense probably.
>>
>>67852516
the shield surfing was cool af, but the oliphant's death scene really made me think "shit, why should I be scared of the big oliphants if all it takes to kill them is an elf and ~3 arrows
not to mention Eoywn completely crippling an oliphant by slicing at its fucking huge legs with her tiny sword
>>
>>67852585
1 elf can kill a mumakil and its crew, yet hundreds of elves can get btfo by uruk hai, jackson lost the plot with legolas at the end really.
>>
I know some people here hate the word "comfy" but fuck me if Fellowship isn't it. Just a bunch of bros going out on a journey. Moria and Amon Hen are top tier. Boromir's my favourite character in the trilogy. Fellowship's so fucking tight.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.