[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any movies like pic related? Loved te comfy 70's California
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Inherent_Vice_film_poster.jpg (39 KB, 270x400) Image search: [Google]
Inherent_Vice_film_poster.jpg
39 KB, 270x400
Any movies like pic related? Loved te comfy 70's California beach setting and qy 3 14 narrator.
>>
The long goodbye
>>
>>67843014
If you count Sam Elliot as a qt narrator then Big Lebowski fits your bill.
>>
>>67843691
Seen it, but yes. I count him as a qt.
>>
The Long Goodbye
>>
Beyond the Valley of the Dolls
>>
>>67843636
I suggest this.Gould was great in it.
>>
>>67844694

This. Really funny film.

http://youtu.be/NWPJx7sooR4
>>
>>67843014
Narrator is Joanna Newsom. Show some damn respect
>>
That film was such a snooze fest.

In fairness I didn't have a clue what was going on half the time.
>>
>>67845334
bet you liked bvs
>>
>>67845334
>In fairness I didn't have a clue what was going on half the time.
That's the point, ya dingus.

It's meant to be from Doc's point of view, aka a stoner's point of view. You're supposed to be bumbling and confused, because he is.

Also if you watch closely next time you might notice that no one but Doc speaks to Joanna Newsom. Is she Doc's Jiminy Cricket? Who knows.
>>
>>67845262
Do you think PTA banged her
he made music videos for her, there's something there
>>
>Belladonna is in this film
Pure kino
>>
>>67845549
Kind of. She narrates the book. It was a nice touch

I remember being as stoned as Doc with my friends when we watched it for the first time. When we paused for a smoke break he sat there for ten minutes trying to figure out what the fuck was going on

Good movie, good book
>>
Idk why but I fucking loved this movie. Soundtrack was on point and when Doc breams out from being kidnapped was bad ass.
>>
>>67851570
She doesn't, the book is a mix of third person noir narration and Doc's stream of conciousness.
>>
>>67851718
The book starts from her perspective: "I talked to Doc..." and then just stays as a third person narration and I assume it's her telling it from a omnipotent perspective.
It goes inside Doc's head but never becomes "I, Doc, did such and such"

I mean it doesn't really matter at all, but I just assume the whole book was being told by her
>>
>>67848102
i thought i heard in a podcast or something he was related to her husband andy sandberg somehow? i could be making that up though. i do know that his family has a bunch of ties to the show business, so that could be part of it.
>>
i seriously can't understand why people dislike this movie like people straight up hate this film. similar thing happened with the master
>>
>>67845549
But I didn't have trouble following it at all. Seemed very straight-forward, just with a fucking immense amount of detail.

I used to smoke a lot of weed though, so juggling details through haze & paranoia isn't unusual
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.