[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>batman in every single version of media >known as the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 32
File: batman.jpg (68 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
batman.jpg
68 KB, 1200x600
>batman in every single version of media
>known as the caped crusader
>never killed bad guys, no matter what
>even broke a shotgun that someone gave to him

>batman in batman v superman
>batman brands criminals with his logo which causes them to die
>wants to kill superman because he sees him as a threat
>uses guns

Would it have been better if they went with the "Deathstroke dressed as Batman" theory?
>>
>not muh Batman
Fuck off.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 375x375
Leave capekino to me
>>
>>67841820
>never kills bad guys
What is the flashpoint paradox
>>
>>67841820
I've never read a comic in my life and over the past week even I've found out that Batman killed numerous people. Fuck off.
>>
Did you miss the part where he kills like 10-20 people during a chase
>>
>>67841820
every batman besides Clooney killed through either collateral damage or letting people die

This batman was just a lot more blase about collateral damage and the director didn't shy from showing it
>>
>>67841820
probably does that stuff so later on he can decide he was wrong. some sort of redemption plot
>>
>>67841901
That wasn't Bruce silly
>>
File: 1284179583266.jpg (37 KB, 341x425) Image search: [Google]
1284179583266.jpg
37 KB, 341x425
>>67841820

I never understood these stupid memes until I started reading up on "Magic: The Gathering", which is kind of like an unofficial autist religion. It occurred to me that MtG would be the easiest card game in existence to cheat and win big at (which I'm positive happense...there's no stakes, but of course, certain cards are worth big bucks on ebay), and it's only enforcement is a sort of gentleman's agreement to play by the rules.

Hence, guys like OP, who think a slavish adherence to the rules applies to other forms of media, like comics and kino, and will REEEEEEE at the barest hint of a violation...
>>
>>67841820
>>never killed bad guys, no matter what
He kills in every single Batman film ever made except for Batman Forever and Batman & Robin - and even then, Batman Forever is debatable.
>>
>>67841820

L E L
>>
>>67841820

batman killed the joker in the tim burton movie.
>>
>>67841820
But that's wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psVIG7YvdjM
>>
>>67845005

>the video opens up with Michael Keaton Batman executing some thugs mexican style.

Tim Burton wasn't fucking around
>>
>>67845005

do people really hate the shot of the batmoville on the wall???

it looks really cool!!
>>
>>67842929
How would you cheat?
>>
>>67841820
>never killed bad guys

He guns down a man driving a truck with a machine gun in the first fucking issue ever printed.
>>
>>67845705
In the first issue he also throws a guy into acid and calls it a fitting end for his kind.
>>
>>67845721
He also drops a fucking noose from his bat plane and hangs a guy with it.
>>
File: 4065113-2215848232-batma[1].gif (965 KB, 450x248) Image search: [Google]
4065113-2215848232-batma[1].gif
965 KB, 450x248
>>67841820

>every single version of media
>never killed bad guys

No.
>>
>>67841820
Bvs is a terrible movie, but fuck off with that no-kill nonsense. Batman killed in the original comics.
>>
>>67841820
Am I the only one that loved the fact that Batman killed people? I always thought it's retarded to leave villains alive so they can keep killing.
>>
>>67841820
Remember that time he threw people off rooftops and into vats of toxic chemicals?
>>
>Batman attempts to kill Supes because muh 1% chance
>Batman constantly lets the Joker live becuase muh_______
???
>>
>>67845894
>I've always thought it's retarded to leave villains alive

yeah, sorry you're a moral absolutist and authoritarian that believes people who exist outside the law have the right to murder others

anyway yeh that rationale is made even more retarded when Joker is still alive in this universe
>>
>>67841820
Burton's Batman is an insane killer, though.

Which is the entire point of the film in the first place. Batman is not a superhero, he's a lunatic who dresses up as bat and murders people at night.
>>
>>67845945
Yeah the Joker shouldnt die after bombing twenty hospitals :^)
>>
>>67845902
Or that time he dropped a bomb out of the batmobiles tire and blew up a dozen guys?

Or that time he lit some guy on fire with the afterburner?

Or that time in the batwing when he shot Talia and her driver to stop gotham getting nuked?
>>

This is bullshit.
You know at least one or two did from internal bleeding after catching a vicious bat beatdown.
>>
Batman is definitely a killer.
Whether it's murder, manslaughter or neglect is arguable in most cases, though.
>>
Is Batman just The Punisher in denial?
>>
>>67841820
>never killed anyone
That's never been his shtick, that's supermans.

But the batman in BvS is supposed to be different from standard batman. They make it quite clear something changed him, caused his to give up on his ideology and just rough up criminals without much thought. It's implied the joker did something (maybe the joker forced his hand to finally kill). He very clearly states his older and time has taken it toll on him (ie he doesn't believe anyone else can be "good" since he's been let down many times).

Most of the criticism I see about this movie is obviously people either not paying attention or not thinking about it, or just haven't seen the movie.
>>
I'm fairly certain that Alfred's "That's how it starts" speech is meant to imply that Batman killing is only a recent thing, and that Alfred disapproves. I bet It'll be flushed out more in the directors cut.
>>
>>67846170
> not paying attention or not thinking about it, or just haven't seen the movie

Business as ussual for /tv/ then.
>>
>>
>>67841820
So is BvS worth watching? Normally I don't support blockbusters but this one's going to be a commercial failure so I'm OK with paying for a ticket.
>>
>>67846260
not really
>>
>>67846260
>this one's going to be a commercial failure
>Worldwide: $682,857,793

No, it's going to make money.
>>
>>67846260
See it and make up your own mind.
Stop being a faggot that cares so much about other people's (usually wrong) opinions.
>>
File: images (20).jpg (13 KB, 412x357) Image search: [Google]
images (20).jpg
13 KB, 412x357
>>67841820
Why is everyone so shocked with Batman being psychotic?

That is what the vision of Snyder is: showing both superman and batman is failed heroes struggling with problems.

It would be so boring to see him good and saving everyone.

This is a batman that we have never before seen on screen. An adult Batman not for kids.
>>
File: 1297666137381.jpg (28 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1297666137381.jpg
28 KB, 480x480
>>67841901

That was Thomas Wayne, not Bruce Wayne, you ignorant fuck.
>>
The problem with a Batman that kills willy nilly and uses literal handguns is that it takes away from his psychosis.
It doesn't just effect his inner conflicts. But also his external ones.
This compulsion is subject to many of the more interesting Batman storylines.

Plus, there's really no reason for the Joker to still be around, at all. Even if he had avoided getting killed by Batman, he would have lost interest in him if he sullied his hands like that.
>>
>>67846260
Yes for Affleck it is.
The opening city destruction with him driving was full on epic
>>
>>67846335
I cannot judge a movie myself before I've seen it, so I must ask others for there opinion before I give this movie my monetary support. There is no place I trust more to provide me with an indepth and considered opinion than this very board.
>>
>>67842929
People have cheated, famously, at MtG. I'm too tired to find you the youtube videos about it, but it's the classic kind of card cheating: having a card up your sleeve / concealing it in your lap, removing a card from play only to palm it back on top of your deck, all those sorts of things that get revealed when fans scrutinize the video.

You can't cheat at the rules of MtG at a tournament, there are referees present that already have errata on all the relevant combinations (and there are only so many card sets allowed in the main tournament bracket, the meaningfully complex combinations/interactions aren't astronomical or anything).

TL;DR cheating does go on at MtG tournaments, but it's the ancient card cheat shit people have been doing since card games were invented.
>>
>>67846338
>This is a batman that we have never before seen on screen. An adult Batman not for kids.
Tim Burton did it first and did it better.
Because, despite all of this, Snyder still romanticizes the idea of a superhero as something good, which is not acceptable, if you think about what a superhero is.
>>
>>67846424
If you're one of those "muh comics" fags then don't. It shits all over the mythos.
If you're open-minded and are willing to see someone's very specific adaptation of batman vs superman, then do it.
>>
Where the hell is Le Chauve Souris Homme? The Creped Crusader?
>>
>>67845005

All that video does is imply. If those were legit kills than none of the villains would come back and other criminals wouldn't have an origin story of how they survived a horrific attack from Batman.
>>
It's basically Frank Miller's Batman with a little looser trigger finger. It's definitely not the main DC Batman from the comics.

Hell, they're even bringing in the Injustice bullshit it seems from that message from the future from Barry thing.
>>
>>67846461
>If you're one of those "muh comics" fags then don't. It shits all over the mythos.
I'm not one of those people who spergs over batman breaking his "no killing" law.

>>67846416
Yeah I heard he's good.
>>
>>67841901
B8
>>
File: beavisandbutthead7.jpg (68 KB, 550x325) Image search: [Google]
beavisandbutthead7.jpg
68 KB, 550x325
>>67841899
>casting a jew as Bruce Wayne
>>
>>67846461
How does it shit on the comics?
>>
>>67845940
>Joker killed Robin
>Batman realises he was a fool for not crossing the line
>>
File: batman-hangs-mental-patient.jpg (55 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
batman-hangs-mental-patient.jpg
55 KB, 600x300
batman's no kill rule only appeared after 1989, before that he used to outright state to the criminals he encountered "i'm going to kill you"
>>
>>67846331
Holy fuck that's a lot of money
I could buy at least a million tickets to see BvS with that money
>>
>>67846424
I saw it today. It now my favourite capeshit movie.

The corny title doesn't do it justice (no pun intended).

It has many plots happening at once that converge eventually but if you pay attention (make sure to use your eyes too) it all makes sense and you can follow it all. There's a lot of great themes and ideas, it's not the type of movie you just turn your brain off to.

The only things I didn't like was the flash bit hamfisted into it and the doomsday fight being a little too cartoony. Also lex is very different from the JLU version, but it works considering how he fits into the movie that superman represents God, batman represents mankind and lex being the devil
>>
>>67845940
As far as we are aware, he may have not been able to kill the joker even if he wanted to. At some point he obviously changed his point of view, which is restored somewhat with his confrontation with superman.
>>
I'm also curious why people keep saying it didn't make money
Assuming marketing budget of 250M it made profit of almost 200M
Surely that means it's a financial success?
>>
The no kill rule batman is the best batman tho
>>
File: 1459239524046.jpg (32 KB, 559x314) Image search: [Google]
1459239524046.jpg
32 KB, 559x314
>>67846573
Yes even all the critics that hated the move praised Affleck. He truly is one of the best Batmans.

I was surprised with how buff Affleck got himself for this role! The amount of muscle!
>>
File: New_Batman_color_by_JPR04.jpg (136 KB, 500x759) Image search: [Google]
New_Batman_color_by_JPR04.jpg
136 KB, 500x759
>>67847036
>The amount of muscle!
Batman was almost muscular, Except in very early comic book series where he looked like Auschwitz prisoner
>>
>>67846260
the film is psychotic. repeated viewings will slowly turn you insane. avoid
>>
>>67847087
Yeah well this is a retired batman who still works out so is natural for him to be buff at age 40.

So does Alfred sleep at Bruce's new house (since the mansion has been destroyed)?
>>
>>67841820
>an adaptation does something different
>"not muh"
I found it an interesting difference, this batman is at the end of his tether and dissilusioned with everything.
>>
File: 1459220291548.png (2 MB, 1035x1546) Image search: [Google]
1459220291548.png
2 MB, 1035x1546
>>67847109
Are you saying it'll leave you damaged?
>>
>>67846260
>>67846898
for all the talk of the movie not being fun, it actually really is a lot of fun
in fact i've had more fun with this movie than any other movie recently just by trying to put all the dots together
that's where i've actually found 'praise' for the movie, it's full balls to the wall and i appreciate that gesture
>>
I'm sure he beat someone to death on accident before
>>
>>67847359
wbilluminati was here april 1st implying that, yes. i think they were connected the events on the site that day
>>
File: images (15).jpg (27 KB, 471x312) Image search: [Google]
images (15).jpg
27 KB, 471x312
>>67847359
I dare you to watch it 5 times in a row and see what happens
>>
>>67845181
>You wanna get nuts? Let's get nuts, you fucking subhuman nigger

Jesus Christ, why did nobody have a conversation with Burton about this?
>>
>>67841820
That was an awesome twist. Ben Affleck Batman is my favorite movie Batman because of how offensive and relentless he was against criminals. Ben Affleck needs his own Batman movie after this and I can't wait for Suicide Squad.
>>
>>67847511
Dw he has completed a script for his batman movie. He is trying to find a director and get it approved by WB.
>>
>>67847511
I hope they manage to throw Swamp Thing and Deadman in there somewhere. If they're making an entire movie on Aquaman, Swamp Thing could at least have a cameo in one or two of the 10 DC extended universe films.
>>
File: lisa.jpg (16 KB, 522x346) Image search: [Google]
lisa.jpg
16 KB, 522x346
>>67841820
>batman in every single version of media
...have you actually watched the other batman movies?
>>
>>67847511
>how offensive and relentless he was against criminals
You mean like Keaton's Batman?
>>
>>67847914
He's far more blunt and direct than keatons
>>
well he didn't exactly save them either
>>
>>67847966
That's because he's a fucking hero and not madman in a bat costume.

Which is a bad thing.
>>
>>67846222
Yes.
>>
>>67847966
Yeah, Keaton liked to murder his in more creative ways, like tethering them to statues so they can't maintain a grip on a ladder.
>>
>>67847977
COME BACK AND SAVE US NEESON IN ANOTHER BATMAN FILM!
>>
>>67847403
Exactly it was very fun. I think a lot of people think fun is only explosions and jokes and see any dialogue as dull. Like you said it was enjoyable working out how each character and plot point fitted together. Lex really felt like a genius considering how he was one step a head of everyone at all points, even if he wasn't charismatic as all which was an interesting take on him.

Although I can see how people who either haven't seen MoS or don't remember it wouldn't really understand what was going on.

I generally hate capeshit, but I'm really interested to see what's next (ill probably pass of suicide squad, looks like Warner brothers attempt at a marvel esque movie).
>>
>>67847979
You're really missing the point of Batman in BvS if you think it's a bad thing.

>>67847985
Keaton's was very comic book like in the sense he's completely detracted from those he kills. It seems to have zero effect on him whether someone lives or dies.
>>
I liked how they called him the Bat of Gotham.
>>
>>67848112
>You're really missing the point of Batman in BvS if you think it's a bad thing.
It is a bad thing.
It's more retarded romantization of violent vigilantes.
>>
>>67847036
Wait. Does he have a super buff mannequin for his suit just so it has muscles? Or does the suit have reinforcement that creates the muscle outline?
>>
>>67848182
It's not a romanization at all.

He's at a low point, you're not supposed to idolize him. He says he's viewed as a criminal. He's a broken man and we see him reform at the end when he doesn't kill superman, don't kill, brand or even hurt lex and decides they need to work together and form the justice league.

It's called character development.
>>
>>67848254
It's armour, even the non-metal regular suit can stop bullets a point blank range.
>>
>>67848263
>He's at a low point
Sure and that's what sets Burton's Batman apart from this one, doesn't it?
The Batman shown by Burton is at his highest point and he is a broken, insane killer, no better than the "villain" he's supposed to go up against.

>It's called character development.
You don't seem to understand.
I hate the idea of superheroes in general.
Masked vigilantes who kill or maim people they consider to be "evil".

The law exists for a reason, it doesn't really exist to protect the innocent, but the criminals from people like that.
>>
File: 1372153260537.gif (428 KB, 200x183) Image search: [Google]
1372153260537.gif
428 KB, 200x183
>>67848076
When I first got into my first viewing I didn't know what to expect. I didn't follow its development, and then RT happened. I really enjoyed it. And I'm one of those people who only watched MoS once and wasn't that interested. I think whatever Snyder wanted to do I like it more here. I really like how it stays serious without being just grimderp and feel that it's not overly dramatic. I really don't remember MoS much and practically watched this as a standalone film.
>>
>>67841820
>Batman in the comics was ready to kill after Joker killed Jason
>Superman was there to stop him

>Robin is killed by the Joker (or something really bad) in the DCU
>No superman to stop him
>>
File: 2932470-Superman_kills_01.jpg (171 KB, 734x782) Image search: [Google]
2932470-Superman_kills_01.jpg
171 KB, 734x782
>>67846170
I think that Superman is a lot more willing to kill then what Batman is.
>>
>>67847977
>Blow the bridge up
>Due this Ras is going to die
>"I'm not going to kill you...but I'm not going to save you either"
...does this work in a trial?

Also
>Fire tons of missiles at a truck
>Lady inside the truck dies
>"No guns, no kills!"
Srly, has Bruce the best lawyers ever?
>>
I'm not against a Batman that kills. But I think any kills he does have to have impact.

For me the "not muh Batman" is that he killed so easily without being upset that he broke his code. If he kills, it should cause him anguish that he crossed the line.
>>
>>67848908

He's been Batman for at least 20 years and we don't know how long ago the Robin death was, if he had any hangups about breaking his code it was dealt with months if not years ago, you can't expect him to come back from every patrol and curl into a ball.
>>
>>67848370
>I hate the idea of superheroes in general.
>Masked vigilantes who kill or maim people they consider to be "evil".
>The law exists for a reason, it doesn't really exist to protect the innocent, but the criminals from people like that.
Then I'm surprised you didn't like this movie in some capacity since it's tackling that exact point of view, along with many others.
At no point is batman painted as a hero, he's very much an antihero and even then that only really once he spares superman. The movie isn't about batman being a hero.

>>67848543
I had watched man of steel only a few days beforehand for the first time and actually enjoyed that too, but it felt like Snyder learned from some of his mistakes, one thing I noticed was how much better the camera work was, no obnoxious zooms or shaking in inappropriate times.
>>
>>67848856
>...does this work in a trial?
Did you not watch the final episode of Seinfeld?
>>
What's everyone's huge issue with a Batman who's really begining to loose the plot/humanity/morals branding sex criminals? And why the fuck can't people grasp that this only happens TWICE, once on the peado who they say is the first and then with the sex trafficker or is ignoring that it's only 2 better suiting the "not my Batman" narrative???
>>
>>67848965
>The movie isn't about batman being a hero
That's the thing.
It portrays Batman as not-yet; not-anymore a hero.
>>
>>67848856
>...does this work in a trial?
Still ruled as murder, I believe.
>>
>>67847036
Affleck Batman is the best because he over-emphasizes on Batman's key strengths such as mega strength, integration of technology, hand to hand ability and stealth without making him OP as seen in a few scenes in BvS.
>>
>>67846170
The Joker killed Robin. That's what happened.
>>
>>67848856
According to Snyder in BvS Batman doesn't kill anyone
>>
mohammed alflek is the gem of this movie he deserves his stand alone film at least even if you disagree with what happened in the film
>>
>>67848965
>obnoxious zooms or shaking in inappropriate times.
only thing that legitimately triggered me in man of steel
i've never held superman as a divine concept like some do so nothing else bothered me at all

but, i've gone back and seen some clips on youtube and the shaky camera makes sense in at least some instances, such as when he's flying and there's some shorts sort of following him then losing him then trying to follow him again. much like how perception of him flying around having fun irl would be like.

aside from that, i'd appreciate less cuts and more single takes, with the camera moving depending on character emotion, maybe even getting closer when two characters are having an intimate emotional moment
>>
>>67845940
>>67846703
>>67846950
Funny thing is that Batman cockblocked the Punsiher from killing Joker multiple times.

Batman truly is a hypocrite cuck.
>>
File: inJUSTice.jpg (1018 KB, 1920x1476) Image search: [Google]
inJUSTice.jpg
1018 KB, 1920x1476
If they DC is truly planning to go Unjustice route they sure fucked it up. At this point both Superman and Batman have triple-digit kill count, killing one more asshole would hardly have any impact
>>
>>67849048
And actual detective work.
>>
>>67848370
>I hate the idea of superheroes
And yet here you are, in a thread you hate.

>kill or maim people they consider to be "evil"
Doomsday did nothing wrong.

>what sets Burton's Batman apart from this one
You can't compare Bats from two seperate, unrelated universes and hold them to the same standards. That's like comparing Bayverse Optimus Prime with G1 Prime, they're two different interpretations, you can't judge one based on what the other did.
It's all about intent, Burton simply didn't bother with the no kill code.That's one interpretation. Snyder showed Batman slipping from his morals, becoming more cruel until the end where he pulls himself back. That's another interpretation.
Saying that you can't have a certain kind of Batman because a movie about a completely different, unrelated Batman already exists is fucking stupid.
>>
>>67845945
Not really
>stop being bat
>abolish nokill rule after joker is put away
>>
>>67841820
>>batman in every single version of media
>>known as the caped crusader
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psVIG7YvdjM
FUCK OFF
It fit his character arc
>>
>>67841820
I'm starting to wonder if this was just bait.
>>
>>67848908
Like others have said, the film very clearly alludes to the fact that something has happened over the years to change batman and break his spirit. Why do you think he has the incased suit that the joker had spray painted on, the joker did something that shock batman to the core.
>>
>>67846633

They cast Gal Gadot

Worked Wonders for me.
>>
>>67849098
Is this a joke?
Amalgam doesn't count
>>
>>67849122
obviously they are going the JUST route
>>
>>67849050
We don't know. We don't know if batman killed the joker, if Robin became a new joker, if Robin was tourtière to the point of leaving.

This isn't the same story as the comic books so we can't make assumptions, just go off what we are told which isn't specific (but ultimately doesn't matter).

>>67849083
Yes I felt like while he's got the shaky cam under control, he still needs to work on when to do a close up, when to cut or simply follow and when to have a wider shot and just let a scene act out.
>>
>>67849122
>Batman have triple-digit kill count
no he doesn't
>>
>>67846260
Go see it
>>
>>67849122
Aside from Zod who has superman killed?
>>
>>67846338
And Wonder Woman familia, she gave up on man's world
>>
>>67849385

That's Injustice Superman. So everyone.
>>
File: 153092_v2.jpg (62 KB, 325x483) Image search: [Google]
153092_v2.jpg
62 KB, 325x483
>>
>>67849385
His first scene in BVS is him killing a guy, following by someone giving testimony to congress about how a shitload of people died in the shockwave from him making one of his arrivals from the sky.
>>
File: 1458861651084.png (151 KB, 339x288) Image search: [Google]
1458861651084.png
151 KB, 339x288
>>67841820
>Muh bruce boi wuz a good boy
>he din kill nuffin

He has killed in past comics you ignorant fuck, just take it as is.
>>
File: 1452958359838.jpg (18 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1452958359838.jpg
18 KB, 400x386
>>67845945
>it would be okay for batman to kill him if he wore a badge and a police uniform
Youll learn this when youre older little timmy, but the law isnt always right
>>
>>67849481
You're an idiot.

It was a set up, did you not see the bit where the Russian guy and pals shot everyone? Did you completely ignore the entire plot line about Lois with the bullet? It wasn't even a mystery, we see right at the beginning superman didn't kill anyone, not even the guy holding Lois and that he's being framed. The mystery is who set him up which is ultimately shown to be Lex.
>>
>>67848370
Hahaha fuck off. The law exists to create justice and safety for the citizens, and that includes protection from unfair punishment.
But you'll know why people like vigilantes once you go live somewhere like where I live, which in many aspects is pretty much a nationwide Gotham.
>>
>>67848076
Holy shit, this was EXCATLY my reaction. I don't like capeshit but BvS used these famous characters to examine the genre and how it fits into today's society. It wont change cinema but considering how utterly bland the rest of the genre is, I think it's very subversive.
>>
>>67849444
>>
>>67849656
It's one of the only capeshit movie that's trying to say something. MoS does too but isn't quite as clear. Even the Nolan movies didn't really analyse the characters or genre. Most capeshit movies just tell a story with a plot which is very bland and shallow like you said.
>>
>>67849338
like in the scene when superman goes to martha for guidance, i would have started the same with the frankly beautiful shot of them looking at the milky way. she talks and the moment she turns her head to clark i cut to clark's left in a way that shows both their faces so we see in real time the way they're reacting to each other instead of cutting to their faces back and forth.
although i am biased towards that type of thing anyway, so i can't say if this is 'objectively better' this has really sparked an interest in me to talk to snyder and co and see what they think of what i said. whatever
i guess for other scenes you can do the same as well, such as when bruce and alfred are having the 'he is not our enemy' talk, maybe you could have them facing each other and in the background you see a computer screen full of superman/kryptonite related things conveying the obsession he has with killing him, of course all while they're having their discussion. when it gets to the 'we know what promises are worth' cut right to affleck and let him finish that scene
but all i've ever done is take an intro to film class soooooooo
>>
>>67845236
I love that one. Loved that entire scene, actually.

"It's still here!"
>>
>>67845821
The flamethrower scene was almost a direct lift from "The Dark Knight Returns."
>>
>>67849775
I'm getting into acting, which is very different but I've taken it upon myself to learn about film in general. Would love to the affleck/Gibson route of writing and/directing as well as acting but... Well dreams and ambitions are free right? One thing I've noticed with film as opposed to stage is in film they severely underutilize and under appreciate reactions to dialogue. We don't often get so see people's faces when they are being told something, only right after. Same with silent acting, plenty of it in solo scenes but very rarely between two characters.

I also immediately got the urge to want to talk to Snyder and the cast about the movie after I saw it. I agree about having more superman stuff in the bat cave. It seemed odd to me there was no indication Bruce had tried to tracked down superman or find out who he was, though I guess it fits with how he just viewed him as an alien invader, not as a man trying to fit in.
>>
>>67849481
You should've payed moee attention, because he himself said he didn't kill anyone.
The shockwave she refered to was the sound of him arriving, the dead people are the militiamen rebels killed by Luthor's men.
The dude he flew off with didn't die.
>>
>>67850022
yeah exactly, i also think that cuts aren't used inventively either, i mean shit i'm just some guy and can think of ways of using close ups and other shots to help convey the feeling of the characters. i do think that these two things should be synergistic. also the fact that it seems people are afraid of silence and stillness within movies

more superman stuff could have been used to signal his irrational obsession, also the lack of tracking him down could have further been used to indicate that he wanted to challenge the god, while that is expressed in the narrative i'm with you in thinking it could have been teased visually in the backround
>>
>>67850046
"The women in the village heard a noise... like the sky cracked open. He came down... so many dead! Even worse came after.. the government attacked... no mercy in the villages. "

Also Clark smashed that guy through two solid brick walls at 200mph. That dude is not rubbing some dirt on it and walking it off.
>>
File: 1459503498697.png (188 KB, 620x393) Image search: [Google]
1459503498697.png
188 KB, 620x393
If ever there was proof that this board has gone down the shitter, and that few, if any, people here know a thing about film, it is /tv/'s positive reception of BvS.
>>
>>67850215
>200 mph
you really think lois would have been safe with him moving through the air at high speed?
clark himself said he didn't kill anyone, that's all the viewer needs to hear
especially since we already know lex tried to frame him while using the wider context of that situation against superman
>>
>>67850246
most people here hate it dipshit
>>
>>67850246
I honestly don't understand why people think it's terrible, literally all criticisms have been addressed.
>>
>>67841820
In literally every Batman movie except the Adam West one he was involved in the killing of bad guys.
>>
>>67850246
>people actually discussing the plot, themes and craftsmanship of the movie, both the negative and positive aspects
>"you're all dumb!"
Way to show everyone how patrician you are bud
>>
>>67850296
by people who have mostly stated that they're baffled by the intense reaction, not people who are trying to front as patrician
>>
>>67850246
I don't think the board as a whole likes it, rather there are about seven or so really loud autists who feel the need to validate their opinion on a garbage movie.
If any of you are reading this, it's okay to like garbage. It just means you're a pleb.
>>
>>67850302
>In literally every Batman movie except the Adam West one

And even in the Adam West one he gets a flunky killed
>>
>>67845705
And Superman was a violent thug in his very first issue. Those characterization a are longer canon and have been explained as being alernative Earths where Superman and Batman aren't real heroes.
>>
>>67850184
> also the fact that it seems people are afraid of silence and stillness within movies.
Pretty much. If there's one thing I've learnt from stage act it's the power of breaking up dialogue with silent acting. It makes the dialogue more meaningful too.

One thing I didn't really understand was Wonder Woman. How did she know lex had that photo if she had been out of the game for years? I'm not even sure how she fitted into the dynamic of the movie like Clark, Bruce, Lois and lex did. She just seemed there because "we need to have Wonder Woman", nothing to do with the plot or theme.

Also what did the flash mean by "you were right about superman" when he clearly isn't, unless the flash jumped to the wrong time, or jumped from a time where superman had turned against humans.
>>
BALE IS THE BEST BATMAN AND THE BEST BRUCE WAYNE

THE DARK KNIGHT WAS A TRUE HERO MOVIE

HEATH WAS THE GREATEST JOKER

NOLAN IS A SHITHEAD FOR DOING SINGLE TAKES BUT OVERALL A BETTER DIRECTOR THAN SNYDER
>>
>>67850436
Just calling people and movies shit over and over isn't making any point besides showing how juvenile you are.
>>
>MUH BATMAN NEVER KILLS

this has NEVER been the case

Batman tries not to kill, but at the same time he's also not going to go out of his way to save a villain's life, nor is he going to let himself die if his only alternative is to kill another guy

Batman's line is MURDER, not killing. If you think killing = murder then you're a fucking idiot and there's no point talking to you anyway
>>
>>67850543
>Lois Lane is the key
>Am I too early
>You're right about him

Lois Lane dies, Superman goes bad. What's not to get?
>>
>>67846402
Batman doesn't have handguns

He will grab a criminal's arm and make him shoot his criminal buddies, but Batman himself does not bring guns
>>
>>67846446
The pressure at the tournaments must be enormous
>>
>>67841820
Burton's batman killed people.
>>
File: 1450351001182.jpg (20 KB, 400x325) Image search: [Google]
1450351001182.jpg
20 KB, 400x325
>>67847977
Why is everyone forgetting the part in the League Of Shadows dojo

>LEL I'M NOT AN EXECUTIONER
>I'LL BLOW THIS PLACE THE FUCK UP THOUGH, KILLING SEVERAL LEAGUE MEMBERS AND THE PERSON I DIDN'T WANT TO EXECUTE.
>>
>>67850543
guess i'm going to get into acting as well now

i don't know about the photo, i didn't catch all of what she said. a big part of bvs is people coming together, and the inner change that some had to go through to be able to make that happen
here are the main relationship patterns in the movie
'i love bringing people together'

bruce/diana bruce/alfred
lex/mercy lex/finch
clark/lois clark/martha

it's the same pattern for all characters and part of the narrative is how the central figures of bruce/clark/lex interact within the pairs i listed above. the older figures are rational figures, and the way the characters react to them is telling. their interaction with female figures is telling as well, bruce's interaction with diana contrasted by faceless nameless women in his bed
>>
>>67846646
It doesn't. It adapts them.

"MUH NO KILLING" works in comics because they're fucking comics and there's inherently a much higher suspension of disbelief

It doesn't work so well when you're watching a live action movie with real people on the screen

Take the MoS "neck snap" example - in the comics, Superman could pop out a speech bubble and yell "I WILL NOW USE MY KRYPTONIAN SUPER POWER TO FLY ZOD DIRECTLY AWAY FROM THESE INNOCENTS AND THEN USE THE HEART OF THE CARDS OR SOME OTHER DEUS EX BULLSHIT TO IMPRISON HIM AND NOT KILL HIM EVEN THOUGH I KNOW HE WILL EVENTUALLY ESCAPE AND KILL MORE PEOPLE ANYWAY" and that will work fine

But in a movie where you've seen Zod and Supes fight it out and the amount of destruction they've weaved, that kind of shit won't fly - Superman HAS to kill him. There is explicitly no other way - he has to take guilty life in order to save innocent life.

Snyder-directed DBZ live action when?
>>
>>67849591
>>67850046
No fucking way, he smashed that dude through a fucking concrete wall at mach speed. That nigga was fucking dead as shit.
>>
>>67850543
forgot to mention that flash doesn't say he's right about superman, he says he's right about him. who is this him? it can't be superman since flash immediately says he's too early and that lois is the key
>>
>>67850642
"You were right about him all along" wasn't talking about Clark, and Martha was the key to averting that dark future, not Lois.

Flash's warning was about something else, and he came to Bruce too early, before he would understand it.
>>
>>67849083
>aside from that, i'd appreciate less cuts and more single takes, with the camera moving depending on character emotion, maybe even getting closer when two characters are having an intimate emotional moment
Nolan's trilogy did this perfectly.
>>
>>67850775
>>67850642
I completely missed the "am I too early" line. That explains a lot.
>Lois lane dies, superman goes bad
Where am I supposed to get that from (don't say the comics, it's pretty clear the movies deviate from that).

>>67850754
Oh right I forgot about all that (even though I'd thought about it earlier).
Was there a reason Lex killed mercy, or was it simply because she didn't matter to him so wasn't concerned if she died.
>>
>>67850988
yes, and,
lex killed mercy
>>
>Never killed bad guys

lol
>>
Crusaders killed people.
>>
>>67851008
ehhh
i guess i'll post more
he kills the feminine principle in his life, mercy is shown as a loyal person who does her job competently(she's watching his back ie the scene with wayne, she manages the party, she manages a bunch of other shit) and he disposes of her without caring, showing not only that he's psychotic, but also that he doesn't care about anyone, even people who care deeply about him
>>
>>67850988
Did you miss Bin Affliki's dream?
>Superman saying you took her from me
>Next scene Flash is saying Lois important
C'mon bub
>>
>>67851008
Right, but was there an actual reason or was she just expendable.
>>
>>67851078
Except his dream IS just a dream. How would the flash know what he was dreaming about. That makes no sense to try and connect those two.
>>
>>67841820
Keaton killed people. So did Batman in the early comics.
>>
>>67851133
So you don't think The Flash appearing in a "dream" and the dream that had just happened were in no way connected?
>>
>>67850215
She was refering to the sonic boom and the bodies of the rebels killed by luthors' men
How are you this fucking retarded not to get the scene? Jesus
>>
>>67851267
Honestly I was just confused.

Bruce was dreaming about superman being a violent dictator, woke up to the flash bursting into his time, then woke up again after that but papers are still floating around like it wasn't a dream.

Even if they are linked, it doesn't necessarily mean Lois dies down the track, just that Lois is the key superman, good or bad. Batmans dreaming about Lois being supermans motive to do evil thing, and it's quite clear that Lois is superman motivation to do good as well, to do anything and everything (" you are my world")
>>
>>67851600
>Honestly I was just confused.
i wonder how bruce felt
>>
>>67851341
Yeah, she's weeping on the stand and spitting that Superman doesn't even answer to god because of a scary noise.
>>
>>67851642
This has to be bait, no one is this dumb right?
>>
>>67841820
>Be Zach Snyder
>Get hired by WB to make some stupid superhero shit movie
>Ask a nerd what the fuck it is
>Holy shit he's fucking sperging out about it
>Apparently it's something called Justice League
>Ask him what I should do first
>"Dude you gotta watch the DC animated films"
>He gives me a huge list of 20 fucking films
>like I have all day to watch this shit
>watch first film, something called "The Dark Knight Return"
>Oh it's Batman and there's Superman in it. That's neat.
>Oh Batman looks pretty neat with that gun* (*rifle with harpoon attachment)
>Oh wow they fight each other. Let's just rip all off this!
>2 years go by
>Shit out BvS
>DCucks eat that shit up and defend me at every turn.
>Wow why didn't I get into this way sooner!
>>
>>67852272
>this film is too smart for me: the post
>>
File: Bonds05.jpg (80 KB, 400x543) Image search: [Google]
Bonds05.jpg
80 KB, 400x543
>>
File: 1459700570755.gif (485 KB, 300x232) Image search: [Google]
1459700570755.gif
485 KB, 300x232
>>67852293
>Snyder watches Dark Knight Returns
>Fight scene between Batman and Superman
>Batman's big ace was a kryptonite arrow that blew kryptonite dust in superman's face
>Snyder almost instantly cums as he steals the idea
>Synder doesn't get that in TDKR Batman could've just made it an actual arrow and have ollie shoot supes in the head.
>He makes the BvS fight about Batman wanting to kill Superman.
>TDKR fight was only to show that Batman COULD kill Superman not that he wanted to.
>Movie too smart for Marvel-fans/10
>>
>>67852359
Are wartime comics/cartoons the best comics/cartoons?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IWAf3dQxAfQ
>>
>>67851600
>You are my world
Dream sequence
>She was my world
Not hard to fit together bud
>>
>>67849295
kek anon, truly underrated
>>
>>67852560
Right but that's just in Bruce's actual dream. It doesn't mean that she necessarily died in the future, where the flash came from.

The flash just confirming that lois is what matter to superman.
>>
>>67852416
kevin pls go or i'll tell WB on you
>>
File: 35.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
35.jpg
79 KB, 1280x720
>>67852844
they'll never be able to prove it was me
>>
File: batmans-chesterfields.gif (2 MB, 307x230) Image search: [Google]
batmans-chesterfields.gif
2 MB, 307x230
>>67841820
He threw people off buildings in the 40's and moonlighted shilling for cigarette companies
>>
>>67852688
Do you really think Darkseids minions where in Bruce's dream for no reason? It all fits together breh, It makes sense, whether it's a premonition of what could be or if it got planted in Bruce's dream somehow it's obviously important
>>
>>67852930
>it was me
that's enough proof familia
>>
>>67846534
Same applies with BvS anon. A lot of implications.
>>
File: 1441978833275.jpg (17 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1441978833275.jpg
17 KB, 320x320
>>67841820
He killed niggers in the comics
He killed niggers in the Burton fil!s
He killed niggers in the Nolan films

You even kill niggers in some of the games
Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.