[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the HECK did I just watch?!? O_o
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (803 KB, 576x782) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
803 KB, 576x782
What the HECK did I just watch?!? O_o
>>
>>67841472
Klassic Kino
>>
>>67841472
I dont really feel cultured enough to "get" this film
I'm really afraid to judge it because of all the symbolism on it, I feel like I should read abook to understand it
but for whatever reason
it was a pretty interesting experience
>>
>>67841472
the holy mountain
The title is right there idiot
>>
>>67841472
Pure Kino (P.K.)
>>
But if we have not achieved enlightenment, maybe we have attained some sense of reality. But this is not reality, it's another shitty thread on /tv/. POOL BACK CAMERA

OP, IS STILL A FAG
>>
is that the one where the guy shits into a giant jar and they put him in the jar and the shit somehow turns into gold?

it's been a very long time since i saw it. i may not have remembered that bit correctly. pretty sure there was a giant jar and there was shit.

> pooooooo
>>
>>67841676

If and when you learn a bit about occult culture, the movie starts to make a lot more sense just by the simple fact that you are then familiar with the basic objects being discussed, even though it's still just weird hippies being weird for weirdness' sake. He mentions "the Rosicrucians" at one point, an occult sect from medieval (or thereabouts) Europe which were later referred to by early 20th century folks. Also knowing a bit about the tarot, constantly referred to, and the planets helps.

That said, the "stories" of the planets don't seem to me to bear any extra-special correspondence to them, apart from the gender inversion of Venus and Mars' roles.
>>
>>67841472
It was The Game, but for the viewer.
>>
>>67841472
One of the greatest artistic feats ever undertaken imo.
>>
def. komfykino.
>>
>>67841495
>>67842056
>>67848130
I'm sorry, but what is "kino?"
>>
>>67841676
there is nothing to get it's just pretentious 2deep4u crap
>>
just some pretentius 2deep4u bullshit.

dude has stated in several interviews on his country that there's no sense in his movies, he does them for the "muh cult films" audiences.

basically, he's a talentless hack, he's trolling everyone with his movies, and every pretentious asshole is buying it.
>>
>>67841472
10/10 surrealism

Big J was boss, Lynch his right hand man

We need more surrealist cinema
>>
>>67849615
it's what you say when 'filmic' is old.

'filmic' is what you say when 'cinematic' is old.

it's all about having a new term so you can feel superior to the pleb cuck bosnians who don't read /tv/ religiously.
>>
>>67853501
>kino
>anything but pleb shit
Fuck off. I only watch BIOSCOPE.
>>
>>67842122
It's ZOOM BECK KAHMEYRAH you excrement
>>
File: 1455374296426.png (219 KB, 500x547) Image search: [Google]
1455374296426.png
219 KB, 500x547
lmao The Holy Mountain was 2deep for OP

every laugh at the pleb because he's a pleb LOL
>>
>>67853586
He's a dumb iPhoneposter after all
>>
when did /tv/ become /lit/?
>>
File: 220px-Enneagram.svg.png (8 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
220px-Enneagram.svg.png
8 KB, 220x220
>>67845535
>That said, the "stories" of the planets don't seem to me to bear any extra-special correspondence to them,

Jodorwosky is a former disciple of Gurdjieff's teachings.

You'll get most of the movie without knowing much about The Fourth Way (it's more visually striking than it is deep), but that's the heart of all the symbolism.
>>
>>67849650
Kys
>>
Why is everyone calling this pretentious and 2deep when it literally ends with Jodorowsky turning to the camera and reminding everyone its just a silly movie
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.