[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me why the fuck did he say "Martha"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 23
File: p3cvkbmi4jrfrvxvj9gr.jpg (117 KB, 1187x897) Image search: [Google]
p3cvkbmi4jrfrvxvj9gr.jpg
117 KB, 1187x897
Can someone explain to me why the fuck did he say "Martha" and not "my mother", "my mom", "my mommy" or something like that?
>>
>>67840677
it was just banter m8
>>
>>67840677
because hack sneijder
>>
>also, 29%
>>
because he was telling someone to save martha

you're not gonna say "save mom" because it's unclear as fuck and batman would ask for her name anyways
>>
>>67840677

because the writers needed a reason for murderman and hypocrite man to stop fighting.

That is the only reason.

/thread
>>
>>67840677
Not to reveal his identity right away, obviously
>>
>>67840743
Why the fuck would he ask for her name?
That's the motherfucker he was training to kill for the past 2 years, and when he finally gets the chance, he would start blebbering about just because he said "muh mommy"? Why would he even know his mother was human? Why wouldn't he think it was just another worthless alien?
>>
"Save my mother her name is martha and she's being kept hostage by luthor."

There are couple of reasons why he said martha and several threads talking about it, stop being lazy
>>
File: 1459271954283.png (169 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
1459271954283.png
169 KB, 679x864
>>67840809
>>67840773
>>67840770
>>67840736
>>67840728
>>
I liked this scene, so many people talk shit about it, saying hur dur, your mom is named martha too, lets be friends now.

its more about batman realizing how far hes strayed from his path, any him putting himself in the shoes of the mugger who killed his family.
>>
>>67840869

>implying im an angry marvel fan ripping on DC

Son, I realize the truth is a difficult thing to swallow. Just take a moment, open wide and let the truth quench your thirst. It will be something that will help you down the road in life.
>>
>>67840869
>https://archive.4plebs.org/_/search/filename/1459271954283/
Will you ever go home?
>>
File: 1451637607516.gif (3 MB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
1451637607516.gif
3 MB, 267x200
>>67840873

So that justifies the lack of pacing and setup for this scene to happen naturally without needing to throw everything on screen in one scene?

Yeah you are right the scene is perfect.
>>
>>67840873
it's a little ridiculous for the "smartest man on earth" to have a complete change of heart over the name of his mother.

It's also just felt strange to go from Batman relishing the murder of superman, going as far as to slowly cut his face, taking his sweet time, for no reason and then jump to "don't you lift a finger, I will save your mommy and we're best friends now"
>>
>>67840869
lol dcucks are this mad
>>
>>67841035
fucking rekt
>>
>>67841103
>DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS
>YES
>meanwhile, at JUSTice League HQ...
>LOOK AT ALL THIS ROOM
>SO MUCH ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES
>>
>>67840773
How would saying "my mom" reveal his identity?
Shouldn't it be the other way around?
>>
>>67840869
>DC tentpole Avengers equivalent is flopping miserably
>"M-marvel fans on suicide watch!"
Go kill yourself, you're not fooling anyone
>>
>>67840677

You're talking about it aren't you? guess it worked.

Also the mem would be, "must save my mommy" if they did.

Protip: think before you post.
>>
>>67840677
Yet when he arrived and Batman activated the traps, he kept saying "mother" instead of "Martha". And, really, when you're about to die and you think of your mom, would you call out her first name or just cry mommy?
>>
>>67841103

It humanized Bruce for that second, and probably made him realize if he let Luthor win, he'd make Clark have the feels he's felt all his life, and if he took Clark's life, he'd devastate Martha (the mother figure) like letting his own mother down.

Emotions can get to people, but you must be a NEET newfag that has never endured hardship so you don't know what the fuck I'm trying to rationalize.
>>
>>67841378
I would cry "my mother" or "my mom" like any other normal person you fucking cuck. Try again.
>>
>>67840869
Jokes on you. I hate comics.
>>
>>67841420
Yeah, but that doesn't explain why he had to say her mother's name at that exact specific moment, allowing the plot to advance further. Also, 29%
>>
>>67841302
you getting salty, dccuck?
>>
>>67841482

Batman knows who clark is, why would he have to say my mother when he knows his moms name is martha? Superman also knows that Batman knows who Clark is.
>>
>>67841530
>>67841541

I'm not getting salty, it's like you didn't even watch the fucking movie.

They don't have to shove it down your throat with quips and diatribes that "we know who each of us are"

The movie assumes you know who batman and superman are, and you paid attention.
>>
>>67840677
he knows Bruce Wayne's mother's name was Martha, I guess. it's just Snyder being a shallow director.

he could have said "please save my mother." and that would have been enough. it would have humanized Superman in his eyes and made him realize he has become the very thing that he has fought so hard against.
>>
He shouldn't have said Martha. They shouldn't have shot Batman's dream sequence origins with him whispering Martha. It should have been his father looking at Bruce and saying it'll be alright and not to worry, everything will be fine.

For the actual BvS fight, Batman would be about to stab Superman, but then Lois shows up.

>"Clark!"
>Batman whips around to see a woman on the verge of hysterics; she's crying and trembling
>Batman looks down to Superman, but only sees his father reaching out and saying, "It'll be alright. Don't worry, it'll be alright."
>Bruce is in shock. He rips off his mask so that there can't be any mistake at what he's seeing.
>But his father is gone and Superman is under him reaching to Lois and saying it'll be alright
>Batman stumbles away and throws the spear down

As bad as my shit sounds, I just hate how using that little bit of trivia that both their moms are named Martha, as the crux of the movie. It sounds so contrived coming out of Superman's mouth when he says, "You're killing Martha." There is no reason for him to talk like that.
>>
Silly Anon
Clark knew Bruce was Batman since the thing at Lex's house. So, being the good journalist he is, he did his research. He learned the name of Bruce's mother of course, and also correctly judged that Bruce proably had parental issues, and that he would relate to it.

In short, what I'm saying, is that we should have had more Clark investigating Bruce being Batman instead of Lois pointlessly looking into "muh bullet"
>>
>>67841640
That's actually really good, anon

Also, I agree about the 'crux of the movie' thing. Guess it's just Snyder being Snyder.
>>
>>67841640
>There is no reason for him to talk like that.
The point is that when you're on the verge of death staring at you you don't have time to be reasonable and think with clarity. I'd like to see your reaction in that situation. At that point Superman is reduced to a little boy crying for his mother.
>>
>>67841698
Are we just supposed to assume all that is true?
>>
>>67840677
MoS showed pretty well that Superman cares more about his Space dad than either of his human parents.

Using Martha is basically proving that they're essentially step-parents that you're not comfortable calling Mom/Dad.
>>
>>67841758
Then why didn't he say "my mother", like a little boy crying for his mother? A"little boy" souldn't be mature enough to call his mother by name, especially in that situation.
>>
>>67841758
I would probably say something more like, "Please, I just want to save my mom." I wouldn't have indicted him of killing my mom, referring to her by her first name.
>>
>>67841807
Did you even watch MoS?
>>
>>67841858
Yeah, Russel Crowe is the one who taught Superman to be Earth's Jesus metaphor. Pa Kent taught Superman to be a fearful sociopath who lets people die to protect yourself and Ma Kent taught him that he doesn't owe humanity a damn thing.
>>
>>67841807

Not really, he loves his earth parents, he's curious about his past, like any orphan. His orphan story just happens to be unique. He's confused, and feels like an outcast when he just wants to fit in.

First place he always goes when shit goes down and he doesn't know the origin is to check on his mom. or louis.
>>
It's brilliant how Snyder used DC Comics trivia that both their mothers' name is Martha to create such a powerful scene. Truly the leading auteur and master practitioner of the capekino aesthetic.
>>
>>67841807
yet its Pa Kent that he sees in the Himalayas when he went to take a breather.
>>
>>67841807
>That bit where Superman contemplates he's only being Superman because of his father's ghost

It sure as shit wasn't his Earth dad. Who literally sacrificed himself so that Clark wouldn't be Superman.
>>
File: 1455249945812.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1455249945812.png
296 KB, 649x649
>mfw watching this movie

When did batman start killing people?
>>
File: lex.jpg (52 KB, 786x393) Image search: [Google]
lex.jpg
52 KB, 786x393
>>67840869
>>67840978
>>67841035
>>67841135
>>67841252
BOYS
>>
>>67841923
Tornado blew him up there
>>
>>67841944
when he lost his way after losing one of his boipussy's.
>>
>>67841922
Yeah, yeah.
Let's call it "brilliant".
>>
File: 1459594871495.png (154 KB, 430x540) Image search: [Google]
1459594871495.png
154 KB, 430x540
It's like these people didn't even pay attention to either of these movies.

When you argue with them they claim hack all the time, it's actually quite funny.

>pic related
>>
>>67841246
>How would saying "my mom" reveal his identity?

>"save my mother, Martha Kent. I'm not Clark btw. But please save my mommy. Still not her only son Clark."
>>
>>67841944
The assumption is
>Batman starts out; doesn't kill and has sidekicks
>Robin dies, Batman becomes bitter and starts killing/branding
>BvS ends and Superman's sacrifice brings Batman back to his original code (as shown by Batman not branding Luthor)
>>
>>67842000

that was robins costume? Why didnt they show that?

everything about this movie is garbage, i wanted to like it but i couldnt figure out how to.
>>
>>67842058
"save my mother" would have done it, you know
>>
>>67840677

I know this is a b8 topic but really you can shut down this whole post by just realizing batman is so anally devastated by his parents deaths that even if he DID say mom or mommy, batman would've stopped and asked him why he said that too. There's literally nothing to prove against that he wouldn't have continued if he did say mom instead.
>>
>>67842076
>Why didnt they show that?
They did, it was implied.
>>
>>67841944
I honestly think Snyder accidentally made Batman a murderer. There's clear marks of a character arc where Batman's only killing consists of his bat brand. It starts when the news sensationalizes the fact that he's branded another victim and dramatically states, for the dramatic reveal, that the brand is effectively a death sentence. Alfred is even reprimanding him in the very next scene suggesting that Bruce is starting to go too far and that his recent cruelty is stemming from the fears and insecurities that bubbled up when faced with Superman. It culminates when Batman refuses to brand Lex at the end.

Batman doesn't kill the people at the warehouse except for the flamethrower guy, and that kill was treated with a lot of gravitas. It was Ma Kent or that guy's life and Batman had to chose. The problem is that Snyder just thought it'd be really cool for the pointless batmobile chase to have explosions all over the place. And then he just really thought that slow motion shot of the guy in the back of the truck getting run over was super rad.
>>
>>67842131
>"I'm not her son Clark Kent, reporter to the daily planet btw. But still, save her pls".
Nah, this works better I think.
>>
>>67841420
I get his arc. Doesn't stop the scene from being poorly executed.

>Emotions can get to people, but you must be a NEET newfag
lol fuck off fagot. Batman killed 13 people over the course of a night and toyed with superman before delivering a death blow.

You can make the effort to understand a writers intent with anything. I could make an argument for any bullshit in the prequel trilogy. Doesn't mean it was well executed. OP's minor "plothole" bullshit is the least of BvS's problems
>>
File: 1458678537174.jpg (76 KB, 588x535) Image search: [Google]
1458678537174.jpg
76 KB, 588x535
>>67842076

I know it's like, they should have had a robin flashback so my marvel brain could understand such things!

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THINGS THAT AREN'T QUIPPED AND SHOWN TO ME OVER AND OVER!!!!!
>>
>>67842133
And that's fine. Better, in fact. But Zack had to use Martha because he thought he was so clever.
>>
Well technically she's not his mother. Even if he considers her one, maybe he didn't want to bullshit an angry man who is about to kill him
>>
>>67842133
Stopping because he happened to hear his own mom's name is stupid, it implies that if Superman had said any other name Bruce would have ignored him. "Save my mom" would have been perfectly believable.
>>
File: Batman_(Justice_Lord).jpg (78 KB, 463x362) Image search: [Google]
Batman_(Justice_Lord).jpg
78 KB, 463x362
>>67842133
yeah. afterall Batman started this whole crusade so that he can make a better world where no eight year old boy loses his parents because of some punk with a gun.
>>
>>67842215
They already had like 16 dream sequences and retarded flashbacks/forwards
Anyway nobody knew that was robins suit
>>
>>67842282
>Nobody saw the big red R on it
>>
File: aaww.jpg (34 KB, 720x320) Image search: [Google]
aaww.jpg
34 KB, 720x320
Why didn't he just put Batman in a headlock right there and explain the whole situation?
>>
>>67842257
Damn, Batman should've used a krypto-gun instead of a spear for more pottery. Missed that one, Snyder.
>>
>>67842076
They showed it in a completely unnecessary scene. The scene was so out of place that I don't really blame you for turning your brain off.

>"I have to get into Lex's compound. I'll need the suit."
>"You won't need it. You won't need to break in. You've been invited."
>Bruce looks at the invitation
>Close up of the invitation's text saying that he's been invited to a Lex Luthor shindig
>Cut to Bruce in his batcave staring pensively at his Batman costume for like 10 uninterrupted seconds and then him looking at the graffiti'd Robin suit before leaving in a car
>>
>>67842249
Or risk her being taken for some kind of kryptonite burner whore and get her killed too.
>>
>>67842357

Superman has never been confronted by a human that can test him. He already stood there while the batmobile bounced off him.

He felt no threat and thought bruce would stand down and just listen to him.
>>
>OI! >MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU4UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>67842357
This was my biggest problem with the whole fight scene. I actually liked that Superman came to talk. He tried to say something, but tripped some traps. He disabled them and tried to talk some more, but Batman started yelling in his face in the shot you posted.

But then Superman, who came to talk, just shoves Batman like 100 feet backward, sending him sprawling. Then he doesn't try to say anything else, he just flies over, grabs Batman, and smashes him through a building and across the roof. Then, instead of saying what he wanted to say while Batman was still recovering on the roof, he has the "Stay down! If I wanted it, you'd already be dead line." He could have said his entire piece so many times, but the plot makes him turn into punchy frowny mode so we can get to the title card match.
>>
>>67842453

It's not perfect for sure, but then again we're talking about fictional characters in drawings brought to life on screen. *shrug*

People do irrational shit all the time in real life, hindsight 20/20 type things.
>>
>>67842347
If they ripped out maybe 2 repeats of Bruce Wayne's flashbacks, or his wandering through Wayne Manor/graveyard, and did a better job of establishing what's been going on for 20 odd years, it would have helped immensely.

We're introduced with the Batornado flying Bruce away to dreamland, and spend more time with his origin story then establishing that he's been slowly going cruel after years of the same shit.
>>
>>67842453
He momentarily forgot about Mrtha. Full on Man of Murder mode.
>>
>>67842745
That's actually a good idea. Instead of the horrible dream sequences, they should've given us Bruce having nightmares about the Robin incident. It can be short, quick and a bit ambiguous, but it would've better characterized Bruce as a tortured soul.
>>
>>67842058
How does nobody know Clark Kent is Superman? Let alone a couple of reasonably intelligent people like Bruce Wayne and Diana Prince?

Remember when the Aliens were looking for Superman, and they kinda just ravaged Smallville and the Kent farm? Remember all those folks who kinda knew but weren't saying anything because it would have been crazy to suggest BEFORE aliens invaded? Shit, Kent's obituary is in the same newspaper as Superman's death, they flip the fucking pages and the faces are the same.

I get it, that's how it's always been, but when the Aliens are going straight for the Clark's home in MoS, you figure somebody besides Lois might be able to backtrack his identity.
>>
>>67842924
Yet Lex magically knows that Bruce Wayne is Batman...
>>
>>67842204

he just dind't care about the safety of criminals after years of doing so, remember that this is an old batman that is tired of this shit.

if there is a scene with batman mexican style executing somebody, then we can talk
>>
>>67842359

then the ''le batman doesn't use guns'' haters would come, are you kidding me??

they can't even grasp the idea of batman using guns as TOOLS in the movie
>>
>>67842453

yeah but he was kind of pissed about the whole bat branding thing, so maybe he was like '' ok I have like an hour, i can put sense into this guy in like 2 minutes and be in my way to save my mom 2 minutes afeter that, leaving me with about like 50 minutes to light this joint that I have in my pocket before heading home''
>>
>>67843227
Yes.
>>
>>67842773

You're oversimplifying it a tad bit.

He knows Batman hates him and wants him dead, he also knows he has about 30 minutes before Martha dies. He tries to talk peacefully but realizes Batman is having none of it and so, tricked into a false sense of security by Batman's traps, decides to rough him up, demonstrate that he could kill him but doesn't want to, then try to reason with him. This is the exact moment Batman hits him with the Krypton gas, and it's soon clear that Batman now has the capability to kill him. He knows time is running out and now he is mortal. Seeing as how Batman has been a bit reluctant to talk and then additionally basically tells him he's going to die after hitting him with the gas, he knows it's fight or die.

I wouldn't understand a Marvelbot to be able to think about a situation like this, but that's ok. The next Cap movie is coming soon and I'm sure you'll love it.
>>
>>67843479
How about, instead of humoring Luthor's bullshit, he flies instantly to Martha and saves her himself? Like he did with Lois in Buttfuckistan, and when Lex throws her off the tower.

Is it just one of those times when he forgets that he can do things besides fly fast and punch hard? He seems to forget that he can do those things when it's inconvenient for the script.
>>
Something i don't get.

Isn't batman suppose to be a genius and one of the best detectives in the world? How could he be manipulated by anyone?
>>
>>67844012
He was blinded by the desire to murder Supes.
>>
>>67843000
Also magically knows that Superman is Clark Kent
>>
>>67844137
That part should be easy for anyone who can see through his hipster glasses disguise. That's the one thing Lex does that makes any goddamn sense.
>>
>>67843953

See, this is the part where I laugh at you because you obviously have not seen the movie and are parroting what some marvelcuck on reddit told you about the movie. Either that, or you have the attention span of a fucking preschooler with add, because otherwise you'd have heard Lex frantically scream than not even he knows because she was taken to a location only know by the kidnapper.
>>
My theory is that he thought he was gonna die but at least wanted Batman to save his mother.
>>
>>67843000

When is this implied?
>>
Also i missed the first 10 minutes. Who dies at the beginning of the movie in front of Batman? I am so confused.
>>
>>67844241
Superman has superhearing good enough to have found Lois in the middle of bumfuck mudslimeland, and they didn't even bother to gag Martha
>>
>>67843479
>This is the exact moment Batman hits him with the Krypton gas

Well, it's more like Superman yells stuff at him that isn't trying to get Batman to help, then Batman opens a normal smoke grenade. Instead of talking or not giving a shit because he's Superman and still thinks he's invincible, he does a stupid super fast speed walk through the smoke with a HUH WHERE DID HE GO look on his face.
>>
What if Superman took Martha's kidnappoing pics then threw it at Batman. Then he tells Bats that he has 10 minutes to save the woman.
>>
>>67840677
Well you see anon, that's because otherwise the plot wouldn't have moved the way Rob Schneider, uhh, I mean Zack Snyder wanted it to.
>>
>>67844241
>can identify the heart beats and vocal cords of his fuckbuddy thousand of miles away, will run to her like a lapping dog

>Can't do the same for the woman who nurtured him since little

I now imagine Clark having a contact book stored in his head, only instead of numbers, its heart palpitations.
>>
>>67844295
Because Lex is the one who has been intercepting and sending back the checks meant for the crippled guy with the YOU LET YOUR FAMILY DIE shit written on it to intentionally stoke Batman's hate for Superman.

It really bothered me that Lex spent two years manipulating Batman to hate Superman, but never just openly contacts him and offers him a partnership to kill Superman since they both have the same motivation, except Lex is a bit more petty.
>>
>>67844426
But anon, mmm, that's not ANARCHY!
>>
>>67844241
Read what you responded to, DCuck

>Like he did with Lois in Buttfuckistan, and when Lex throws her off the tower.

He literally can single out the scream of a loved one and fly across the world in an instant to save them. It's not like Lex shipped her off to Mexico or Brazil or wherever the fuck he went earlier in an instant.
>>
>>67844479

So why did he have to ask Batman to help find her? Snyder clearly is not giving him the capability to hear/see potentially to other planets, among other changes. He likely snoops on Lane constantly to know her whereabouts which would explain him saving her constantly. Nothing supports him hearing that far away.
>>
File: JokersWild.jpg (76 KB, 1024x461) Image search: [Google]
JokersWild.jpg
76 KB, 1024x461
>>67844241
Yes, because it was such an intricate plot. Truly the work of an evil mastermind like Lex Luthor.
>>
>>67840869
>>67841035
Fucking kek. That's excellent.
>>
>>67844426
>Because Lex is the one who has been intercepting and sending back the checks meant for the crippled guy with the YOU LET YOUR FAMILY DIE shit written on it to intentionally stoke Batman's hate for Superman.

This is really, really funny to me because Batman almost didn't even know about it. Whoever Bruce's secretary was or whatever wasn't giving him the letters wit the shit written on them. Batman hadn't even known that the checks weren't making it to the guy until the day of Superman's hearing.

And it didn't even make sense for him to suspect that he wasn't getting the checks. Hell, the guy had a super expensive looking and futuristic wheelchair.
>>
>>67844372
Why didn't he bring the pics with him to show to Batman? Did Luthor take it back?
>>
>>67844811
>>67841035
>>67841149

found the Marvelcucks, this is more your movie right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9naqwR9XnJk
>>
File: Man of Slaughter.jpg (80 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Man of Slaughter.jpg
80 KB, 600x400
>>67842773
>>
>>67844671
He flies in out of nowhere to rescue them because he's snooping? The multiple times he's flown straight to Lois's aid, he did it a couple of times in Man of Steel with "Martha".

The only reason Snyder "doesn't allow him" to solve the situation in an instant is because then Batman and Superman would never fight and they'd have to call the movie something else. It's a great evil plan that worked much better in The Dark Knight when the hero wasn't a god.

It's pretty obvious Snyder has been wanting to make a Batman movie anyway.
>>
>>67841035
i dont feel anonymouse anymore ( ._.)
>>
>>67845093

What says he wasn't shadowing her the whole time, hanging out maybe a mile away until he heard gunshots?
>>
>>67842131

I think it would have been interesting for bruce to talk about metropolis getting destroyed, and how many families were destroyed as a way to rationalize still killing clark after he starts talking about his mom. Then he could have lois show up or some other contrived walking dead-esque plot device.

>Martha!
>Bruce recoils a bit
>Why did you say that name!
>My mother!
>Bruce gets enraged "Do you know how families you've destroyed! "Do you have any idea what you've done! Do you even Care! Ten thousand people died in metropolis!
> You're drifting out of touch clark, you don't even give a damn about humans do you.

and if theyre trying to do injustice I think they could have clark respond in a way that makes you actually consider whether or not he has actually weighed whats happened
>>
>>67845235
Nothing says that. It's not addressed at all, that's the thing.

One minute he's flying into a warzone in Derkastan to save Lois, the next he can't pick out his mother in a "deserted" dock. It's purely whatever happens to be convenient for the plot.
>>
>>67841103
hes not the smartest man on earth, Lex is
>>
File: Nope.gif (1010 KB, 500x248) Image search: [Google]
Nope.gif
1010 KB, 500x248
>>67845472
Lex's plan is to poke either of two invulnerable aliens with a stick until they do something bad, because God is Dead or something.

A mastermind he is not.
>>
>>67845386

Difference being, if he knows "his world" is going into a dangerous fucking part of the world he's probably gonna look out for her a bit more diligently.
>>
>>67845541
lex's plan was to have kryptonite as a silver bullet in the event superman starts not being the nice guy anymore, and created a sequence of events that would allow him to go even further past that without anyone catching onto it so he would have a reason to kill superman without making him look like a martyr
>>
>>67845684
He doesn't have kryptonite because Batman steals it. His backup plan for when he can't orchestrate everything is to release Zombie-Zod, which political officials will be able to tie back to him assuming it doesn't destroy everything... which Lex has no reason to believe he could prevent it from doing so.

It's a pretty shit plan.
>>
>>67845701
https://archive.4plebs.org/_/search/filename/1523626.jpg/
>>
File: 1459562438843.jpg (616 KB, 1473x2103) Image search: [Google]
1459562438843.jpg
616 KB, 1473x2103
>>67841420

Honestly that does not work all that well on this incarnation of Superman, ever since man of steel every single person in the world knows that Superman is giving Lois Lane angry dickings every night.

Batman knew this too, he knew supes had a human girlfriend, he knew that Superman would die to save Lois, and yet that was never enough to stop Batman from trying to kill Superman over a fucking hunch.

I do understand that if Batman were to discover that supes had a human mother it would make it much harder for him to take the final step in killing Superman, but they chose the most retarded way to show this, even five year old kids playing pretend would come with a better movie script.
>>
>>67845701
i dont get it. why would marvel fans be crying and angry? wasn't BvS the low-rated flop?
>>
Unless you hve issues with you parents you will call then mom, dad in 99.99% of the cases

This was just dumb
>>
>>67841923
Crowe is fucking expensive
>>
>>67840677
>and not "my mother"

How the fuck is he going to know who to look for if he's just going around saying "SUPERMANS MOM!, WHERE'S SUPERMANS MOM!"

Think you fucking idiot, just for one second.
>>
>>67846454
>Martha who?
>>
File: 1459389687821.jpg (86 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
1459389687821.jpg
86 KB, 679x864
>>67845911
>>67846033
MARVELFAGS BTFO
B
T
F
O
>>
>>67846521
Martha Superman duh
>>
>>67846033
I bet you're in tears and angry ahahaha so sad marvellite you don't know anything about movies
>>
File: 12412353623.png (572 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
12412353623.png
572 KB, 600x580
>>67846619
>tfw the marvelfag has been triggered
>>
I laugh at night thinking about how much BvS will make in comparison to a stupid Captain America movie.
Me and my boys are gonna see BvS for the third time this week and we're going to enjoy ourselves with a true cinema landmark.
>>
how
>>
>DCucks went completely insane because of BvS flopping

Snyder, what have you done?..
>>
>>67846726
We're not cuckolds dumbass, you retarded oaf
I shit myself laughing at people who like Marvel
>>
>>67841953
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-T2PawPyf0
>>
File: 1459747890009.png (152 KB, 293x398) Image search: [Google]
1459747890009.png
152 KB, 293x398
>>67846736
But you are ultimate cucks, actually. Watching your movies failing and failing and failing, crying and crying and crying, knowing full well that they are shit that they did not live up to hype or comic/animated standards...

but STILL take it in the ass from Snyder. Still making up justifications. It's really embarassing
>>
File: 1407509953024.png (66 KB, 205x205) Image search: [Google]
1407509953024.png
66 KB, 205x205
>>67840677
Because she isn't his biological mother, you know, like the guy who hangs around your mother.
>>
>>67844900
>take a funny video
>make it as unfunny as possible
Sasuga DCucks
>>
>>67846669
You are a true gentleman, see that film many more times, every dollar is well spent.

It is truly the best capekino cinematic event since The Dark Knight Returns
>>
Marvelfags need their own containment board. This board only discusses Capekino now. Snyder and Nolan movies only you salty little cucks.
>>
>>67846893
Troof
>>
"Save my mom named Martha and yes that's the same name as your mom she's being held by Lex Luthor somewhere I don't know and he wanted me to kill you but I haven't so please save Martha (my Martha not your Martha [your Martha is dead {I really hope my Martha isn't please save}])."
>>
>>67840677
Because that was Bruce Wayne's/Batman's father's last words and so he wanted them to be his last words too because pottery.
>>
>the dream in which Bruce goes to Martha's grave,which bleeds and a monster comes out of it assaulting him
The movie fucking spoonfeeds you on how obsessed Batman is over Martha's and yet people still don't get it.
>>
Just came back from this. People were fucking applauding scenes in the theater, holy shit. I liked it, kinda. The good parts are really good but it is convoluted. There is an hour worth of teasers and subplots for 10 other upcoming movies in this which dragged the movie a little. I guess they are really pushing for a DC extended universe now. I hope they find a place to throw Swamp Thing and Deadman in there somewhere, that would be nice.
>>
>>67847006
>To be clear, it's Martha Kent. And here are some pictures Lex Luthor took.
>>
>>67840869
Someone post the DCuck version.
>>
>>67847042
>Dream sequences

Batman also flies in the first dream sequence, which was stupid.

Later, Trenchcoat Batman fights bug people in Mad Max land. Nobody explains ParaDemons or the rest of that shit, We just drop into a dream sequence that might be cut from Suckerpunch, then transition to another dream/vision of time traveling Flash, then "wake up" again with some implications that some of what we've seen isn't total bullshit. Even though the first dream was certainly bullshit.

There is entirely too much obtuse bullshit, broken up in regular intervals by Wonderwoman faffing about with Luthor's files deciding if she wants to actually be in this movie or not, to treat Batman's nightmares as reliable.
>>
File: 5918451.jpg (3 MB, 6790x8640) Image search: [Google]
5918451.jpg
3 MB, 6790x8640
>>67847636
>>
File: dcuck.png (255 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
dcuck.png
255 KB, 770x711
>>67847753
Found it.
>>
>>67847764
delete this
>>
>>67840677
If he had sex with his alien adopted mom, does it count as incest or as bestiality?
>>
>>67840677
I liked the film, but this bothered me, too.
He should say something like:
>"My mother... Save my mother, please!"
without playing this "two Marthas" game

or

>"Save my mother, please... Her name is Martha Kent... Find her!"
so 2in1
>>
>>67847764
But anon,
>>67847753
Is the true portrayal of a DC cuck, for, DC cucks marvelfags while relishing our own superiority.

DC has real comic writers, real artists, real directors and real cinematographers.

Marvel has meme artists, tumblr writers, meme directors and absolutely no cinematography.
>>
>>67840677
Because it was a well thought out plot device. Martha was the only name shown at the spoopy grave scene before the fight.
>>
>>67847832
Are you actually picking a side on this? Do you even like comics at all?
>>
>>67840677
>if you're ever on the verge of murdering someone, make sure to ask their mothers name first - just in case both your mothers have the same name!
plot device 2016
>>
>>67847832
Improve the quality of your shitposting, kid
>>
>>67844752
I figured out Lex's plan, and it's nowhere near what we saw. When his shit went off the rails, he just decided he was out of fucks to give.

His actual plan is really pretty diabolical, but it depended on him being right about Bruce and Clark, and acting exactly as he would in their situation.
>>
>>67844671
Or being able to focus in all that well with it, even if he can.
>>
File: 1251251523.jpg (11 KB, 238x212) Image search: [Google]
1251251523.jpg
11 KB, 238x212
>>67847832
>>67847764
>marvelcucks in this much denial
>>
name 1 (one) marvel movie that has ever (EVER) generated this much discussion
>>
>>67848262
I can't, because no Marvel movie has been hyped up as much then flopped as hard as BvS. It's the Phantom Menace of capeshit.
>>
>>67840677
He seriously could have hovered there and yelled, "Dude, Lex is threatening to kill my mom! Can you please help me?"

Instead, "I don't wanna fight you." Proceeds to walk through and destroy all the traps and weapons and punch Batman around some. "No really I don't wanna fight you." Get slapped around like a ninny for a minute."Oh man, my mom is gonna be pissed." "YOU HAVE A MOM! I HAD A MOM! AAAAUGH! DON'T TALK ABOUT MOMS!"

Lois finally shows up, "Yeah, he has a mom."
>>
>>67848335

Phantom Menace didn't flop, pretty bad analogy.
>>
>>67848380
Critically it did, even if it took a while to kick in.
>>
>>67848335
Tell me Lex's motive and his plan. I will be amazed if you're even close to right.

I guarantee you it's a lot more intriguing that anything regarding trade regulations.
>>
>>67848399
I can't, because he had no motive other than pseudo-intellectual tangents about God.
>>
TELL ME ABOUT MARTHA
>>
>>67841530
You're right, that would make it almost like a movie
>>
>>67848414
Wrong. Lex's motive didn't have anything at all to do with God, but it did have everything in the world to with praise. Wanna play with that one for a while, or you want to hear the rest?
>>
File: 1458847438261.jpg (48 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
1458847438261.jpg
48 KB, 480x320
>>
>>67848437
WHY DOES SHE WEAR THE MAKEUP?
>>
>>67844873
That scene mirrors Supermans "I didn't see because I wasn't looking" line.

They both failed to stop the bombing because they weren't looking.
>>
>>67841530
>doesn't explain why he had to say her mother's name at that exact specific moment
Because he was about to be killed and needed to try one last time to at least get Batman to save Martha.
>>
>>67848492
And to protect his connection to her from a guy giving every indication of being a homicidal maniac?
>>
>>67848510
And maybe because after finding out that Bruce was the Batman, Clark researched him and the fact their mothers shared the same name stuck in his head and he hoped it might buy him some time?
>>
>>67848510
What other choice did he have?

He was about to die, and if he dies Martha dies.

He had to ask Batman to go save her before it was too late and he was stabbed through the heart with kryptonite.
>>
File: Diane-Lane.jpg (1 MB, 2048x2390) Image search: [Google]
Diane-Lane.jpg
1 MB, 2048x2390
>>67840677
>ywn call her mommy

JDIMSA
>>
>>67848561
semi-spoiler: I think Clark knew she was dead regardless of whether he came back with Bruce's head or not.

There wasn't any indication rather than some vague references at the dinner party that suggested Bruce knew who Clark really was. I'm thinking that Clark half-hoped to play Martha off as just a hostage with no connection to him.
>>
>>67848557
I somehow can't imagine Superman using such a method.
>>
>>67848629
He's no Bats, but he's no dummy either. Any port in a storm, as it were.
>>
>>67848414
>>67848443

Well, since there doesn't seem to be any reply forthcoming, I'll just spill the beans as I see them.

Lex is a manipulator. I believe, in keeping with the whole diabolical genius angle, he rarely, if ever says anything that gives his true motives away.

When talking to Clark, he refers to him as God, but in actuality, he's one of the only characters who never fails to treat him as a man. Lex knows he's not a god, but he does have something that Lex craves: adulation.

That's the reason it's not enough for Lex to simply kill him. He not only intends to vilify and disgrace him. He intends to take his place in the spotlight. That's why they were going to burn Martha as opposed to just putting a bullet in her head. Of all the ways Superman could kill a person, burning them is the one way that doesn't require him to make physical contact.

He gave Bruce what he needed to have the slimmest of chances of killing Clark, but Lex never banked on it turning into an actual fight, because, once again, he thinks that ultimately Clark is no different than him, and will react to the dilemma in precisely the way he would, in that same position, and wielding the powers of Superman. He believes that Superman will return in short order with Bruce's head, upon which time he'll make his phone call to his mercenaries, and they will torch Martha, He'll tell Clark where he can find her, and Clark will arrive to find Martha already dead and the mercenaries already gone.

Meanwhile, Lex will unleash Doomsday and beat a hasty retreat. While Clark dukes it out with Doomsday, Lex's mercenaries would be on orders to find and torch Lois as well.

With all witnesses now dead, Lex will be able to lay the blame for everything at Clark's feet - the deaths of Bruce, Martha, Lois, and even the creation of Doomsday, The only person who could say otherwise is in the middle of the fight of his life.
>>
>>67848944
While the battle rages, Lex reaches out to the other superhumans he's been keeping tabs on. Regardless of whether Supes beats Doomsday, Doomsday beats Supers, or they kill each other. He'll be the visionary genius who proved the "metahuman hypothesis" and united them to combat the alien threat armed with kryptonite and kryptonian tech that he provided.

Meet Lex Luthor - founder of the Justice League.

The icons on their folders indicate he'd already been working on "branding" his pocket heroes.
>>
>>67848944
It's interesting that Lex refers to Superman as a God, and as the Devil.

He also refers to himself as the Devil, but sees himself as a God.
>>
>>67848944
Hell, he could give him a bogus location for that matter.

That's what I'd do, and I'm a professional supervillain.
>>
>people still take superhero nonsense seriously
>even after all this amateur hack garbage
>>
>>67848414
>>67848944
>>67849012

And this is what the modern audience has come to - people who can't even put the puzzle together when they've been given all, literally all, of the pieces. They just turn their brains off and wait for Professor Exposition to show up.

Smart for a cape movie? Shit, smart for a well-crafted thriller.
>>
>>67845817
Except he blew up the people who could link him to zombie-Zod.
>>
File: 1457210454238.jpg (13 KB, 400x384) Image search: [Google]
1457210454238.jpg
13 KB, 400x384
Is he balding or am I imagining things
>>
>>67848648
Also, it fits with Clark Kent being a journalist.
>>
>>67840677
It's like Silence of the Lambs, he put a name to his mother, that way it would make it stand out better. Bravo Superman
>>
>>67849423

>don't worry guise, we'll give Clark more characterization on the BD, no it didn't need to be in the theatrical release :^)

https://youtu.be/0BQicIHyOdQ?t=7m55s
>>
>>67848944
Except if Supes wins, he is fucked.
If Doomsday wins, he is fucked and the rest of the world is fucked too.
>Was getting fucked a part of your plan?
>>
>>67851403
Not necessarily. If Bats and Wonder Woman could keep Doomsday on the ropes with K-grenades and the lasso. I could see Cyborg standing in in Bats's role, Diana still doing her thing, and the Flash ramming the spear home. Aquaman can provide that all-important moral support.

But really, I'm a huge Aquafag.
Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.